New here; have a question about Cape Liberty/Bayonne regarding van wheelchair access

nittfan

Hello. My husband and I are departing from Bayonne/Cape Liberty in August on the Celebrity Summit. I have read the capeliberty.com website and still do not have the answer I seek. Are the vans/shuttles that take you to the ship wheelchair accessible?

I read that the terminal opens @ 10:30 a.m., but I need to know if the vans are w/c accessible, what the cost is for the shuttle service, & do I purchase the shuttle tickets at the terminal?

TY to anyone who can answer these questions.

I don't think they use buses to get you from the terminal any longer, so it's probably a non-issue. But if vehicles are involved I would imagine they are accessible as ADA applies in NJ. Ask here at East Coast Departures if you are in doubt - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Now, non US ports are another story.

Thank you both for your replies. So, once I park, the terminal is supposedly about 750 feet from the parking area (I read that somewhere) and then the terminal is essentially attached to the gangway to the ship dock? (138east ... "The new terminal has an elevator you can use to get up to the start of the gangway"). Sorry to be such a doofus;p

Thank you both for your replies. So, once I park, the terminal is supposedly about 750 feet from the parking area (I read that somewhere) and then the terminal is essentially attached to the gangway to the ship dock? (138east ... "The new terminal has an elevator you can use to get up to the start of the gangway"). Sorry to be such a doofus;p

That is correct. My husband drops us off at the front doors with our luggage and goes to park the car in the garage a few feet away. Check in....go thru the scanners.....and there are elevators to bring handicapped people to the gangway. Easy peasy. No more shuttles!