5 Night Marvel Cruise - Feb 2018

Zolena

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our son on his first cruise in February 2018. He turns 6 and we leave for the cruise right after his birthday.

This is a 5 night western caribbean cruise leaving from Miami with stops on Castaway Cay and Cozumel. We will be cruising on the Magic.

What does Disney offer as far as celebrating a child's birthday?

I'm a little concerned about cooler temperatures since it will be February. What is your experience?

I would love to hear any advice that will make this cruise awesome for all of us.

Thank you in advance!!!!! :*

We celebrated my daughter's 8th birthday on the Dream. There are packages you can buy on your Disney in stateroom gifts page but they are way expensive. The only benefit to it is that they will put the decorations up for you before you get there. (Or so that's how I understand it) but we brought our own and took our DD to the deck to get an ice cream while one of us stayed behind and decorated the room. I wasn't sure if the room steward was going to take them down out of fire hazard rules, but they never did and it stayed up the entire time, even with the humidity and the balcony door being opened and closed frequently. So that worked out well and much cheaper. We also told our steward. he was super nice. He got her a big bag of popcorn and presented it one afternoon on the bed after he cleaned the room while we were gone. She LOVED that little surprise. We also ordered a cake from the DCL website to present to her in the dining room. They did not allow lit candles but we brought one that had a battery powered light on it, so it didn't really matter. They presented the cake and all sang happy birthday to her. You can also get a button that tells everyone it's your birthday and wear it around the ship. All in all, they did a very good job making sure she felt special the entire trip and we are glad we spent the extra money on the cake. (You're not allowed to bring your own on board). We also planned little gifts for her to open each day of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What you get at no additional charge--a button saying "It's My Birthday" available from Guest Services or your head server. I recommend GS as then the birthday person can wear it all day. A birthday dessert and the dining staff singing HB to the person.

What you can buy--a birthday cake. Various sizes and level of fancy are available. Honestly, unless you are a big group, I don't recommend this. There is cake available all around the ship (cut in pieces) and a big cake will spoil before you can eat it. Room decoration package--these decorations will be put up before you board (not on the appropriate day). Like the cakes, they are costly. You can see the packages on line in advance.

Like the poster above, I once decorated our door while daughter was still asleep. It was great as it was her 13th birthday--I did it in pink and purple, and very "princess-y" It attracted the attention of every little girl on the floor and she got lots of birthday wishes all day long from our young "neighbors."

Temps vary, but we have had a lot more good than bad in February. I always bring one cool weather outfit--we usually wear it on the flight home! Yes, we've had a couple of cooler cruises, but normally it is good for swimming, etc.