Favorite Drinks

SpaceGirl

I started a favorite food thread (and if you want to add to it, what your favorite dishes are, it should be on this first page, titled "Favorite Dishes"). Anyway, I'm pretty much just a water drinker, with the exception of a cup of morning caffeine (coffee or chai), and the occasional cocktail. What alcoholic drinks do you recommend on board (Ruby)? I'm not a huge fan of beer and wine, so I'm looking mostly for cocktail suggestions, though I wouldn't mind a wine suggestion if it's on the sweet side. I find most to be bitter, but I have liked a few dessert wines in the past. Mai Tai is one of my favorites.

Any particular flavor?

My favourite martinis are the London Lemonade (tastes like its namesake -- but not too sweet. Very yummy!) and the Chairman of the Board (very strong!).

Also, your ship has the best bar at sea, Adagio, up on Deck 16 next to Sabatini's. Definitely head up there at least once and try a Citrus Bellini. You can only get it in Adagio, and it is absolutely delicious. multiquote_off.gif

My favourite martinis are the London Lemonade (tastes like its namesake -- but not too sweet. Very yummy!) and the Chairman of the Board (very strong!).

Also, your ship has the best bar at sea, Adagio, up on Deck 16 next to Sabatini's. Definitely head up there at least once and try a Citrus Bellini. You can only get it in Adagio, and it is absolutely delicious. multiquote_off.gif

I know we can get champagne and wine with dinner, but can we order cocktails with dinner, too? Or are cocktails only available in the bars?

I know we can get champagne and wine with dinner, but can we order cocktails with dinner, too? Or are cocktails only available in the bars?

Yes, you can order cocktails with dinner, too. Me, though, I generally order in a bar on my way and then carry it in with me. The reason is that the waiter(s) are busy handing out menus and taking food orders at first, so I don't have to wait and I have it in hand already.

We usually like a Chairman of the Board or a Rob Roy in the PES lounge, although it seems those may have been eliminated from the menu -- (I know, I know, we can still order them at regular price).

El Mejor Margarita. :hearteyes:

That too.

Yes, you can order cocktails with dinner, too. Me, though, I generally order in a bar on my way and then carry it in with me. The reason is that the waiter(s) are busy handing out menus and taking food orders at first, so I don't have to wait and I have it in hand already.

When you buy something on the ship that costs extra (cocktail, dinner at a specialty restaurant, etc.), does it automatically get charged back to the room, or can you pay credit card there?

When you buy something on the ship that costs extra (cocktail, dinner at a specialty restaurant, etc.), does it automatically get charged back to the room, or can you pay credit card there?

Charged to ship account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love a good gin (Bombay sapphire or Hendricks) martini (or 2) straight up with olives before dinner. Or, I love a good manhattan! If I'm having a good cut of beef I usually will order a glass of a decent Cabernet. With dessert I will usually have a glass of Cognac and end the evening with a cappuccino. There really is food with all of that! :')

Why? It's much easier because you don't have to worry about carrying around anything but room card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because my travel companion signed up for the cruise, it's his card that's attached to our room. Instead of putting everything I buy on my card and paying it off at my leisure, I have to write him a check for it at all once, when he gets his credit card statement.