Milk in your cabin?

Tikka234

Hi I know we get tea coffee and milk, but when we go to premier inn we usually take a pint of milk as we like several cups of tea /coffee especially in the morning's.

Can I take say a litre o f milk and will it fit in the fridge?

Can you buy milk on the ship?

Or can we ask our steward for lots of extra milk?

Just thinking about little things now it getting close ( next weekend)

Thanks

Milk on P&O now comes in little sachets, not enough for me to go with the instant coffee sachets, but if you ask your steward he will ensure you always have a good supply.

The fridges on P&O are only the size of a hotel mini bar, and they now have a selection of drinks for sale in them, you can ask your steward to remove these, but bear in mind milk will reduce the amount of space for your cabin wine drinks to chill.;p

Hi I know we get tea coffee and milk, but when we go to premier inn we usually take a pint of milk as we like several cups of tea /coffee especially in the morning's.

Thanks

If you order room service breakfast you can ask for extra milk.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Hi, I am exactly the same as you! As cruise Puss says you can order a carton, be specific whether you want skimmed etc. It will be UHT. I always take 2 x 2 pint bottles of cravendale as it has a longer life, these fit in the fridge, just take all the other stuff out. When ashore I top up my supply although have been known to accidentally buy some sort of yogurt drink on more than one occasion [emoji15] We often get room service breakfast in an effort to reduce calorie intake, they bring you a jug of milk with that too. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back today from Azura...all tea is now PG Tips...ergh. I'm taking my own Twinnings next time, so just a note in case you prefer a different tea :)

Were there still the Twinnings fruit and peppermint choices in the buffet do you know? Or have these changed too?

...all the fruit and herbal teas are now PG Tips (still a good variety) but no Twinnings in sight anywhere. Another cost cutting exercise me thinks. It's still Douwe Egberts coffee though, and the only biscuits in the cabin were choc chip and orange. All alcoholic drinks are still splendid!!:champagne-toast::tropical-drink:

...all the fruit and herbal teas are now PG Tips (still a good variety) but no Twinnings in sight anywhere. Another cost cutting exercise me thinks. It's still Douwe Egberts coffee though, and the only biscuits in the cabin were choc chip and orange. All alcoholic drinks are still splendid!!:champagne-toast::tropical-drink:

Thanks. I'll find out at the end of the year how their peppermint tea compares ;) I used to like the Twinings. Only chic chip and orange all the cruise? I think your steward/ess must have had a bizarre boxed selection! We bring all our cabin biscuits home (usually a good mix) and are still getting through them a month later!

Thanks

If we order cabin service breakfast we order milk for 2 and it comes in a large jug. We keep it in the fridge. If not I am sure that they will get you some --- think of the ship as a hotel :-)

PS If you don't get the milk at breakfast try ordering cereals for 2 and hot drinks for 2 --- you'll get plenty of milk :-)

Were there still the Twinnings fruit and peppermint choices in the buffet do you know? Or have these changed too?

There were plenty at the end of May / beginning of August. To be honest we hate Twinning's so would be more than happy if they swapped providers. They were all available in the buffet area.

You can order a jug of milk from room service at any time and then keep it in the 'fridge. Ask for full or semi skimmed, a large jug if you want one.

As smj777 says, having just got back from Azura today I ordered a large jug of milk every day from room service to help satisfy my constant coffee drinking, I asked my steward about ordering it and he said it now has to go through room service....there is still no charge ....yet.:)

I always take my own coffee (Kenco) and in future my wife will take her own Twinings Tea as she far prefers it to PG tips.

Can you buy the sachets of Nescafe Cappucino in UK? We always take a couple of boxes on cruises with us. Handy for cabin or buffet. Don't need milk with them.

Yes you can buy a full range of Nescafe Cappuccino's and Kenco Cappuccinos in Morrisons supermarket.

Yes you can buy a full range of Nescafe Cappuccino's and Kenco Cappuccinos in Morrisons supermarket.

Thanks for that. I will get some over there as am in England with a car for a few weeks, precruise on Adonia.:halo:

When we sail out of Southampton we bring on board fresh milk (not UHT). We buy it in single pint sizes to make sure it fits in the fridge but the fridge is not great so will not keep the milk fresh for as long as your fridge at home does.

Given the opportunity we restock the milk during the cruise.

When we sail out of Southampton we bring on board fresh milk (not UHT). We buy it in single pint sizes to make sure it fits in the fridge but the fridge is not great so will not keep the milk fresh for as long as your fridge at home does.

Given the opportunity we restock the milk during the cruise.

Good idea.