What is your sleep schedule when you cruise?

Unfortunately a lot of these cruise ships make announcements that blare loudly in your cabin starting at 7:00am on a port day and 8:00 on a sea day, so sleeping in is usually not really an option unless you can easily fall asleep again.

On the four cruise lines I've been on so far (Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and Royal Caribbean) I have never heard loud announcements blaring in the cabin early in the mornings, except when the Captain has had to announce a port cancellation because of adverse weather conditions. That has happened twice.

I hope I am not going to subjected to these sorts of announcements on the Crystal cruise we are doing next year. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately a lot of these cruise ships make announcements that blare loudly in your cabin starting at 7:00am on a port day and 8:00 on a sea day, so sleeping in is usually not really an option unless you can easily fall asleep again.

Have you ever sailed HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Cunard, or Royal Catibbean? I cannot recall any of them with random announcements heard in the cabins.

We just started sticking the Do Not Disturb sign in the door at night. If we're up by 7:00 am...great. If we sleep until 10:00 am...also great. No worries...it's vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is us also. The only time we set an alarm is if we have an excursion in the morning. Otherwise, we put the sign on the door and wake whenever. Most mornings we were up about 6-7am just because that's what our bodies are adjusted to, but one morning we slept in until 9.

We are usually in bed by 11pm because we like our sleep! And there's not a lot of the late night activities that interest us, but we'd stay up late if there was something we wanted to participate in. We really try NOT to have a schedule while on vacation.

On the four cruise lines I've been on so far (Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and Royal Caribbean) I have never heard loud announcements blaring in the cabin early in the mornings, except when the Captain has had to announce a port cancellation because of adverse weather conditions. That has happened twice.

I hope I am not going to subjected to these sorts of announcements on the Crystal cruise we are doing next year. :rolleyes:

On port days where there is tender, I usually hear announcements in the corridor, but not inside the cabin. It is also not loud.

I'm interested in hearing people's sleep pattern when doing a 7 day cruise. My first cruise ever is in April and I'm just not sure how I will end up going about things. On one hand it's a nice thought to get up and see the sunrise and be out and about before everything is crowded and another hand I think of the night life and how it could be easy to get caught up doing things until midnight or so. Also on my regular time when I don't have work I sure don't hesitate to sleep in, so I also don't want to sleep away the day and feel like I wasted a lot of my time. Not sure if being on the ship will make me more prone to hop out of bed when an alarm goes off.

But for instance is going to bed around midnight and getting up around 8 a fairly reasonable idea, seems like a good compromise of being up late and up early.

Well first and foremost I just want to have a good time so not to be so concerned over anything, I just think things over a lot.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We get up 6AM ,shower,dress and go to the gym . We normally go to bed about 2AM.At home we sleep 7 to 8 hours a night but on cruises we try to get the most out of each day.

On port days where there is tender, I usually hear announcements in the corridor, but not inside the cabin. It is also not loud.

Yes, I've heard those but they aren't usually loud enough to wake me if I'm sleeping.

There is a strange axiom about cruise lines. The more expensive and luxurious the line, the fewer annoying announcements. On Crystal (and most other high end cruise lines) you will seldom be disturbed by announcements and will only have something blasting out of your cabin speaker in the case of a real emergency or some other extraordinary event. We have been quite happy with Crystal....but just wish they would have lower prices :).

Hank

There is a strange axiom about cruise lines. The more expensive and luxurious the line, the fewer annoying announcements. On Crystal (and most other high end cruise lines) you will seldom be disturbed by announcements and will only have something blasting out of your cabin speaker in the case of a real emergency or some other extraordinary event. We have been quite happy with Crystal....but just wish they would have lower prices :).

Hank

Well, that's what I would expect :D

I was actually having a dig at Suite Travels as I know he has cruised on Crystal a number of times, yet made what appeared to be an uninformed comment about announcements in cabins on cruises :p

I'm really looking forward to our Crystal cruise next year but it will be interesting to see if it's really worth those higher prices. We did get to go onboard Symphony when she was in Sydney in January, thanks to Bodogbodog.

We do dinner and possibly a show, or a show followed by dinner, depending on the cruise line. Maybe have a nightcap if there is some good music to listen to, then go to bed so usually before midnight. We like to have breakfast in the MDR and I usually wake up in time to get there before it finishes. I think I start surfacing once other passengers start walking past our cabin. We rarely use an alarm expect when we need to get up very early to do an excursion. We don't worry if we do sleep in, we just grab a late breakfast in the buffet on those days.

I tend to go to bed between 11 p.m. and midnight. I get up early--around 6 a.m.--to walk, either around the deck or on a treadmill in the gym. On our last cruise, however, the ship's time kept changing (four times in 10 days), which threw off my schedule. A nice afternoon nap helps keep me going.

I actually have a more consistent sleep schedule while on a vacation or on a cruise then I do in my normal life. I work night shift at my main job (anything between 1pm and 4am! But only 4 days a week) and then I work any amount of hours at my for fun job (anything between 8am and 11pm). So I don't really have any sort of sleep schedule but on the cruise I tend to be up early 7/8am on Port days to maximize my time ashore and then at Sea days up by 10 or so, so I can make it to the Windjammer before lunch switching over.

Time zones, sea days and excursions in ports dictate our schedule more than anything. I suspect this next one will be interesting since we will mostly be on home time zone schedule and a few days on Alaska time. But were cruising with HAL and everyone says we're supposed to go to bed by 9 pm. ;p

Only day I want to get up extra early is the last morning when sailing back down Puget Sound to Seattle. If it's clear the sunrise at 5am lighting up Rainier and the Olympics could be really cool.

Thank you. Interesting.

I usually try to slip out of the room not to wake up anybody. In cabin it is even more important.

I usually shower and often swim after exercise.