Glory BBQ

Ohio Bucki

I will be on the Glory in November and was wondering how the new BBQ venue is. I believe that it is located where the fish and chips was.

Any info. on the menu or thoughts about the food quality would be appreciated. Also what hours is it open?

I believe they were open daily, but short lunchtime hours...maybe 12-2 or so. Nice on the first day because it was practically empty up there. There's a drink station too with coffee, water, tea and lemonade. The pulled pork on the soft rolls was really good. Several sauces to choose from. We liked the brown sugar one. And the Mac n cheese was good too. It's the first place we head to on day one. Enjoy!

We ate lunch there several times, inc. embarkation day when it was virtually empty. I liked the pulled pork best, maybe because the BBQ sauce I added to it enhanced the flavor. I think we alternated between the BBQ and the Blue Iguana for lunch on sea days.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the Glory in November and was wondering how the new BBQ venue is. I believe that it is located where the fish and chips was.

Any info. on the menu or thoughts about the food quality would be appreciated. Also what hours is it open?

So has the fish and chips bar been replaced?

I was on the Glory for July 8 cruise and thought the BBQ was very good. All the meats were good. The only side I had was the potato salad and it was also good. Never crowded.
We'll be on Glory next June. Haven't tried the Ol' Fashioned BBQ, but have heard good things and looking forward to it. It's menu seems to be similar to Guy's Pig & Anchor.

So has the fish and chips bar been replaced?

The fish & chips located above the Lido buffet has been replaced with Ol' Fashioned BBQ.

True, however Fish'n'Chips has been rebranded as Seafood Shack, moved to Lido Deck aft (starboard side across from Pizza Pirate), with an expanded menu at nominal prices.

We ate lunch there several times, inc. embarkation day when it was virtually empty. I liked the pulled pork best, maybe because the BBQ sauce I added to it enhanced the flavor. I think we alternated between the BBQ and the Blue Iguana for lunch on sea days.

Pulled pork is my daughter's favourite. I will have to remember this tip about embarkation day, so we can head right up there. Thanks

True, however Fish'n'Chips has been rebranded as Seafood Shack, moved to Lido Deck aft (starboard side across from Pizza Pirate), with an expanded menu at nominal prices.
Are you sure it's been renamed? We were on Conquest last year (Glory's sister ship) and it had the fish & chips above Lido (free) and also the Seafood Shack on Lido aft (additional cost). We booked the Glory while it was in dry dock earlier this year and I could've sworn it was the same set up as Conquest (until they added the Ol' Fashioned BBQ while in dry dock).

Are you sure it's been renamed? We were on Conquest last year (Glory's sister ship) and it had the fish & chips above Lido (free) and also the Seafood Shack on Lido aft (additional cost). We booked the Glory while it was in dry dock earlier this year and I could've sworn it was the same set up as Conquest (until they added the Ol' Fashioned BBQ while in dry dock).

Don't know when you were on Conquest last year, but we cruised in mid-October and the Ol' Fashioned BBQ had just been installed above Lido a week or two before.

What were the hours for the BBQ? Is it open all day or just at lunch?

It's basically lunch hours, so maybe noon (or embark) thru 2 pm or 3 pm.

Don't know when you were on Conquest last year, but we cruised in mid-October and the Ol' Fashioned BBQ had just been installed above Lido a week or two before.
We were on in June. The person I was replying to said the fish & chips aboard the Glory has been re-branded as the Seafood Shack. I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure Glory had both the fish & chips and the Seafood Shack, just like the Conquest did. Then they replaced fish & chips with the BBQ.