Luggage tags w/guaranteed room

lindasuej

we leave on our Alaska cruise/tour on Monday. Our room is yet to be assigned. We do the land portion first. We are suppose to separate what we won't need for the cruise portion in aseparate suitcase as they will take it from us and we won't see it until the ship. I am a little nervous as we won't have a cabin number on our luggage tag. Has this happened to anyone else?

we leave on our Alaska cruise/tour on Monday. Our room is yet to be assigned. We do the land portion first. We are suppose to separate what we won't need for the cruise portion in aseparate suitcase as they will take it from us and we won't see it until the ship. I am a little nervous as we won't have a cabin number on our luggage tag. Has this happened to anyone else?

It does happen.

Porters have luggage tags and a list.

No big deal. :)

Keep checking the personalizer for your cabin assignment.

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

It does happen.

Porters have luggage tags and a list.

No big deal. :)

Keep checking the personalizer for your cabin assignment.

A GTY......Usually can be/assigned sometime/anytime up to a day or 2 before your cruise. Very rarely assigned at the pier. You can access bag tags/travel summary on the Princess cruise personalizer on the Princess website up to sailing day. The cabin assignment will be noted there.

Sometimes people think it was assigned at the pier but had they checked the personalizer the night before their cruise they may have seen the cabin assignment at that time. Hope this makes sense.

The "meet me at the ship" bags truly meet them at the ship outside their cabin so there is no porter to get tags from.

OP call Princess on Friday and ask if you have an assigned cabin yet and if not how you should tag your meet me at the ship bags.

We did not get our cabin assignment on the Sapphire Princess until after we were in Fairbanks. I just took a couple of blank luggage tags to have ready for that circumstance. If we did not receive the cabin assignment in time, we were prepared to let Princess deliver the piece of luggage we intended to send to the ship each afternoon as we moved from lodge to lodge. I did not want to risk it going ahead without a cabin number, although it's probably something they could cope with.

Normally you are advised your cabin number before arriving at the quayside. Labels are often available dockside. In a worst case scenario mark your cases with voyage number and your mobile phone number. My understanding of what they do with luggage without cabin numbers indicated on it go in a standard place on the ship which is part of their system, so when you go to reception and explain you dropped unmarked bags they know where they are and things can be sorted out. It very rarely comes to this stage.

Regards John

Not a problem.... You can still print out the luggage tags and put them on your luggage. They have all the information that Princess needs (your mane and cruise) to make sure they get to the right place. They will probably have the information and write it on your tags when you check in.