Need to cancel someone from my cabin

daniella1279

Looks like my step son won't be able to travel with us. We are currently 118 days out and we have a regular balcony. If I don't want to forfeit any money when do I need to cancel him by? Is it 76-89's day before our departure?

Thanks

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like my step son won't be able to travel with us. We are currently 118 days out and we have a regular balcony. If I don't want to forfeit any money when do I need to cancel him by? Is it 76-89's day before our departure?

Thanks

Danielle

There is no Cancellation fee for guest 3-8 if cancelled outside of the 100% cancellation period. If the reservation is cancelled within the 100% cancellation period then the applicable cancellation fee will apply for guest 3-8.

Depends on when you booked, how many people in cabin, what type of cabin. Lots of variables. Your cancellation policy for your cruise should be on your confirmation documents.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Thanks for your input. My step-son would be guest 4 in a regular balcony. We booked in April for a thanksgiving cruise. Today we are 113 days out. I think our final payment is @ 8/13.

Thanks giving cruise at 118 days out looks like we will lose 25%.

Shoot

I don't think so. He's 4th in room. You are outside the 100% cancellation period - even for a Haven cabin so you should get his whole fare back.

I don't think so. He's 4th in room. You are outside the 100% cancellation period - even for a Haven cabin so you should get his whole fare back.

Oh ok so as long as I cancel before 55 days before sailing I will get his whole fare back? I wouldn't be doing that. We told him he has another week or 2 to decide so we definitely will cancel him before final payment.

Thanks for your help!

Danielle

Looks like my step son won't be able to travel with us. We are currently 118 days out and we have a regular balcony. If I don't want to forfeit any money when do I need to cancel him by? Is it 76-89's day before our departure? ...

You might want to read that policy a bit closer. I think it would be 90 days (holiday and suites are longer).

Also, look close at fees for 4th person. Usually a bit low, and some portions are always refundable (port fees,taxes).

AND - if you are not due for FINAL PAYMENT.. you can cancel with no fees.

I'd give him 1 week...then cancel...He's losing out on a great time!

I agree! It would have been nice but he just started a full time job and will be starting his 2nd year of college.

Danielle

Where did you find anything that shows that?

On the chart from the link say 100% at 55 days from sailing. I could be reading that thing completely wrong. I am planning on calling NCL today.

On the chart from the link say 100% at 55 days from sailing. I could be reading that thing completely wrong. I am planning on calling NCL today.

Yes, you are reading it wrong. That 100% at 55 days is the PENALTY. They charge you 100% of the fare - meaning no refund. To better understand the logic... look at the penalty for each different number of days. The closer you get to cruise time, the more the penalty.

Look at each different date BEFORE you call.

Yes, you are reading it wrong. That 100% at 55 days is the PENALTY. They charge you 100% of the fare - meaning no refund. To better understand the logic... look at the penalty for each different number of days. The closer you get to cruise time, the more the penalty.

Thank you

There is no penalty for 3rd-8th passengers outside the 100% cancellation period. The OP is cancelling the 4th person from cabin.

Just to clarify from the NCL Cancel Page linked above. (the OP is well outside of any cancel issues at this time anyways)

Cancellation Fee For

3-8 GUESTS

There is no Cancellation fee for guest 3-8 if cancelled outside of the 100% cancellation period. If the reservation is cancelled within the 100% cancellation period then the applicable cancellation fee will apply for guest 3-8.

Just to clarify from the NCL Cancel Page linked above. (the OP is well outside of any cancel issues at this time anyways)

Cancellation Fee For

3-8 GUESTS

I'm glad this was posted because I just booked for next April and I was having the same question. I have 4 of us in a 2 bedroom family suite on the Dawn and the 4th might not be going now. I want to make sure I'm in plenty of time. My travel agent said there is a $100 cancellation fee but I believe that's only if the whole reservation is cancelled not just one person.