First timer with family - on Independence of Seas

APG59

Any good tips on avoiding the crowds on the ship when attending the shows or eating?

As a first timer with a family (2 boys aged 14 and 18) there seems a lot to do and think about to maximise opportunities on the Independence of the Seas.

Any tips whatsoever about this ship?

Thanks Clarea,

Presumably you need to arrive around 30 mins or so before the start and an itinerary of shows and events is available somewhere?

The cruise line does not publish an advanced list of shows and events. However, once onboard, you will be able to see the daily schedule on what Royal calls the Cruise Compass. This document is distributed to each stateroom every evening showing the events planned for the next day.

I would recommend arranging 6:00pm fixed time dining for your cruise, with a table for just the four of you. In our experience, this has been a more time-efficient approach, in general, than other options.

We still have the option for specialty or buffet dining on any given night. But there's no waiting to dine, not dependent on other pax, and we're usually done with plenty of time to choose evening activities and arrive early as needed for decent seats.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Shows and dining are the "crowd" points....you can't avoid them, unless you don't go to the shows, or forgo dining in the dining room. Sorry! It's just the way it works! If you go to the shows, then simply stay seated until the masses have gone...then you can proceed at your leisure! With dinner, traditional seating will have a line until most are seated, so don't get there before your dining time! If you have MTD, and want to eat during the popular times...there will be crowds...it's POPULAR! Eat early or later to avoid the masses.

I would recommend arranging 6:00pm fixed time dining for your cruise, with a table for just the four of you. In our experience, this has been a more time-efficient approach, in general, than other options.

We still have the option for specialty or buffet dining on any given night. But there's no waiting to dine, not dependent on other pax, and we're usually done with plenty of time to choose evening activities and arrive early as needed for decent seats.

Would do the same as suggested.

With dinner, traditional seating will have a line until most are seated, so don't get there before your dining time!

With the 1st seating, usually around 6:00pm, I've been on many cruises where there was no wait. We just walked in and sat at our assigned table. But it likely varies.

Another benefit of a 4-top - you won't run the risk of possibly spending an extra 30 valuable seconds or so while your table mates join hands and say a blessing. ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by pseudoware