How do you get beach towels?

bajae

Leaving soon for my first cruise and I've picked up a lot of information from this forum but I'm still a bit confused about the beach towels. I know...a minor issue but the less time I have to spend figuring things out the more time I can have on the ship enjoying my cruise. [emoji2]

So what I am assuming...

In the cabin you have a blue beach towel per person when arriving. You can exchange for a fresh towel at the towel station or your steward will exchange if you leave it on the floor of your cabin. You can take it with you in port and return when getting back on the ship or exchange for fresh towel. Correct?

Where I'm confused...

I've read if you lose/leave the towel when off the ship, you will be charged for it, in the range between 20 and 30 dollars. I also have read about people hogging chairs by leaving towels on them to reserve a spot. So why would people leave towels unattended if they will be charged if it goes missing? Anyone can walk up and take it and no one would question it. Is it just a case of musical towels? When the music stops (cruise ends) people just grab the nearest towel and those who can't find one get charged?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They never expect anyone to touch their towel and I've never witnessed anyone messing with them even the Carnival employees who are supposed to be watching to stop the chair hogs. But I have heard of people having a 22.00 charge on their bills because that towel isn't in their cabin at the end of the cruise.

The towels will be in your cabin, but they are large. Two towels will take up an entire day bag. We love these : https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Rainleaf-Perfect-Sports-Travel/dp/B01K1TX3DK/ref=pd_day0_200_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=5920CWTBR1FVQTYZJ6RV&th=1

We own a boat and take these everywhere. They are light and dry very quickly.

I always bring 2 beach towels with us. One/Carnivals is never enough for me. I bring smaller but much more brightly patterned towels. It also makes finding my chair at the beach much easier. Just my 2 cents worth.

Also, got are better off exchanging your own beach towels then leaving for the state room attendant. Say, you come back at 4 from a shore excursion and leave the towel in the room for the attendant to change. When he turns down the room at night he will take the towel but you won't get a replacement until after he makes up your room the next morning. If you have another port day and you leave early the next day before your room is made up, you won't have fresh towels! Best thing is when you get back on board from a port day, right after you get your card scanned there's a person right there that you can exchange your dirty towels for clean ones. Easiest way to get new, clean towels!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

We always get 2 towels pp...just ask on the pool deck for another, or from the towel stand, wherever it is. Being charged for towels is rare...and really, who "loses" their stuff? They put the charge there, so folks will return their towels...apparently there are some asses who simply don't care about other's possessions!

Also, got are better off exchanging your own beach towels then leaving for the state room attendant. Say, you come back at 4 from a shore excursion and leave the towel in the room for the attendant to change. When he turns down the room at night he will take the towel but you won't get a replacement until after he makes up your room the next morning. If you have another port day and you leave early the next day before your room is made up, you won't have fresh towels! Best thing is when you get back on board from a port day, right after you get your card scanned there's a person right there that you can exchange your dirty towels for clean ones. Easiest way to get new, clean towels!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Since when? I have always had towels both beach and regular ones replaced both in the morning and at night if needed. But yes, I try and exchange them when I get back on he ship on Deck 0. If not, then I put them on the shower floor with my other dirty towels and washcloths.

You could always ask your RS to exchange as well when you see them in the hallway.

Someone picked up my towel on the ship while on the waterslide (by mistake I am sure-since my camera under the chair was undisturbed). I told my room steward this and he took care of it so I was not charged.

On shore we usually bring some towels that home that we leave for recycling to keep from carrying around the Carnival towels.

Since when? I have always had towels both beach and regular ones replaced both in the morning and at night if needed. But yes, I try and exchange them when I get back on he ship on Deck 0. If not, then I put them on the shower floor with my other dirty towels and washcloths.

You could always ask your RS to exchange as well when you see them in the hallway.

I'm the last 12 months have been on 6 different Carnival cruises, the most recent being 2 weeks ago on the Vista. In each case my beach towel was not replaced the same night if I left it on the bathroom floor. We always request twice daily service and usually out of our stateroom about 7pm for Your Time Dining around 7:15. We are platinum members also. The reason given is that they don't have clean beach towels on hand at night. I'm sure if I demanded that they be replaced ASAP it would be done, but so far that had not been the case. We have 3 more Carnival cruises this year, I'll see if my experience is the same.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I could have sworn that they always put fresh beach towels in our cabin at night when they picked up the dirty ones. But then again, I could be crazy. We don't ever take our own towels - first, my suitcase is usually packed pretty tight (I know, I overpack) and second, I don't like to re-use beach towels - too sandy/salty. While I don't mind having laundry to do or have done when it's my clothes, I don't want to mess with having to have my beach towels washed.

I'm the last 12 months have been on 6 different Carnival cruises, the most recent being 2 weeks ago on the Vista. In each case my beach towel was not replaced the same night if I left it on the bathroom floor. We always request twice daily service and usually out of our stateroom about 7pm for Your Time Dining around 7:15. We are platinum members also. The reason given is that they don't have clean beach towels on hand at night. I'm sure if I demanded that they be replaced ASAP it would be done, but so far that had not been the case. We have 3 more Carnival cruises this year, I'll see if my experience is the same.

I guess I must just get lucky with my room stewards. In all my cruises including my Vista one in March and Glory last October, they did exchange my beach towels at night. I don't see how they wouldn't have access to them at night since people come back from shore during the day, they would naturally be replaced at night for the next day. I am Platinum, my sister and her family were blue and got the same service down in Family Harbor. I was in Havana. I will also report back in October from my Glory cruise.

I could have sworn that they always put fresh beach towels in our cabin at night when they picked up the dirty ones. But then again, I could be crazy. We don't ever take our own towels - first, my suitcase is usually packed pretty tight (I know, I overpack) and second, I don't like to re-use beach towels - too sandy/salty. While I don't mind having laundry to do or have done when it's my clothes, I don't want to mess with having to have my beach towels washed.

That maybe your experience and quite frankly SHOULD BE the case, but unfortunately in practice has not been. In fact several times after morning room makeup the beach towels were not replaced! I had to call the attendant to get fresh ones. Since this thread was specifically about beach towels, I wanted to share my particular experiences. I would be annoyed if I was trying to get off the ship at Port and had to chase down the room attendant for clean towels!

So they don't have towels at the gangway as you're getting off the ship? If you don't have one from your room that's it?

Just asking because I've been used to them being plentiful on DCL.

I don't want to be surprised. :D

So they don't have towels at the gangway as you're getting off the ship? If you don't have one from your room that's it?

Just asking because I've been used to them being plentiful on DCL.

I don't want to be surprised. :D

I have never seen clean towels to grab going out to shore. You bring them from your cabin. If for some reason you don't have clean ones in your cabin, ask your RS or exchange the dirty ones at the towel hut on Lido.

We always just hit the towel exchange on the way in from port. They have one right as you come in through security. This way, we don't need to worry about our room steward bringing a fresh one before the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always just hit the towel exchange on the way in from port. They have one right as you come in through security. This way, we don't need to worry about our room steward bringing a fresh one before the next morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly. There is usually are 2 bins of towels after security near the elevators to exchange used beach towels and get fresh ones to use the next day. Sometimes it is manned, sometimes not. If manned, just make sure the crew sees you put your used towels in the bin so you get an even exchange.

I've enjoyed this practice on Conquest class ships and up, I can't speak about the older ships since I haven't sailed on them the last 10 years or so. YMMV.

. Is it just a case of musical towels? When the music stops (cruise ends) people just grab the nearest towel and those who can't find one get charged?

Now this is pretty funny. I'm picturing a satirical video showing people on the pool deck nervously circling a row of loungers, each with some chog's towel on it..... :D

I always bring 2 beach towels with us. One/Carnivals is never enough for me. I bring smaller but much more brightly patterned towels. It also makes finding my chair at the beach much easier. Just my 2 cents worth.

That's a really excellent point. When two Carnival ships are in port at (say) Grand Turk, all you'll see on the beach is a sea of blue Carnival towels.

It really helps to differentiate your stuff in some way, especially if you lose track of which aisle your stuff is near and begin panicking when you think your stuff got stolen. (Guilty as charged.)

I have never seen clean towels to grab going out to shore. You bring them from your cabin. If for some reason you don't have clean ones in your cabin, ask your RS or exchange the dirty ones at the towel hut on Lido.

I recall seeing big bins of towels as we got off the ship but its been several years and don't recall which ships. They were tan not the blue ones in the room. And those bins were empty on our return to put the dirty wet ones in.