Question about Princess in Brisbane

In October we'll be on Golden Princess. She will dock at Fishermans Grain Terminal. I have heard something about a ship shuttle from there to Brisbane. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle?

Thinking of the best way to get to Lone Pine Sanctuary. 6 of us want to share a taxi, but wondering if we should do it from the dock or from the city.

Hi Cathy,

Yes there is a shuttle from Fisherman's Is into the city. I understand it stops at the City Hall and costs $29 pp. From there you can get a taxi or take a river cruise to Lone Pine sanctuary. It's a medium distance walk from City Hall to the Southbank's Cultural centre, where you board the 'Mirimar' to Lone Pine. You'll need to be there at 10 :00am, although I'd be concerned with a 3.30 pm return time, depending when your ship sails. The maxi-taxi (for 6 + persons) from City Hall would be a better alternative in that case. .

I hope you will enjoy your time "downunder".

Here is the link to the website that will help

http://www.mirimar.com/site/daily-cruises/

Edited by Kinkacruiser

In October we'll be on Golden Princess. She will dock at Fishermans Grain Terminal. I have heard something about a ship shuttle from there to Brisbane. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle?

Thinking of the best way to get to Lone Pine Sanctuary. 6 of us want to share a taxi, but wondering if we should do it from the dock or from the city.

If you want the easier alternative you may well find that Princess offer a shore excursion to Lone Pine Sanctuary that will take you directly from the Grain Terminal. Please be aware there is absolutely nothing to do at the Grain Terminal and not a lot of taxis either. It is an industrial working port and you can't even go for a walk anywhere. Those not on shore excursions normally use the shuttle bus to the City where it is easy to fill your day from there.

Hi Cathy,

Yes there is a shuttle from Fisherman's Is into the city. I understand it stops at the City Hall and costs $29 pp. From there you can get a taxi or take a river cruise to Lone Pine sanctuary. It's a medium distance walk from City Hall to the Southbank's Cultural centre, where you board the 'Mirimar' to Lone Pine. You'll need to be there at 10 :00am, although I'd be concerned with a 3.30 pm return time, depending when your ship sails. The maxi-taxi (for 6 + persons) from City Hall would be a better alternative in that case. .

I hope you will enjoy your time "downunder".

Here is the link to the website that will help

http://www.mirimar.com/site/daily-cruises/

Thanks. I'm worried we won't have the time to do the Mirimar. So, taxi sounds like a plan. But, if the shuttle to town is $29pp, and 6 of us are sharing a taxi, I wonder if a taxi from the dock would cost less pp.

If you want the easier alternative you may well find that Princess offer a shore excursion to Lone Pine Sanctuary that will take you directly from the Grain Terminal. Please be aware there is absolutely nothing to do at the Grain Terminal and not a lot of taxis either. It is an industrial working port and you can't even go for a walk anywhere. Those not on shore excursions normally use the shuttle bus to the City where it is easy to fill your day from there.

Thanks. Unfortunately, Princess does not offer an excursion to Lone Pine Sanctuary. They offer one to the zoo, which was my first thought. But, most of the time would be spent on a bus to/from the zoo, and only a couple of hours total at the zoo.

According to the Taxi Fare Calculator found here;

https://www.taxifare.com.au/

The fare from Fisherman's Island to Lone Pine Sanctuary on a week day leaving at 9:30am is from AU$95.79 to AU$134.11. That's a maximum of AU$22.35 pp for 6 people. Be sure to ask for a Maxi-Taxi when booking.

Thanks for finding that. Do taxis hang around the area where we get off the ship, or do we need to book ahead?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for finding that. Do taxis hang around the area where we get off the ship, or do we need to book ahead?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i disembarked at the grain terminal a few weeks ago and there were taxis there but not sure if its a regular thing

I would imagine there are taxis there when ever a ship comes in. I've only been to Fisherman's Island once. Cruise ships only go there if they are too big to get under the Gateway Bridge or the berth at the Cruise Terminal up stream is already occupied.

Thanks. I'm worried we won't have the time to do the Mirimar. So, taxi sounds like a plan. But, if the shuttle to town is $29pp, and 6 of us are sharing a taxi, I wonder if a taxi from the dock would cost less pp.

I just used a site to give a quote for Uber XL and Maxi Taxi (both can take 6 passengers) from the Grain Wharf to King George Square (next to the mall in the CBD) - $59 for Uber XL and $67 for the maxi Taxi. Distance is approx 23km and abot 30 minutes. Could be a bit more expensive if there is heavy traffic, and I'm not exactly sure where you get off the ship - could be an extra 1km. Anyway cheaper than a shuttle - is the $29pp return?

Yellow cabs and Black & White cabs are the main taxis. Uber is very popular but if think you need to have their app on your mobile phone, plus an Aussie SIM card to get it to work.

Yes, they operate a taxi pick-up there. Given the limited transport options from that terminal, they arrange for taxis to be operating through there when ships are using it.