Looks like misbehaving kids aren't only on Carnival

It appears Carnival isn't alone in kids doing things they aren't supposed to (referring to the former video of the kid hanging off the Liberty).

Just saw this. He is lucky he didn't injure himself or others! What's even dumber is that he vlogs the whole thing himself. It's pretty obvious who they are and I hope they get banned.

https://cruiseradio.net/kid-jumps-cruise-deck-railing-pool/

The full blame goes to the parents who think it's ok to leave the kids alone all day and night, then when something happens they want to sue the cruise line.

We don't know if the parents left them alone all day and night so I can not agree with the full blame goes to the parents. However I will agree with the lawsuit part.

When you were young did you not EVER do anything stupid ? I don't mean as stupid as this but I do believe that we ALL did something stupid at one time. :eek:

They do this on Carnival as well. Twenty something year old doing a backflip from deck eleven down to Lido. Kids swimming in the pool and the parents raised holy hell.

What do you expect when you have a generation of kids who watched people like the "Jack.ass" crew become rich & famous for making fools of themselves and doing ridiculously stupid "stunts." Then comes countless YouTubers who do stupid crap and, in the eyes of today's youth, are just as famous as a typical celebrity in Hollywood. The first thing I thought of when I saw this video was that it looks very similar to the guy who goes around jumping off of rooftops into hotel pools. Who knows, maybe that's where this kid got the idea. Social media has rewired the human brain to make everyone feel like everything they do & say is important and has caused people to crave views, "likes," and comments like they're hooked on crack. They put way too much value in virtual recognition & praise from usernames on a screen.

The full blame goes to the parents who think it's ok to leave the kids alone all day and night, then when something happens they want to sue the cruise line.
No, the full blame does not go to the parents. While I do often tell people, "It always starts at home," I also recognize when people are capable of taking responsibility for their own actions. This kid is old enough to understand what he's doing is wrong, against the rules, and dangerous. Both he and his parents need to be held accountable.

What do you expect when you have a generation of kids who watched people like the "Jack.ass" crew become rich & famous for making fools of themselves and doing ridiculously stupid "stunts." Then comes countless YouTubers who do stupid crap and, in the eyes of today's youth, are just as famous as a typical celebrity in Hollywood. The first thing I thought of when I saw this video was that it looks very similar to the guy who goes around jumping off of rooftops into hotel pools. Who knows, maybe that's where this kid got the idea. Social media has rewired the human brain to make everyone feel like everything they do & say is important and has caused people to crave views, "likes," and comments like they're hooked on crack. They put way too much value in virtual recognition & praise from usernames on a screen.

No, the full blame does not go to the parents. While I do often tell people, "It always starts at home," I also recognize when people are capable of taking responsibility for their own actions. This kid is old enough to understand what he's doing is wrong, against the rules, and dangerous. Both he and his parents need to be held accountable.

Excellent statement and so true

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

It never fails to amaze me how people video and post everything these days. His name is even on the video. He took the time to put music to it!! Luckily, no one was hurt - the jumper or the people in the pool below. I guarantee that if he had broken his legs upon landing in the pool, there would have been a lawsuit. I only hope these kids AND THEIR FAMILY are banned from cruising in the future. This video should be sent to all the cruiselines, and the family should be blacklisted.

I would like to hear a response from Princess and/or Carnival Corporate. These kids and their parents are easily identifiable. Well publicized and harsh action should be taken against them, in the hopes of preventing the group of kids from trying to top this idiocy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Should state next group of kids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Well said. Wish Carnival would have curfews or portions of the ship they can't go to after a certain time.

The title of this thread is VERY true bcs the absolute worst that I've ever seen as far as out of control kids was on Allure of the seas. And a lot of that was with parents standing right there. It is shocking to me sometimes how so many parents don't even seem to care and ofc that teaches the kids to not care. Yes I also put a huge part of the blame on the wasteland of TV, youtube and social media as well as all of the increasing 'entitlement' insanity that encourages not only out of control kids but even parents that should be teaching kids social responsibility instead of so much brainless self centered 'look at me look at me look at me.'

I may be going overboard with all of that but it's what this kind of idiotic 3 year old behavior leads me to.

Griff and OC I agree with you to a point but I believe that learning social responsibility and thinking about consequences needs to start being taught at a very young age. No one is perfect but when thoughfulness and self discipline are not strongly encouraged to begin with in very young minds then it can certainly carry through into the future in more thoughtless, radical and dangerous behavior.

Sorry for the long rant :o

Edited by cruziJenn

Griff and OC I agree with you to a point but I believe that learning social responsibility and thinking about consequences needs to start being taught at a very young age. No one is perfect but when thoughfulness and self discipline are not strongly encouraged to begin with in very young minds then it can certainly carry through into the future in more thoughtless, radical and dangerous behavior.

No argument with your statement. My parents taught my brothers and myself all of the above but we still managed to do some stupid things. Not as stupid as this though.

I believe things started to change when society changed to the " don't do that Johnny " without giving repercussions. Now it seems that if they misbehave in school or else ware all the discipline is gone. I hope I worded this write.

No argument with your statement. My parents taught my brothers and myself all of the above but we still managed to do some stupid things. Not as stupid as this though.

I believe things started to change when society changed to the " don't do that Johnny " without giving repercussions. Now it seems that if they misbehave in school or else ware all the discipline is gone. I hope I worded this write.

Lets face it, years ago, if a child was disciplined (I am not talking hit, I am speaking of being verbally disciplined by the teacher. Now smacking across the knuckles with a ruler was not out unheard of in some schools) by a teacher and got sent home with a note, The childs parents would discipline the child even harder....Today, if the little snowflake goes home and tells mommy or daddy the teacher yelled at him, the parents have the schoolboard on the phone the next day screaming for the teacher to be fired and threatens to sue the school district. It has turned into a "not my child, he/she wouldn't do that. It has to be the fault of the school". Kids are smart, they know they can get away with stuff. If the cruiseline happened to see this vlog (all big companies have a department monitoring social media nowadays) the entire family should have been put off the ship at the next port. I guarantee you, if his parents took him on another cruise, he wouldn't even think of doing something like this again. Once the press got out that a family was booted off the ship for doing this, another little snowflake would think twice about doing this. Now some people will explain it away with "Oh, he is just being a kid" :rolleyes:....There is a HUGE difference in pressing all the elevator buttons or knocking on a cabin door in the middle of the night for a laugh and doing what this kid did

This goes way beyond just doing something stupid. These kids, both of them, planned the whole thing well in advance and knew better. This isn't some hasty decision without thought to do something crazy and quick turn the cell phone camera on.

It's also not all about unsupervised kids. They were old enough to not need 24/7 supervision. They zoomed in on the rules explicity saying not to do it. These kids, and I blame them both equally, knew what they were doing. And who knows what the parents reactions will be. If I had to guess, maybe jr. will lose access to some of his expensive toys such as that go pro he used to videotape the whole thing. Or perhaps a stern talking to which they will be eye rolling and laughing inside the whole time. Looks like a true definition of brats who are used to doing things with no serious consequences. I'm sorry but kids cruise everyday and sometimes they misbehave. This is way beyond that. Once the parents finish going bezerk to the ship staff as they try and blame everyone else, they should all be banned. The kids and the parents.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Of course he is, the clip even highlights the "do not" sign - I'm another who truly hopes the family is banned from all of the cruise lines.