Coffee question

mips

I tried searching and couldn't find the answer so sorry if its been asked a million times.

We are new to NCL, we booked a balcony/mini suite on the Pearl. Is there a coffee pot in the cabin? If so what kind of coffee pods do they take? How many do they tend to provide a day and is it powdered creamer they provide with it? DH is fussy about coffee and its a nice perk for him to have it right there rather than going to fetch it or waiting for room service. I'd like to throw some essentials in the suitcase if hes going to be disappointed by whats provided, than listen.

Yes. Last time I was on there it was a 4 cup Mr. Coffee hotel type coffee maker. Provided coffee packets in enclosed filters, like hotels. However, I like to bring my own coffee and some 4 cup filters. Room steward will give you as much coffee as you want though. I think they provided liquid type creamer but I don't use it.

You can always grab some milk or whatever from the buffet to take back to your room. I plan on bringing my own pods as while I am not a coffee snob I just like my coffee and it is not hard to bring along. I also bring my own thermal cup as I like to sit on the balcony in the morning and just enjoy the ocean going by waiting for my wife to wake up.

It's a 4 cup coffee maker and it doesn't take "pods" ... it takes 4 cup pleated filters if you are using loose grounds, or the grounds-in-a-disc type of thing they use. At least on the Jewel it did.

BhzmbSf-EXb30YxB706_XzA6XttVWBcfrKqZ92smTuu0oP8Bew3CHxD8l9BGguSJhJ9vhkmckDrIPwpzTelaKeb7G7PuQa-OF4HDuDCJc81VWs2W6wpKu86WU3YpSHzf8PuOodyGAZMCAFmY_8z2_CuWXMPbWqb3kXzORk9tAQDbPhhWzU7y0NRRMQ0SogqsgHiXZh4gVmnp_9SOskE57Ypx4SeFoeFLQtlzoacMv-xvPkr5GgTPa9ZPj-HCSO8XChQHWh15Ox7K_MkW87nMCEwJYyQFNPGrfp8RcxPg-gas2UXqIi-fkKtj4GvsYCrVfJuM4ACtMpkgOcjmzTDA9d-TkgfwXjnM4ZQczyR8YlkPZK8DZG5Ziin6Pre6NuWucfTFJYe5Ti96YyqTsREw0027y01ciaBJR_B4uaZwVpSJCiHY86IcPBay6ywhkxJDYjToxP3iClKFYTwoAI7o_aqgZK8pczVdJCjewEoDhYOD7i_wOHQmDG6aXcntu7OJniP7nWhoWisoKmg1gDYvePAF2vhkzc6RVPxR5pXzS8sq2Vso7XVH0b_Cqqt9vXsKI5JUX2Sx6he4vk1VDSlCNG83Nirb5shm96uh5qf8FDELEGHkMJFc8GkB=w1565-h880-no

I think NCL has a disc-style coffee filter with grounds inside of it that you can see on the left. I think the pleated filters like this would work too:

1200px-Coffee-filter.jpg

After you have made your in cabin coffee you can also order a complimentary Continental Breakfast

with more coffee and maybe a Danish or two. No room service charge for the CB.

So you can make your own coffee to get started and recharge with the room service and that should

just about overload your caffeine intake - Oh you can order de-caf if that is what you need.

I realize that this thread is regarding coffee makers on the Pearl, but felt the need to add that the mid-ship balcony cabins on the Sky do not have a coffee maker. I did make use of the "no charge" room service for my coffee fix. Just surprised (and disappointed) that coffee maker was not available.

You might consider ordering room service, or getting your coffee at the buffet. There is a tag you put on the door the night before to order room service. Personally, we get our coffee from the coffee maker that looks similar to an espresso machine. The coffee that is provided in the cabin is not good at all. :(

We were on the jade in Jan. I was in an inside room which did not have a coffee maker but a family member had a balcony and her room did have a coffee maker. I believe it used single serve pods but since I didn't use it I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a 4 cup coffee maker and it doesn't take "pods" ... it takes 4 cup pleated filters if you are using loose grounds, or the grounds-in-a-disc type of thing they use. At least on the Jewel it did.

BhzmbSf-EXb30YxB706_XzA6XttVWBcfrKqZ92smTuu0oP8Bew3CHxD8l9BGguSJhJ9vhkmckDrIPwpzTelaKeb7G7PuQa-OF4HDuDCJc81VWs2W6wpKu86WU3YpSHzf8PuOodyGAZMCAFmY_8z2_CuWXMPbWqb3kXzORk9tAQDbPhhWzU7y0NRRMQ0SogqsgHiXZh4gVmnp_9SOskE57Ypx4SeFoeFLQtlzoacMv-xvPkr5GgTPa9ZPj-HCSO8XChQHWh15Ox7K_MkW87nMCEwJYyQFNPGrfp8RcxPg-gas2UXqIi-fkKtj4GvsYCrVfJuM4ACtMpkgOcjmzTDA9d-TkgfwXjnM4ZQczyR8YlkPZK8DZG5Ziin6Pre6NuWucfTFJYe5Ti96YyqTsREw0027y01ciaBJR_B4uaZwVpSJCiHY86IcPBay6ywhkxJDYjToxP3iClKFYTwoAI7o_aqgZK8pczVdJCjewEoDhYOD7i_wOHQmDG6aXcntu7OJniP7nWhoWisoKmg1gDYvePAF2vhkzc6RVPxR5pXzS8sq2Vso7XVH0b_Cqqt9vXsKI5JUX2Sx6he4vk1VDSlCNG83Nirb5shm96uh5qf8FDELEGHkMJFc8GkB=w1565-h880-no

I think NCL has a disc-style coffee filter with grounds inside of it that you can see on the left. I think the pleated filters like this would work too:

1200px-Coffee-filter.jpg

Please Do Not use loose ground's as All trash must be Hand sorted.

Loose ground's make it harder for the crew.:(

NCL seemed to be replacing older 4-cup with newer 1cup, single-serv using flat pods, "CLS" was the brand we saw on the GEM - with a small 6 oz. cup. We pack our cups and bring our own flow-on filter coffee. On road trips, we bring the other ones to cover our bases, just not on cruises.

Room steward will provide as much coffee pods as wished, just ask.

22bd096ac3f5aff4d90942203068fb5e.jpg

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

NCL seemed to be replacing older 4-cup with newer 1cup, single-serv using flat pods, "CLS" was the brand we saw on the GEM - with a small 6 oz. cup.

on AT&T 4G, T-Mo/Project Fi or WiFi via Blu R1HD w Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Epic did the same after her refurb. As a "tea" thread was just discussing, the water does get quite hot enough for tea or coffee (unlike the previous pots). We carry our kcup manual brewer just for the first cup in the morning. Sometimes I'll just run to OSheehan's for a thermos of hot water.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk