Question about Icy Strait Point Ziprider

Lauraj

We will be in Icy Strait Point in August on RCI. We would like to do the Ziprider in the afternoon, but it's not offered then through the ship....can you do it on your own? Is there someplace at the pier to sign up? Thanks.

Yes there is a ziprider booth inside the shopping area at the port. Many people that don't book with the cruise line decide to try it once they see how fun it looks. I would go ahead and book a time once you get in port to make sure there is a opening in the afternoon.

Can anybody please tell me, how many rides are included in each tour? They say the entire ride takes just 90 seconds, yet the tour itself takes an hour and a half.

One Ride. That time includes the shuttle ride to the top, standing in line, getting harnessed in, and getting unharnessed at the bottom. There are some good videos on youtube. Just search Icy Strait Point Zip Rider. Enjoy ISP, We sure did!

One Ride. That time includes the shuttle ride to the top, standing in line, getting harnessed in, and getting unharnessed at the bottom. There are some good videos on youtube. Just search Icy Strait Point Zip Rider. Enjoy ISP, We sure did!

Hmm, $139 for 90 s fun? I am not sure, but thanks for the info

Mike

• 1 month later...

We just returned from Alaska (May 14-28 on Pacific Princess) and Icy Strait Point was one of our top three places. No gaudy shops, no crowds. The zipline was incredible! The tour includes the bus ride up and then you take a short walk down (wear the sensible shoes - a golf cart is available for those that may have trouble with the walk.) to the Zipline. 6 at a time go but it takes a while to strap everyone in etc. etc.

We met a wonderful local boy on our halibut charter (another great excursion that morning) who 'adopted' us and showed us around the dock warehouses, pictures of his graduating class on one of the doors etc. The town is very friendly, the scenery amazing (especially after you thought it could not get any better!) and don't miss the clam chowder in the restaurant on the dock with the deck (cannot remember then name.)

If anyone wants to see my Flip Video I took on the Zipline, just let me know. It was a hoot!!

Hmm, $139 for 90 s fun? I am not sure, but thanks for the info

Mike

And we met a man on our sailing that ziplined at the beginning of the cruise....he was sitting in a wheelchair with a broken right ankle while we were speaking to him. YIKES!!

I really want to do this, but the weight limit is posted at 175#. And being 6'6" and 195#, this is one weight limit I really wouldn't want to disregard! :eek:

Where did you see the 175 pound limit? On the RCI excursions page, it says:

"Participants must be at least 10 years old, between 90 and 275 pounds and be comfortable with heights."

• 1 month later...

Absolutely one of the best excursions on our cruise!

My husband and I are 60 and 62, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Worth every penny - a thrill of a lifetime with a fantastic view.

It was exhilarating, not scary.

Do it!

• 7 years later...