NKOTB Fans

So is anyone on here going on the NKOTB Cruise in October out of New Orleans? I have never been on one but am thinking of going next year. I have been hesitant because I was thinking of the crowd but after being on my first cruise a couple weeks ago I don't think it will be that bad. If anyone does go or has gone in the past I would love to hear your experiences. :hearteyes:

Do yourself a favor....go watch "Rock the Boat" which aired 2 seasons on POP network. See if you can get it on demand or online. They did a docu-reality show about the NKOTB cruise for the last two years. I have friends that have gone every year on the cruise (I have never gone) and it is crazy and crowded and they don't get any sleep and it's party 24/7 for 4 days. Watch the show and then decide if that is for you.

So is anyone on here going on the NKOTB Cruise in October out of New Orleans? I have never been on one but am thinking of going next year. I have been hesitant because I was thinking of the crowd but after being on my first cruise a couple weeks ago I don't think it will be that bad. If anyone does go or has gone in the past I would love to hear your experiences. :hearteyes:

I've never done a Carnival full charter. It sounds like it could be fun if you are a fan of NKOTB. The prices look pretty expensive though for Carnival Triumph. I think I'd be more inclined to do a Carnival Live cruise if they announce more performers. Last year they announced 2017 performers in August.

I went on the 2010 one out of Miami. I barely remember a thing. It was on Carnival Imagination and it was crowded as I'll get out. Especially when any of the guys come near. It was definitely a ONCE in a lifetime thing for me.

Do yourself a favor....go watch "Rock the Boat" which aired 2 seasons on POP network. See if you can get it on demand or online. They did a docu-reality show about the NKOTB cruise for the last two years. I have friends that have gone every year on the cruise (I have never gone) and it is crazy and crowded and they don't get any sleep and it's party 24/7 for 4 days. Watch the show and then decide if that is for you.

I have seen a couple episodes and watched some on YouTube. The crowd is what is deterring me the most.

I've never done a Carnival full charter. It sounds like it could be fun if you are a fan of NKOTB. The prices look pretty expensive though for Carnival Triumph. I think I'd be more inclined to do a Carnival Live cruise if they announce more performers. Last year they announced 2017 performers in August.

That sounds like fun. I will have to check it out.

I'm not going, but just wanted to say that we saw Boyz II Men, Paula Abdul and NKOTB in concert a couple months ago and it was a fantastic show! A NKOTB cruise sounds fun!

I went to both the Columbus and Cincinnati shows and they were amazing. I toyed with going to the Cleveland show as well but we had other things going on.

I went on the 2010 one out of Miami. I barely remember a thing. It was on Carnival Imagination and it was crowded as I'll get out. Especially when any of the guys come near. It was definitely a ONCE in a lifetime thing for me.

Yeah-that's the thing for me. If it was actually a more intimate setting I would do it for sure but it looks like its basically just concert crowds for days and I don't know if I want to deal with all that, especially for the price. I can pay the same amount and do a M&G and have front row tickets.

Music cruises can be really amazing, but in the case of a band-specific cruise like this, I agree about probably not being to interact too closely with the band members. I suppose the organizers could arrange things like smaller, more intimate meet'n'greets with the band (maybe c. 50 fans at a time), but I haven't heard of many that do.

I go on a music cruise every year, but it has 60 bands and 4 stages, so no one band is so popular that they'd be mobbed by fans (which would happen with someone like NKOTB). It's an awesome cruise and it's great fun...I just wish it was on a Carnival ship and not Royal Caribbean. :)

• 6 months later...

I just booked for this year's cruise! I'm kind of concerned about the crowds but still think it will be fun! I'm not going on with the expectation of interacting with the guys outside of the 5 seconds for the group photo so I won't be disappointed! It will be fun to just be with my girlfriends and other BH sisters for a band we love!

One of my good friends goes on every one they do. She's a NK groupie. She just recently went to Boston to see them. She goes on every cruise they do and pretty much goes to every east coast concert.

SN: If you're a "Fuller House" fan, there's a reason Kimmy Gibbler was promoting Carnival a few times during the episode with NKOTB. She's typically on those cruises also.

I went in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and booked this year´s cruise yesterday.

It is very crowded and definitely only for fans of the New Kids, not a regular cruise at all. But the crowds are only on deck during the parties and on the beach at HMC. Everything else ist split into groups.

I would not watch Rock this boat in order to make a decision for or against the New Kids cruise. It´s still a TV show. And it is a lot of SHOW...

But for me the cruise was a dream come true.

My daughter and all of my nieces (8 in all) went to the concert last year with Boys to Men & Paula Abdul - they had a blast. It was a re-do of the time 20 some years ago when my sister took them all to a NKOTB concert in Miami - what a road trip!!

I know that this cruise would be a blast for all of them - now in their 30's and 40's.

Is this cruise that much more expensive than a normal CCL cruise? I don't want to tell them about it if it's way too expensive.

Is this cruise that much more expensive than a normal CCL cruise? I don't want to tell them about it if it's way too expensive.

Pre sale was the past two days. Today at 12pm is the regular sale. Might be sold out after 15 minutes but there is always a waitlist. Works most of the time.

Check prices on nkotbcruise dot com. There are all categories and prices listed. I would say it is like triple the price of a regular cruise.

Pre sale was the past two days. Today at 12pm is the regular sale. Might be sold out after 15 minutes but there is always a waitlist. Works most of the time.

Check prices on nkotbcruise dot com. There are all categories and prices listed. I would say it is like triple the price of a regular cruise.

How did you find out about this cruise?

While I'm not remotely interested in a NKOTB-themed cruise :cool:, is there a place one can go to find out about other themed or chartered cruises similar to this that I may be interested in?

How did you find out about this cruise?

While I'm not remotely interested in a NKOTB-themed cruise :cool:, is there a place one can go to find out about other themed or chartered cruises similar to this that I may be interested in?

What type of music do you like ?

Sixthman does lots of music charters.

https://www.sixthman.net

If a specific band you want to see is doing something,they will usually announce it on Twitter, FB or their website.

Or you can just Google charter cruise xxx with your interest and something might just come up. Charter cruises are a huge thing these days.