What time will Tender Operations Commence and Cease?

notjaded

We just received word that there has been a change of plans for one of our ports, and instead of docking, we will be tendering. This may cause some complications with our privately arranged tour in terms of our anticipated very early pickup time and our return time. We will be on an overnight in port, and my questions pertain to the second and last day in port:

1. What time would be the earliest that tender operations will commence on the second day?

2. We have been informed that we need to return to the ship one hour before departure: Does this mean that we need to be at the tender one hour before departure?

I called Seabourn about these questions and was basically told that I needed to inquire onboard.

Any insights from experienced Seabournites would be appreciated! Thank you in advane.

I called Seabourn and was told that they could not answer

Depends on the itinerary and port. If you provide the details then I'm sure someone will be able to provide more specific info for you. Also what is your tour pick up time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Newhaven (Edinburgh). 7:30 AM.

Thanks.

Unfortunately this is a question that can only be answered on board particularly in light of the change of port.

There are a number of variables which will affect timings, customs clearance, weather and operational timings.

It wasn't clear from your post but I take it that you have an overnight stay and were asking timings on the fist and last day of that port. I would imagine the tender will run very late. Possibly overnight as crew will want to get ashore after work. Be aware that weather could be more of an issue at night.

If the ship is departing at a certain time all guests will be required onboard probably 30 mins prior and that means on board not getting into a tender. Times including the last tender time will be clearly posted in the daily herald, on your suite TV and by the gangway / tender landing dock.

Remember to take your camera so you can film the ship leaving if you're late.

Henry :)

You seem to be asking about the second day on board - I would be surprised if tenders start before 8 a.m., so if you need to contact your tour operator before boarding the ship originally do think about asking for a later time. If you can wait until aboard, also ask at the Square to be allowed ashore on the first tender, even if this is meant for passengers doing Seabourn tours. I am sure they would arrange that. I hope that you can get in touch with your tour operator once you know what time they can meet you at the pier.

Yes, the last tender to board before leaving will be posted on your daily programme and is likely to leave one hour before departure, so that everyone is on board 30 minutes before.

If you can wait until aboard, also ask at the Square to be allowed ashore on the first tender, even if this is meant for passengers doing Seabourn tours. I am sure they would arrange that.

Thank you for this great suggestion!