Live from Regal Princess 9/23/17

cruiserking

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the heads up about the upgraded deck furniture. We'll be in that cabin in January 2018 on a warm weather run. We've never done CC and am looking forward to trying it out. Sound like you got a good start.

I just looked up my cruise records and have done that NE cruise 8 times in the last 15 years. Bar Harbor was our favorite stop.

Enjoy, wish I was on the ship.

framer

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the heads up about the upgraded deck furniture. We'll be in that cabin in January 2018 on a warm weather run. We've never done CC and am looking forward to trying it out. Sound like you got a good start.

I just looked up my cruise records and have done that NE cruise 8 times in the last 15 years. Bar Harbor was our favorite stop.

Enjoy, wish I was on the ship.

framer

We love the New England/Canada run too and have done it 5 times. It's a 20 minute car ride from our apartment. We're to cruise anywhere especially when it's leaving from a port right in our back yard.

Bar Harbor is beautiful, we love it, especially in the fall when it's not jammed with tourists save for the few thousand on the Regal. Also, very fond if Halifax, terrific town.

Have a great cruise on Regal, Framer. We'll take good care of the cabin, it's a dandy.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Jonathan, have a great cruise. We have been on the Regal a few times and consider it our favorite ship in the Princess fleet. We will be boarding the Regal again on Oct. 26 out of New York, can't wait as Halloween will be part of the cruise. Looking forward to following along with your journey.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

You'll have to get up really early. Norris starts his day as soon as the rooster starts to crow.;)

Yes JF, I love that first cup of 5 a.m coffee on a deserted and dark deck waiting for the sunrise over the sea. It's something I only get to do 14 times a year. I can always nap after lunch or an excursion.

Hope to see you in my October review. I am really looking forward to this cruise as it has been 8 long months since our last on the Reflection.

Cheers!

Norris

Ron, sounds like those cherry smokes would put out a nice aroma! I used to smoke Gauloises Disque Bleu cigarettes during my "French period" and they smelled like a burning mattress. Zut alors! I welcome cigar smells as they help mask the ship's diesel fragrances.

See you onboard!

Norris, Boarding Pass and Luggage tags printed

Norris! Where does one experience the smell of a burning mattress for the first time? :o

Could the OP tell us if 'Buy One Get One (adult beverage) for $1' is currently available on Regal.

Thanks for the 'Live' and enjoy your cruise.:cool:

Yes, the buy one get one for $1 is alive and well, NSWP. They featured it at 11 pm and earlier too I believe. I will get the precise times tomorrow.

Jonathan

Sunday September 24

Newport, Rhode Island

6:45 am Regal Princess was slowly inching into the Newport Harbor. A sliver pink hung over the horizon as dawn turned into a brilliant sun drenched day.

A pair of mammoth yachts sat sentry at Regal’s bow welcoming the mighty ship into this fabled retreat.

Club Class Breakfast

Chef July came over to welcome as back and shortly theteafter concocted the specialty of the morning, Nutella Crepes. This soft, sweet pillow pouch was filled with just the right amount of chocolate hazelnut. The plate was enhanced with a dollop of strawberry jam and two small fleurettes of whipped cream. Spectacular. This exquisite treat is available every morning in Club Class. We are fast becoming fans of this friendly and talented Bulgarian Chef.

Don’t worry about calories in Club Class, those aren’t really doughnuts they bring by on a tray. Our friendly waitress Zadeya called them soft rolls with custard, not quite granola but, I’ll take it.

Priority Tender Tickets

Another perk of Club Class according to the Princess website. However, there are none waiting in your cabin. Instead you simply head directly to the tender deck 4 and show your Club Class card. This will give you first dibs on the tender seating before the other passengers who have queued up, arrive.

Regal was the only ship in port today and it was a great pleasure walking around the quiet, cobbled streets of this historic town. We strolled along Thames street in search of of a nice Newport cap. Our morning ramble included stops in a spice shop, soap store and the Fudgery where a quarter pound of peanut flavored confection called to me.

The day was heating up as we strolled along Bannister Wharf and browsed in galleries, at more goodies and stunning yachts sparkling in the sun. At Bowens Wharf we cooled off with cocktails and a dozen of some of the tastiest and most perfect oysters at the Landing restaurant.

Entertainment Director Martin Moss a friendly, funny and interesting Englishman is back again along with his assistant Daniel Alexander. Spent some time chatting away with them late into the evening at Churchill’s good fun.

Martin suggested we see the production show Bravo this evening. He remarked how talented a group these singers were. He wasn’t wrong. Don’t miss Bravo, this bravura production featured standards from Broadway and the big screen. The show is electric, the band was sharp and the performers were all great.

A thick fog is clinging to our balcony as we steam for Boston.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Yes, the buy one get one for $1 is alive and well, NSWP. They featured it at 11 pm and earlier too I believe. I will get the precise times tomorrow.

Jonathan

Thanks for that Jonathon, so BOGO - $1 is alive on some ships and not on others. Enjoy your cruise.:hearteyes:

We did, thank you Cindy. Heading to the Boston Aquarium today and to the Nirth End for Canolis.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan:

Just saw that Cunard building a new state of the art! ship. For 2022. Exciting. Keep enjoying your cruise and thanks for the updates. Say hello to your lovely wife. More Bon Voyage to you- Esther

Hi Jonathan:

Just saw that Cunard building a new state of the art! ship. For 2022. Exciting. Keep enjoying your cruise and thanks for the updates. Say hello to your lovely wife. More Bon Voyage to you- Esther

Hi Esther,

How thrilling, a brand Cunard ship. Can't wait to sail it and get that roll call going. Thanks for posting.

Jonathan

Love your Live From, thanks so much for taking us along! Oh, and thanks for mentioning fresh cannoli, I'll be salivating over that all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank You Sunsetbeachgal. I will try and post pics from shore in Boston. The internet on board is decent but photo sharing takes wayyyy too long.

Jonathan