Final payment extension

avenger71

Our final payment is due today - been trying to pay the balance since yesterday online and it won't go through. Called Carnival yesterday and the woman said she couldn't even process it, to try again later which I've done maybe 6 times on different computers! So I guess I'll call again later today!

Our final payment is due today - been trying to pay the balance since yesterday online and it won't go through. Called Carnival yesterday and the woman said she couldn't even process it, to try again later which I've done maybe 6 times on different computers! So I guess I'll call again later today!

YIKES! Good luck!!

Yes. They will extend the date.

I called on our last cruise and they extended the final payment due date for me. I think, if I'm remembering correctly, it was just 2-3 days.

Just call customer service and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have read here and on other social media sites that with a phone call you can usually get a 3 day extension. One lady reported she got a 3 day and then called back and got another 3 day extension but never answered when asked when that occurred.

Best of luck

Does anyone know if Carnival ever offers an extension to the final payment date? I am just curious, it's down to crunch time and money is tight right now.

They do sometimes, but it will usually depend on a couple of things. The first is how much has already been paid on the booking. If you are close to paying it off, they will be more likely to extend the due date. They also ask you the reason you need it extended. They are more likely to extend the booking if there is a good reason why you can't make the original due date. I wouldn't expect them to extend it more than a week or so.

Does anyone know if Carnival ever offers an extension to the final payment date? I am just curious, it's down to crunch time and money is tight right now.

Depends on your reason. You can always escalate to a supervisor if not granted on your first call.

Did you book it directly with Carnival or with a TA? Most TAs tell clients the due date is several days before the actual due date so there is a buffer in case something happens. Call your TA or Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing in 5 days, and for this cruise I had to get an extension due having issues using my Bank Card online. The online payment actually declined my payment due to a zip code error.

Because of that, I could not try the payment again with the same card for 3 days. Was given an extension and it happen again. This time I called and ask to talk to a supervisor, they didn't want to transfer me but after a little struggle they did. Got another 3 days and used a differnet card when that didn't work again.

Online payment will reject your card for some reason and won't let you use again for 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Please do report back what the cruise line says when you ask them, so folks facing the same issue as you in the future have some idea what they may expect.

Don't know if this will help - but for all those who are having trouble with online payments with credit/debit cards you can always go buy a carnival gift card at the grocery for the balance due and then apply that through the website.

Well, I called. They will not grant an extension but, if I heard correctly, there is a 48 hour grace period after the due date that is automatic.

I wouldn't trust the "grace period", that is cutting it way to close for me

Grace period??? After due date??? Wouldn't trust that statement and if you really want the exact cabin and the rate you originally booked then I would not take the chance. Have never heard of a grace period but I never wait until last day to complete payment so never needed to know I guess. Good Luck!!!