Sapphire Princess to Aust. 2018

ChezandAndy - Cheryl

After seeing your recent comments re Sapphire Princess - did some checking on port schedules.

Sapphire Princess arrives Singapore on 28th Nov. 2018.

There is no info at Princess site after that.

The slot in Sydney on 3rd Dec. is too tight & there is no room at OPT until 1st Jan.

She is scheduled into Fremantle on 10th Dec. Adelaide 15th Dec. & Melbourne 17th Dec.

These dates work with a 28th Nov. departure from Singapore.

I am doing the 38 days from Southampton - may have to continue back to Australia.

About time that ship is coming back here. I personally found the Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess and even the Golden Princess to be far superior to the Emerald Princess which I just cruised on in the last part of January. It is good to have such good ships coming opposed to the continued use of the Sun class which are past their best before date.

She may be doing a down-under cruise out of Singapore. End of November is a bit late for a repositioning cruise, ships usually come down here in October. She may go across to NZ as well but the Auckland cruise schedule doesn't go out that far.

Odd that there is a booking for her 3rd December.

There is no sign of her being booked in Sydney after that date though so don't get your hopes up too high, Brisbane41.

She may be doing a down-under cruise out of Singapore. End of November is a bit late for a repositioning cruise, ships usually come down here in October. She may go across to NZ as well but the Auckland cruise schedule doesn't go out that far.

There is no sign of her being booked in Sydney after that date though so don't get your hopes up too high, Brisbane41.

Another one to try is Port Otago, for Port Chalmers, Dunedin. That goes way into the future and is showing Sapphire, Emerald and Golden in Feb/March 2019..... however looking that far ahead you do need to be prepared for changes.

https://www.portotago.co.nz/marine-and-shipping/shipping-schedules/cruise-ship-schedule/

ChezandAndy - Cheryl

After seeing your recent comments re Sapphire Princess - did some checking on port schedules.

Sapphire Princess arrives Singapore on 28th Nov. 2018.

There is no info at Princess site after that.

The slot in Sydney on 3rd Dec. is too tight & there is no room at OPT until 1st Jan.

She is scheduled into Fremantle on 10th Dec. Adelaide 15th Dec. & Melbourne 17th Dec.

These dates work with a 28th Nov. departure from Singapore.

I am doing the 38 days from Southampton - may have to continue back to Australia.

Hi John:)

The Sapphire has bookings from Melbourne for the season instead of Golden which usually cruises from there.

http://www.vicports.vic.gov.au/cruise-shipping/Pages/cruise-ship-schedule-3.aspx

Perhaps Sapphire will cruise from Singapore to Melbourne and do the season there, Golden will cruise from Sydney and perhaps stay?? as Princess lose the Dawn, we need another ship sailing here in our winter.

Originally Sapphire had the bookings in Sydney, then the name was changed to Emerald and now Golden.

They really need to start getting those bookings right as Princess has to share OPT with 4 RCL ships, Solstice, NCL Jewel, HAL, two Carnival ships and whoever else cannot fit under the bridge:rolleyes:

I will join you on the Sapphire if it makes it's way from Singapore to here John, it's been 9 years since I saw you last:p

Sydney really needs to pull it's finger out about providing more berths for ships east of the harbour bridge. White Bay will be obsolete soon unless P&O keeps on buying old small ships.

It's all very well saying some ships can go to Woollongong or Newcastle but I suspect that may result in lower sales for the cruise lines who do that ... but there might be cheaper prices.

However, having lived in Sydney for nearly 20 years now I predict they won't do a thing for at least another 10 years. :rolleyes:

Diamond doesnt arrive until December 11 this year, I agree that most lines bring their ships here around October, but Princess seems to leave one of them a little later, I dont think the Emerald arrived until November last year.

I think John might be onto something having had a good look at the Melbourne port schedule for 2018/2019, the dates seem to work from his arrival in Singapore.

I am going with Sapphire coming from Singapore to be based in Melbourne, Golden coming from LA based in Sydney, the dates work from her last LA port for a crossing via Hawaii, and Diamond a possibility, as there are bookings in Sydney, and she usually does the NZ turnaround cruises........but can't see where she is coming from as there are not any bookings in Darwin for her, but she does return to Japan in March 2018, the one you are booked on, so probably from there again.

Get those Future cruise deposits ready!!

Sydney really needs to pull it's finger out about providing more berths for ships east of the harbour bridge. White Bay will be obsolete soon unless P&O keeps on buying old small ships.

Agree with that, especially when P&O get their Pacific "Splendour", another ship to find a spot at OPT, and I am sure they will sail it from Sydney to begin with.

I am sure they work the itineraries around when they can dock at OPT and not the other way:rolleyes:

Why can't more of these ships do Tahiti returns, Apia, Samoa, Rarotonga (although anchoring there is sometimes a problem), Tonga, Raiatea and some of those beautiful Tahitian islands.

Princess do returns from LA. We should be able to do them from Sydney.

I have done a 28 night on P&O back in 2008 to Tahiti, a great cruise!! It was in June and the weather was great!

I have seen an itinerary on the Radiance including Tonga and P&O have a couple, more variety would be great.

I just looked up the Sapphire schedule in Melbourne

6nights

13nights

6 nights

13nights

6 nights

19 nights

13nights

13nights

13nights

Looks like all NZ with the 6 nights to Tassie.......maybe the 19 nighter is turnaround to NZ.......can we dare to dream is is something exotic:p

Agree with that, especially when P&O get their Pacific "Splendour", another ship to find a spot at OPT, and I am sure they will sail it from Sydney to begin with.

I am sure they work the itineraries around when they can dock at OPT and not the other way:rolleyes:

Why can't more of these ships do Tahiti returns, Apia, Samoa, Rarotonga (although anchoring there is sometimes a problem), Tonga, Raiatea and some of those beautiful Tahitian islands.

Princess do returns from LA. We should be able to do them from Sydney.

I have done a 28 night on P&O back in 2008 to Tahiti, a great cruise!! It was in June and the weather was great!

I have seen an itinerary on the Radiance including Tonga and P&O have a couple, more variety would be great.

I just looked up the Sapphire schedule in Melbourne

6nights

13nights

6 nights

13nights

6 nights

19 nights

13nights

13nights

13nights

Looks like all NZ with the 6 nights to Tassie.......maybe the 19 nighter is turnaround to NZ.......can we dare to dream is is something exotic:p

Agree about more exotic cruises.

I did the 35 day round trip to Hawaii a few years ago.

They could cut out the Hawaii part do all the Tahitian Islands (overnight in Bora Bora).

If the Marquesas Islands are close enough they could go there as well.

i think they book those slots into to the port schedules and then they can do a change of ships if necessary, at least they have the berths booked

Bob, they usually do that, but John has mentioned that he is booked on Sapphire from Southampron to Singapore and the Freemantle, Adelaide and Melbourne dates all work out if it carries on to Australia on the 28th November.

I suppose she is replacing the Diamond?

Mic, Sydney is showing Golden and Diamond at the moment.

With Goldens last date in LA and a 29 day crossing which is what the Emerald is doing, it gets to Sydney on the 15th October and there is a booking there. There is one on the 10th October but I think that will drop off.

Hopefully they will leave one here:p

They must have been busy deciding itineraries and ship as they have changed from Sapphire to Emerald to Golden for OPT, hopefully we might see some itineraries soon.

Looks like Sapphire Princess will finish the time charter to the Chinese on 13th Nov. 2017 in Hong Kong - when she cruises back to Singapore & is home ported there until it departs for Rome & Southampton on 28th March 2018. Then does various cruises out of Southampton until 21st Oct. 2018 when it re-positions to Singapore with a sector to/from Rome.

The new Majestic P. is being time chartered to China to replace Sapphire.

Is Diamond staying in Far East out of Japan, HK & Singapore.

• 1 month later...

John, in case you havent noticed........the booking for Sapphire in Freemantle has disappeared.

It has it's first booking in Melbourne on 24th Oct 2018 now.......but that would not work as it is in Singapore on the 28th Oct?? All the Melbourne bookings for Sapphire are still there.

One has popped up in Darwin for the Golden on 8th September 2018, but it is supposed to be on the West coast US with the Emerald. The Golden has bookings in Papeete which makes me think it is coming across that way.

Sydney has Golden bookings, Melbourne has Sapphire. The Diamond has bookings in Japan in December 2018 so won't be Diamond.

Wish they would get their itineraries out, Princess are always last:(

John, in case you havent noticed........the booking for Sapphire in Freemantle has disappeared.

It has it's first booking in Melbourne on 24th Oct 2018 now.......but that would not work as it is in Singapore on the 28th Oct?? All the Melbourne bookings for Sapphire are still there.

One has popped up in Darwin for the Golden on 8th September 2018, but it is supposed to be on the West coast US with the Emerald. The Golden has bookings in Papeete which makes me think it is coming across that way.

Sydney has Golden bookings, Melbourne has Sapphire. The Diamond has bookings in Japan in December 2018 so won't be Diamond.

Wish they would get their itineraries out, Princess are always last:(

I suppose they are just reserving spots and the ship name can be swapped later.

I suppose they are just reserving spots and the ship name can be swapped later.

Yes, that is what they do, John was hoping to continue his Singapore cruise back to OZ on the Sapphire.

Not sure why there are September/early October bookings for the Grand class at OZ ports as the 3 ships we usually get have cruise itineraries elsewhere.......perhaps they are sending us the Majestic;p

Perhaps, I know the Golden and Diamond are due to return but not sure if (or which) the third ship was coming as well.

Interestingly, the Diamond Princess Japan bookings are all showing as Sold Out from 13/11/ 18, which makes me think Diamond will come down.

Goldens last cruise ends in LA on the 23 /9/2018

Emeralds last cruise ends in Seattle on 23/9/2018

there are Papeete bookings for both these ships......

Speculation is my hobby:D

Usually there is a thread running on Princess and someone usually posts the itineraies before they are released.

May have to cancel one, so looking at the moment for one in October this year.

We are on the Golden 21st September, beginning of school holidays.....comes back on Monday Labour day.

Insides are around $1499 and balconies start at about $2200.......heaps of availability, I can feel a price drop coming on;p Lets hope it is before final payment in July!!!

Interestingly, the Diamond Princess Japan bookings are all showing as Sold Out from 13/11/ 18, which makes me think Diamond will come down.

Goldens last cruise ends in LA on the 23 /9/2018

Emeralds last cruise ends in Seattle on 23/9/2018

there are Papeete bookings for both these ships......

Speculation is my hobby:D

Usually there is a thread running on Princess and someone usually posts the itineraies before they are released.

They may well all be heading here.:D

We are on the Golden 21st September, beginning of school holidays.....comes back on Monday Labour day.

Insides are around $1499 and balconies start at about $2200.......heaps of availability, I can feel a price drop coming on;p Lets hope it is before final payment in July!!!

Wishing you luck on that score.

I just wonder how many kids will be on her?

Yeah had a look at that one. Starts the day before school holidays and we were looking for a shorter one, the one that may go missing was just a two nighter. But will be keeping an eye on this one.

There's a nice three nighter Bris-Syd, price was OK, a truck load of OBC, but getting to Brisbane could be a problem.