Wind Spirit in Bora Bora

vlaurend

ia orana everyone

Wind Spirit has the Heineken draft on tap for 5$us most day, pool bar.

There is a local bar in downtown Papeete that sell locally brewed beer (on premise). It's call "Les Trois Brasseurs". Just in front of the pier (2 minute walk tops). http://www.3brasseurs-pacific.com/

And, if you have time, you can have dinner or lunch at LE RETRO, a good restaurant facing the waterfront (and the traffic!), where a great Franco-american singer, Joe Dassin, died in 1980 (https://www.tahitiheritage.pf/chez-joe-dassin/).

I just finished two books I bought at the James Norman Hall House in Papeete (he's the co-author of the Mutiny on the bounty). First one is his autobiography and the second is titled "Running on Empty". Very good read and I can say that a lot of thing haven't changed there since the 30's.

Manuia!

Thanks, Vaitape! I was hoping you'd say it was most similar to Heineken, LOL! We are not fans of Miller or Coors, so we may end up sticking to water (or rum punch, if offered) on those excursions with motu picnics. I have no doubt we'll be happy with the offerings on the ship itself.

vlaurend: oh well, try one bottle and see what you think.

AND, most definitely, have some Tahiti Drink....nectar of the Gods!! It's available in all markets. Comes in a liter container (like a milk container) but be aware, it's not just fruit juice!

And talking about Tahiti Drink, if you have a rental car, make a quick a visit to the Manutea Tahiti Rotui Juice Factory and Distillery on Moorea. Good tastings plus Tahiti Drink is a little cheaper there. Closed on Sundays and holidays.

vlaurend: oh well, try one bottle and see what you think.

AND, most definitely, have some Tahiti Drink....nectar of the Gods!! It's available in all markets. Comes in a liter container (like a milk container) but be aware, it's not just fruit juice!

And talking about Tahiti Drink, if you have a rental car, make a quick a visit to the Manutea Tahiti Rotui Juice Factory and Distillery on Moorea. Good tastings plus Tahiti Drink is a little cheaper there. Closed on Sundays and holidays.

Wait, what? What is this "Tahiti Drink" of which you speak? What is in the Tahiti Drink? I have heard of the Rotui Juice Factory, but where is it, exactly? We will be renting a car, so can definiwtly work it into our Moorea day.

vlaurend: easily found. Big sign on the road. It's mountain side between Cook's Bay and the Hilton. Do Google for a better description/map.

Tahiti Drink is a concoction of Moorea pineapple, passion fruit, mango, papaya juices, vanilla and rhum and some other flavors. Once tasted, always remembered and sought after.....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fruit+Juice+Factory,+Piha'ena,+French+Polynesia/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x769a20bcc70359fd:0xae03d1e2ac02b582?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjA9L_xjq7WAhUI3IMKHQxOADwQ8gEIJTAA

Send us some please....our stash is long gone....

Edited by vaitape

• 4 months later...
Aita pea pea....no problem!! Have a wonderful time!

Is that the correct spelling? Never knew how to spell it - came across it while on Rarotonga many many moons ago by a couple islanders with the infamous names of - Baby Doll, Rum Rum, and Gin Gin. Baby Doll fell in love with my brother and jumped in the harbor to get on our boat to get to him - she almost drowned as she was a wee bit hungover from the night before... long story, but pretty funny!