Denali wild tundra tour. When do you eat?

lindasuej

We will be on our cruise tour next week. We leave Fairbanks and travel to Wilderness lodge. We should be there between 1-2. Our tour starts between 2-3. We should be back around 10-11. When do we eat as the restaurants will be closed. Hubby is a diabetic and must eat. Is there a place in the lodge we can get sandwiches to take on the tour with us?

If you are on the Tundra tour, they usually send a boxed lunch along. It shouldn't matter what time it leaves the lodge. However, there is a take out coffee and snacks bar area, along with a shop in the main building that has other offerings.

We had time to get sandwiches from the coffee shop across the street before we did the Tundra Wilderness Tour. The boxed snack isn't much. I had brought individual packs of trail mix and granola bars with us to supplement it (and for snacks along the way on other stops). We got back in time to eat at the Grizzly Bar & Grill. (Its hours are listed as open until 11 p.m. for food and midnight for the bar.)

I agree about picking up a Subway sandwich to bring on the tour. DH and I split one and some chips. The box lunch was nothing that either of us cared for and he watches his sodium and everything was very salty. We had a group and they were all thankful I had given them the suggestion to bring a sandwich.

There's also a Subway and other food shops across the main road. I'd get a sub or two, and save them.

I do not think lindasue has the time available to go to the Subway between arriving and the start of the tour.

We will be on our cruise tour next week. We leave Fairbanks and travel to Wilderness lodge. We should be there between 1-2. Our tour starts between 2-3.

I suggest either get something (that will not spoil) from the Fairbanks lodge before the ride to Denali or bring some snacks from home to take with you on the tour.

Arriving between 1-2 means that is when the bus gets there. You still have to get to your room to drop off carryons and then back to where the tour starts.