Has anyone done Lip Sync Battle on any Carnival Cruise yet?

Quick background- my fiance and I love watching Lip Sync Battle, and when we started considering our cruise I looked at the onboard activities and found that they were going to offer actual competitive Lip Sync Battles!

The one thing I can't really wrap my head around is how they are conducted. Do we start on day one of the cruise and compete tournament style? Are we expected to come in with a list of songs to perform? Am I going to miss a battle if I get off the ship?

Can anyone give me a basic rundown of the activity? It would be much appreciated!

I didn't participate in it, but I was on the Dream for it's second week that it was going on.

They have an audition on the first sea day on lido deck. They select one guy and one girl at that time.

Midway through the cruise, they had the first "battle" in the atrium, and also did a photo shoot of the contestants.

The final night of the cruise they had the final battle in the theater. The two contestants performed with the playlist productions dancers doing backup.

I wrote a little bit about it in my semi-live review, which is listed in my signature.

• 2 years later...

Starts on the Lido deck on first sea day and you have to choose from a list of songs I think.  If not, people are just picking the same songs each cruise. They pick like 3 guys and 3 girls from that first round.  They will let you know when the next round is if you make it. It won't be during port time. They work it down to one guy vs one girl for the final in the big theater. It's usually a fun show.

My sister in-law did it last year and got picked the first sea day. There were a few events they asked her to do throughout the course of the week to hype the final event. Overall we had a good time showing up to here events and creaming. She lost the final but still a lot of fun. 

We watched it last year. We saw the auditions on Lido, missed the 2nd round in the atrium, and watched the final battle on the last night. Some time after the cruise, I watched a video on YouTube from a different cruise and those two contestants performed the exact same songs in their final battle as the two we saw. It seems like the Playlist Production performers have all of them do the same songs, or maybe choose from a short list of songs. That disappointed me because I'd much rather see the contestants perform the songs they want, but I guess Carnival does it that way to make it easier to practice.

A family member has done it 3 times, so I got a scoop of the ins and outs.

The whole thing changes from ship to ship and from lipsynch wrangler (host) to lsb wrangler. 

It is only available from 7 day cruises onwards.

You do audition and compete against other guests they choose 1 guy, 1 lady 18+

The “commitments” after being selected after audition are:

* A quick photoshoot

* mini battle with 2 small pieces of songs (you don’t pick this songs) 

* Televised show transmitted to cabins (unless their schedule doesn’t permit it)

* Rehearsal with costume fitting (costumes go from s/m to XL usually)

* main show (you do 2 songs, one pick from a big book supplied by them with lots of choices (round 1) and another pick from 3 song options (those are the ones that involve the costume)

The commitments never happen when the ship is docked.

The commitments change from day to day in different ships but they will give you a schedule.

Both contestants get the same “prices” which are just courtesy details like a bottle of wine and other things depending again on availability. It’s more the experience of performing on usually the closing show of the cruise what they give (getting to meet the dancers, see the backstage and dressing room and how they operate a show) 

Hopefully this was useful.