G'day and probably goodbye.

I wasn't going to post this, mainly because I hate it when people say "I'm leaving this group".

What changed my mind?

A few people contacted me direct expressing some concerns about my absence, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciated it.

What has happened is my back has gone down hill, and I mean big time, a few ambulance rides, falling over almost every day, and some bodily control issues when I do fall that I'd rather not talk about here.

I had three cruises booked. Doctors said the only way I would be allowed go on them was in a wheelchair, and maybe not even then. For insurance purposes it counts as a pre-existing condition so I had to make a call while I could cancel without penalty (for the two night cruise it was already too late). So we pulled the plug. The other two I might have taken the risk if I'd been able to get an accessible cabin, but Princess, in spite of their promises, let me down and NCL was sold out.

Then there's the issue that Mrs Gut needs a mid ship cabin and even the accessible we managed to swap to on Solstice is too far forward for our liking, but she is prepared to give it a go for the two days.

It has been a hard time physically and mentally, my new pup has helped a lot with the depression.

To be honest posting became agonising as it just reminded me that my cruising career MAY be over as well as just how precarious my physical state is.

One member sent me a video of my beloved home town to give me a lift and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I hope one day things will improve enough to at least let me post sometimes but for now, "I'll miss the friendship I've found here, thank you all."

Sorry to be a bit of a downer,

Thank you for all your good common sense advice and for having a great sense of humour. I hope you and Mrs Gut continue to enjoy life and laugh when times get tough.

Here's hoping your medical issues improve.

Best wishes to you and Mrs gut

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Gut, I am fairly new to the forum but have read countless comments from you and I have learned such a lot.

I love your humour and I am so sorry your cruising days are done.

No doubt you will be able to find something to help fill up your life,

Best wishes for your future.

G'day Mr Gut. Distressing to hear of your medical issues and inability to travel. I along with many others have enjoyed your humour and banter on here. Cruise Critic will be a poorer place without you.

Best of luck for the future and may God be with you old son.:p

Thank you for all your good common sense advice and for having a great sense of humour. I hope you and Mrs Gut continue to enjoy life and laugh when times get tough.

Here's hoping your medical issues improve.

Best wishes to you and Mrs gut

Thank you.

The old sense of humour is being put to the test at the moment. But my little pup has helped so full of life, so ready for a hug and a cuddle when I'm really down.

Hi Gut, I am fairly new to the forum but have read countless comments from you and I have learned such a lot.

I love your humour and I am so sorry your cruising days are done.

No doubt you will be able to find something to help fill up your life,

Best wishes for your future.

Thank you. Some great people to be found on the Aus/NZ section.

So that explains your long absence.

Sorry about what you are going through right now.

Wishing you a full recovery and your return to cruising.

Be well!

Again thank you.

I keep hoping the doctors come up with some good news eventually.

G'day Mr Gut. Distressing to hear of your medical issues and inability to travel. I along with many others have enjoyed your humour and banter on here. Cruise Critic will be a poorer place without you.

Best of luck for the future and may God be with you old son.:p

Thanks Uncle Les same to you and your good lady.

I can't say I don't miss the banter and joking, but to be frank doing it darn hard.

Sorry to hear about your health Mr GUT. I for one will miss your posts with your unique sense of Aussie humour, Most times I wish there was a 'Like' button, Hopefully when you are up to it we will see you on CC even if you and Mrs GUT are not cruising as you still have so much knowledge to offer both on this board and on the Ports - Australia and New Zealand board.

Best wishes to you and Mrs GUT for the future and hope your pup helps you through the bad times.

Leigh

Yo Gutster, at times you've driven me crazy, drove me funny, ridden me to distraction, in humour. Baited me, in humour etc,etc. Will never forget ya, and will never forget how you inquired about us after Orlando.

I know there will be a way forward for you to pursue your passion.

I remember my first few posts, haha what a laugh and I thought mmmh this guys on it.

We are always here for you.:hearteyes:

KIA-KAHA.

Yo Gutster, at times you've driven me crazy, drove me funny, ridden me to distraction, in humour. Baited me, in humour etc,etc. Will never forget ya, and will never forget how you inquired about us after Orlando.

I remember my first few posts, haha what a laugh and I thought mmmh this guys on it.

KIA-KAHA.

Thanks mate, you don't know it but you just filled my eyes with tears.

KIA-KAHA.

Ohh and I was happy to try and drive you to drink, thought you'd appreciate an excuse.

I inquired because I cared.

So sorry to hear of your health issues GUT. We really will miss you, your common sense along with a wonderful sense of humour will be missed by us all. You never know what's just around the corner, life is like a box of chocolates, in the meantime enjoy that pup and watching the mischief it gets into.

Always appreciative of your advise.

Ohh and I was happy to try and drive you to drink, thought you'd appreciate an excuse.

I inquired because I cared.

Knew that, loved it, always, and man hell it all you still have so much to contribute, don't F&^%$ give me that crap about not being able to cruise and cant contribute. (BOLLOCKS). You take a break, and get ya skanky arse right back in here where ya belong. Alrighti job freakin done.:hearteyes:. Or ill personally come down there , with a bot of Shiraz and some diet coke and make ya log in. Haha ha back the ^%$# at ya/:hearteyes:

:hearteyes::loudcry::halo:

Knew that, loved it, always, and man hell it all you still have so much to contribute, don't F&^%$ give me that crap about not being able to cruise and cant contribute. (BOLLOCKS). You take a break, and get ya skanky arse right back in here where ya belong. Alrighti job freakin done.:hearteyes:. Or ill personally come down there , with a bot of Shiraz and some diet coke and make ya log in. Haha ha back the ^%$# at ya/:hearteyes:

:hearteyes::loudcry::halo:

'LIKE'!!!!!!!! :D

Leigh