Clothing question

montereybob

I know that the temperature on the open air decks on a late July Alaska cruise will be coolish. However, in the inside public areas do they keep the ship temperature at a level that most people are comfortable in short sleeve shirts?

Yes, although I suppose it depends on what's comfortable for you. I spent most of our "inside the ship" time (hanging in our room, going to speakers, drinking at the bars) in jeans, sneakers/socks, short-sleeved shirt. Occasionally I wore a half-zip style pull-over sweater too especially if I thought we might go for a walk around the promenade deck or sit outside for a bit. I will say that I noticed a chunk of people wearing more layers than we did. Maybe our hearty New England blood helped us stay warmer than friends from the south. (60 and cloudy sounds like a perfectly fine autumn day to us!)

Have an awesome time!

just returned from cruise tour and this is such a challenging question to answer.

Me and my kids wore shorts, short sleeves and sandals, flip flops. Glacier bay & College Fjord- we put on lightweight jackets and gloves and light weight pants.

Everyones comfortable temp is so different. We had people next to us with winter coats, scarves, heavy gloves. Indoors we saw people with light weight jackets, pants, etc

best to take layers. Land tour was mostly warm- shorts daily. 60-80's