Fresh Brewed Iced Tea - Carnival Dream

I'm going to sound very Southern right now. We're taking cold brew tea bags of our favorite brand & a 2 qt. Rubbermaid pitcher. Plan to sweeten it w a splash of hot water & sugar. My hubs drinks a ton of sweet tea.

I'm going to sound very Southern right now. We're taking cold brew tea bags of our favorite brand & a 2 qt. Rubbermaid pitcher. Plan to sweeten it w a splash of hot water & sugar. My hubs drinks a ton of sweet tea.

Lucy, what a great idea! I also miss my fresh brewed tea when cruising. None of the tea on the ship is good. Now, I am thinking I need a small pitcher to take with me so I can have my tea. Would prefer it to drinking Diet Coke. Most of the time I drink water, but want something different and the two options I like are tea and DC. Would rather take a small pitcher and some tea bags than drag along a 12 pack of DC's.

I don't like sweet tea at all but this sounds like a great plan! Maybe I'll do just that!

For those of you who are doing the cold brew, are you going to go up to Lido to fill your thing up with cold water? My mom only drinks sweet tea and I don't like tea, so I'm not able to tell her how the tea onboard is. I figure I might have her bring some cold brew Lipton bags just in case.

The tea on the ships is NASTY. We bring my Yeti, fill it with hot water from the dispenser on Lido, and "brew" our own iced tea using the Lipton bags also on Lido. It still tastes a little off due to the ship water, but it's leaps and bounds better than anything in the tea dispensers or the MDR.

How about those plastic bottles of Pure Leaf or Gold Peak? Can we bring those onboard? They're not cans.

I prefer brewed, but what's person from the South supposed to live on for a week?! ;p

You can't take bottles on board any more. They do have bottles of the brand Honest Tea for purchase at the Coffee Shop. If you have Cheers it is included, but otherwise I think it's $3.50. I've never had it so I don't know how good it is.

How about those plastic bottles of Pure Leaf or Gold Peak? Can we bring those onboard? They're not cans.

I prefer brewed, but what's person from the South supposed to live on for a week?! ;p

Make your own tea, honey!

Brew it in a cup on the lido, heap in as much "suga" as you need, and pour over ice. Lemons are there if you want that too.

Don't even taste the stuff from the dispenser - let me spare you that agony. I can choke it down as an Arnold Palmer tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curious

Need instructions on the Cold Brew process. Is it quicker than brewing tea then dumping it over ice cubes? In a few minutes I have cold iced tea.

No bottles are allowed.

Curious

Need instructions on the Cold Brew process. Is it quicker than brewing tea then dumping it over ice cubes? In a few minutes I have cold iced tea.

I grew up on southern tea and think cold brew is yuck. But that is just me - has a funny taste to it. Personally if I am making brew tea I prefer Luzianne but I can handle the Lipton.

Curious

I don't think so but brewing hot tea and pouring over ice weakens the strength considerably. To avoid this I always pack an empty one quart plastic Rubbermaid type container in my checked luggage and pack my own tea bags. As soon as practical I unpack the plastic container, add 5-6 tea bags, fill with bottled water that's been delivered to the room and then place the container in a bed of ice in my soft side collapsible cooler. Within an hour or so I have a cold brew at a strength I enjoy. I bring enough tea bags to replenish along the way throughout the cruise.

I hope this is helpful to you, we iced tea drinkers can be purists :)

I grew up on southern tea and think cold brew is yuck. But that is just me - has a funny taste to it. Personally if I am making brew tea I prefer Luzianne but I can handle the Lipton.

Right, to each their own. I grew up in Va. Beach and summers were spent at Sandbridge and no one in our family of 8 liked sweet tea. It's all good, we are after all from the Commonwealth of Virginia ;)

Right, to each their own. I grew up in Va. Beach and summers were spent at Sandbridge and no one in our family of 8 liked sweet tea. It's all good, we are after all from the Commonwealth of Virginia ;)

I don't drink it with sugar anymore...'cause it's not good for me! But it wasn't til I started traveling north that I had no idea people didn't know how to make "tea" and you had to say "sweet tea" or heaven forbid add your own sugar which doesn't dissolve - again yuck - to get the correct beverage!

I don't think so but brewing hot tea and pouring over ice weakens the strength considerably. To avoid this I always pack an empty one quart plastic Rubbermaid type container in my checked luggage and pack my own tea bags. As soon as practical I unpack the plastic container, add 5-6 tea bags, fill with bottled water that's been delivered to the room and then place the container in a bed of ice in my soft side collapsible cooler. Within an hour or so I have a cold brew at a strength I enjoy. I bring enough tea bags to replenish along the way throughout the cruise.

I hope this is helpful to you, we iced tea drinkers can be purists :)

Thanks.

We make sun tea and refrigerator tea (like sun tea but placed in fridge over night)

Onboard I simply brew two or three tea bags strong, them dump over ice.