Manhattan Cruise Port

Cheryl0971

It's my first time taking a cruise in December out of New York? Im from northeast Philadelphia and wanted to know the best way to get to the cruise port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm from Fort Washington

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fort+Washington,+PA/Manhattan+Cruise+Terminal,+12th+Avenue,+New+York,+NY/@40.3659222,-75.1723876,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c6bae5d792c431:0x708af9dceadc07e6!2m2!1d-75.1926937!2d40.1416782!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25a151b7d5b8b:0x33e7db2f6f3ab119!2m2!1d-73.9967244!2d40.7676787

What about parking? Is it cheaper to get a shuttle or use the train?

Check out the Amtrak site for train prices. Check out the link that Cole provided. Lots of good info on parking and shuttles. Google "Manhattan Cruise Terminal Parking" for weekly rates.

Depending on how many in your party, taking a bus can be an affordable option compared to parking at the port, which is $40 per day. I've taken Bolt Bus (approx. $30pp r/t from Cherry Hill NJ, but they also leave out of Center City), and I know Greyhound and MegaBus go to NYC as well.

What about parking? Is it cheaper to get a shuttle or use the train?

As mentioned above, check out the EAST COAST departures board. You will get input from others from ALL the different cruiselines, not just NCL.

The deciding factor in my opinion is your luggage and handling it. Taking amtrak still means you need to park either in center city or Trenton both will add to your total. Then the cab to the pier. Also remember that there is construction on the tracks at Penn Station causing delays. I was going to use a shuttle service until I found out that unless they have a full van you may be stopping at newark airpory in one direction or another. Just remember by parking yourself you could be home before you leave nyc by another means.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

If you're in Northeast Philly, you are not far from Mount Laurel, NJ. Right on Route 73 at Fellowship Road is the Greyhound terminal where you park for free in a secure parking lot. The cost for round trip is $34. Put your luggage in bottom of bus and sit back for your easy commute. The 5 - 10 minute cab ride from Port Authority bus terminal to cruise terminal is under $10 for the entire cab. We did it November '15 and plan on going that way this October. Check to see if there is a Greyhound terminal closer to you but do consider if there is a free place that's safe for your car.

We just returned from the Breakaway and we live in Philly. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ and left our car there for the week. The ctuise and stay package included a private luxury car that took us to the port and picked us up when we returned. The package included a very nice warm breakfast buffet. Theres an indoor pool and a gym. Highly recommend this place. Only 15 minute drive to the port. Your other option coyld be Daves Best Limo service.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Is this coupon recent?
The undated (valid for NCL Gem only) 25% discount coupon has no expiration date, and issued in mid/late 2016 by the terminal's parking operator - based on the 2016 parking rate, remaining at the same flat rate, up till now. The coupon is still being honored for Gem passengers sailing on the ship, no reports to the contrary (yet) - as it's being passed along from Roll Call to Roll Call.

If sailing lating this Fall/early Winter or in 2018, I would strongly suggest checking back - with the upcoming Roll Calls then and/or in the East Coast subforum, as well as here about "current" posts and/or update, if and should anything changed.

I am quite surprised that it remained valid as previous coupons for the Gem typically expired after a specific time period and were renewed for a new set of dates. Someone will come along & ask, answer is no about recent success in attempting to use it for the Breakaway or other ships docked at MCT.

Pier parking is the most convenient option. For a 7 day cruise, it would be $280, or about $93 pp. plus tolls and gas. I would use that the cost to compare to the other bus and limo options.

If you can use the Gem coupon, cost to compare would be $210, or $70 pp, plus tolls and gas.