Favorite restaurant in each Alaskan port/city?

skiiergirl

Definitely want good food. View is nice but not mandatory. Prefer "local" but "touristy" ok if they have the best food.

Salt is the best restaurant in Juneau. It's Tracy of Tracy's Crab Shack's high end place. If the prices scare you, there's getting small plates and cocktails. But if you're willing to do a splurge, this is the place and time.

The Rookery Cafe is another place that uses locally sourced food, but has a more casual atmosphere and prices.

In Bocca Al Lupo is very good Italian food if you're tired of seafood. (Although there'll be some on the menu.)

V's Cellar is eclectic fusion and is...well...in a cellar, so you're definitely not getting a view.

Everyone will recommend Twisted Fish. I find it way too loud, crowded, but the food is fine. There is a view if a cruise ship isn't blocking it. The same folks own The Hanger, which also will have a view if a ship isn't in the way. More your Midwest Mom's sort of food.

Salt is the best restaurant in Juneau. It's Tracy of Tracy's Crab Shack's high end place. If the prices scare you, there's getting small plates and cocktails. But if you're willing to do a splurge, this is the place and time.

The Rookery Cafe is another place that uses locally sourced food, but has a more casual atmosphere and prices.

In Bocca Al Lupo is very good Italian food if you're tired of seafood. (Although there'll be some on the menu.)

V's Cellar is eclectic fusion and is...well...in a cellar, so you're definitely not getting a view.

Everyone will recommend Twisted Fish. I find it way too loud, crowded, but the food is fine. There is a view if a cruise ship isn't blocking it. The same folks own The Hanger, which also will have a view if a ship isn't in the way. More your Midwest Mom's sort of food.

Thank you! Tray's is all I had ever heard of until last week. Then, yes, several pee mentioned Twisted Fish. Had no idea Tracy had another restaurant. Thanks for the list. They all sound like winners too me.

Lol.sounds like we need 3 days in Juneau instead of 12 hours!

• 2 weeks later...

Tracy's king crab was delicious, touristy but great fun!! We split the dinner of king crab leg, crab bisque,mini crab cakes garlic bread and an extra crab leg. I had nice glass of wine, all for about $75 . Well worth it

• 2 months later...