9am Dubrovnik tour?

Hi

I might be better off posting this on the dubrovnik forum but as it's a p&o cruise hoping someone can help.

We've decided on a private (i.e. not ship) tour we want to do in dubrovnik but it starts at 9am.

Now whenever we've cruised before we usually arrive at the port before I wake up. On the cruise personaliser it just says we arrive "early morning" (2nd August).

Do you think 9am is possible? The meeting point is the flower market I think in the old town.

Cheers

Shaun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on Celebrity leaving the ship was a bit of a hassle - from memory they always let people on ship excursions off first, the rest of us got given a voucher and we had to wait to be called to leave.

I honestly can't remember what p&o do. Are we allowed off as soon as we dock? I really want to do this excursion but obviously don't want to book it if the logistics don't work.

When we were on Celebrity leaving the ship was a bit of a hassle - from memory they always let people on ship excursions off first, the rest of us got given a voucher and we had to wait to be called to leave.

I honestly can't remember what p&o do. Are we allowed off as soon as we dock? I really want to do this excursion but obviously don't want to book it if the logistics don't work.

I think those on excursions get off first - sorry

Just come back off Britannia and we were allowed off as soon as we got the all clear. Tours generally had to report to a lounge on the ship and everybody else could just get off as they wanted. There were no tenders so that might put a different slant on things. We only wanted to get off very quickly one morning and had no trouble at all.

The problem is that you dock a bit of a way from the centre and you need to take the shuttle so it would be very tight. Maybe pre-book a taxi?

Pre booking a taxi sounds good.

I'm emailing the company now and they are saying that they mostly deal with cruise ships and they are confident 9am is doable.

My main concern is that if we dock at 8 the ship will have to go through lots of official port things before they get the all clear to let people off. Because we've always docked before we woke up in the past we never really noticed how long the docking procedure takes.

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

It's a Game of Thrones tour - with props! All the tour guides worked on the show (albeit some of them as extras).

We are booked on now. They agreed to refund us if we can't get there in time due to ship delays etc.

Now that sounds a bit different for the next time in Dubrovnic. Tell us all how it went when you get back please.

• 2 weeks later...

Eglesbrech in the end I didn't do the tour (way too hot) but my partner did and he loved it. They got to play with replica swords of Jon Snow and the Lannister sword, rang the bell and shouted "Shame" at him as he walked down the steps for the walk of shame etc.

Lots of titbits about filming (bearing in mind the gag order the extras have to sign), photo ops at key scenes etc etc. He really enjoyed it. He would recommend it.

This company only have 9 people max on the tour (he saw other tours with whole coach loads etc) and they are real fans of the show (his particular guide hosts the dubrovnik Facebook page for the GOT show etc etc).

The pics are on his phone but I'll post some tomorrow (it's a sea day so Internet allowing)

Eglesbrech in the end I didn't do the tour (way too hot) but my partner did and he loved it. They got to play with replica swords of Jon Snow and the Lannister sword, rang the bell and shouted "Shame" at him as he walked down the steps for the walk of shame etc.

Lots of titbits about filming (bearing in mind the gag order the extras have to sign), photo ops at key scenes etc etc. He really enjoyed it. He would recommend it.

This company only have 9 people max on the tour (he saw other tours with whole coach loads etc) and they are real fans of the show (his particular guide hosts the dubrovnik Facebook page for the GOT show etc etc).

The pics are on his phone but I'll post some tomorrow (it's a sea day so Internet allowing)

That definitely sounds like one to book next time I am there. Thanks for reporting back.

Disembarkation was fine - we were in port and on the shuttle bus by 8am - the shuttle bus was just a ten minute drive at most and the drop off point just happened to be the exact spot where the tour began. We had time for a Coke overlooking the harbour and city walls while we waited[emoji106]

I just pootled around the city, sticking to shady side streets stopping frequently in cafes to read, once the tour was over we had lunch then I headed back to the ship and he walked the walls.