Pacific Aria & Sea Princess

We are flying to Australia next month and joining the Pacific Aria for an 18 day cruise. After that we get on the sea princess for a 16 day cruise. My question is how 'formal' are formal nights on both ships? Should my husband pack his dinner suit? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't bother with formal nights on the Aria as P&O have moved away from a traditional style of cruising to a more laid back style with more emphasis on theme nights whilst Princess is more traditional.

With the formal nights on the Sea Princess and we will be boarding the ship in September I am just packing a pair of business shoes business trousers and shirt as well as a tie with M wearing a dress nice dress for these nights. I honestly don't bother with packing a suit although I have seen some passengers dressed to the nines on formal nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info it was very helpful. Are we going to be on the same cruise in September? We're going from Brisbane to Fremantle.

I wouldn't bother with formal nights on the Aria as P&O have moved away from a traditional style of cruising to a more laid back style with more emphasis on theme nights whilst Princess is more traditional.

With the formal nights on the Sea Princess and we will be boarding the ship in September I am just packing a pair of business shoes business trousers and shirt as well as a tie with M wearing a dress nice dress for these nights. I honestly don't bother with packing a suit although I have seen some passengers dressed to the nines on formal nights.

It looks like it we are joining the Sea Princess in Sydney on the 2nd sept. Haven't done a cruise on her yet but we have done quite a few on it's sister the Dawn (now the Pacific Explorer). With the ports on that itinerary we have been to Brisbane, Alotau and Fremantle previously - the other ports we haven't visited before.

We're very much looking forward to this trip

Maybe we'll see you on board. If we don't have a fantastic cruise

It looks like it we are joining the Sea Princess in Sydney on the 2nd sept. Haven't done a cruise on her yet but we have done quite a few on it's sister the Dawn (now the Pacific Explorer). With the ports on that itinerary we have been to Brisbane, Alotau and Fremantle previously - the other ports we haven't visited before.

We're very much looking forward to this trip

Mamgu the only ship ex we are doing on the cruise is the bus to the cultural festival at Alotau and will probably get the shuttle into the town centre and walk back to the ship Alotau is an interesting port. For the rest of the ports we are just going to play it by ear and see what develops.

I've got no doubt we will enjoy this trip as each cruise for us is a new adventure.

Like wise have a great trip.