AirBnB in Galveston - Street Parking While at Sea

Pops, Esq.

Has anyone ever tried an Air BnB in Galveston the night before the cruise? More specifically, has anyone used an Air BnB (or similar) with on-street parking and left the car there while on the cruise?

We are looking at one fairly close to the port (a matter of blocks, not miles). The owner says we can leave our car "there" while on the cruse. I use quotation marks because there is really no "there" there. The place has on-the-street parking in an area that is permit-only. The owner will provide us with a parking permit for the time we are on the cruise (no extra charge). That keeps the local police off my case, but offers little/no protection from theft. But it IS in a residential neighborhood and, to be frank, our cars aren't that attractive to thieves.

Essentially, with seven-day cruise parking running $65-80, the free parking means I am only about $60 or so more for the place to stay. Plus, we walk to boarding.

Anyone have any experience trying this?

Well thieves also break in to beaters too. Probably more often than nice cars.

You also have to worry about somebody sideswiping your car.Or plowing into the back of it. Which happens a lot down here.

I could see an overnight stay or two. But for 5 or 7 days my car sitting down a street in town I'm not even familiar with, no way.

In my opinion 65 to $80 for the week. Is a whole lot cheaper than anything a thief could do or a car hitting your car.

Sent from Samsung's Galaxy using speech to text

There is, sadly, a lot of auto break-ins and auto theft going on in Galveston. And it seems to be getting worse. I work here and love this beautiful island so much, but no WAY would I leave my car on the street here for the duration of a cruise. I wouldn't even leave it in a hotel parking lot.

• 1 month later...

Essentially, with seven-day cruise parking running $65-80, the free parking means I am only about $60 or so more for the place to stay. Plus, we walk to boarding.

E Z Cruise Parking has a $20 off Park & Walk coupon (which makes it $54.12 for a 7 nt cruise)..... car is safe inside the fence.... just go to their website to reserve.

There is, sadly, a lot of auto break-ins and auto theft going on in Galveston. And it seems to be getting worse. I work here and love this beautiful island so much, but no WAY would I leave my car on the street here for the duration of a cruise. I wouldn't even leave it in a hotel parking lot.

I Agee.

We stayed at the Inn at the Waterpark in Feb & left our car there in unsecured parking. We didn't have any problems. If you check the information for the 'secured' parking, they aren't responsible for break-ins either. Just don't leave valuables in your car & have insurance. Parking on the street or parking lot isn't secure anywhere.