Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

You should also consideradding the "Unlimited Soda & More Package" to your spreadsheet to let people see if it is worth it as well.

Just change the cost per day to 8.05 and be sure not to enter anything about sodas, mocktails, and shakes. That's what I did.

My problem was trying to figure out sea days. My next cruise is 5 days with 24 hours at Cabo San Lucas. However, the day is divided into two (i.e. it gets in a 1 p.m. and leaves the next day at 1 p.m.). So, I just decided to make it 4 sea days.

Tell me - does the package include 'fresh squeezed orange juice', or just the buffet/MDR juice?

Thanks.

Don't wish to hijack, but, as a fellow fresh oj lover, the soda and more pkg does include the fresh juice. Wasn't even a question on the Royal, had to fight for it first day on Regal, but got it no problem on following days. I only ordered at breakfast so don't know at other times! (Heck, don't want to get scurvy on a ship! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 months later...
Here is the post where I have included the updated Princess AIBP Calculator with updated pricing and other information. Thanks to CC member 'kelly94942' who created this great calculator.

Thanks,

Paul

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52294548&postcount=20

Thanks so much for this spreadsheet. It is extremely interesting and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

The spreadsheet is awesome! Thanks for sharing. One question though - I notice that the strongbow cider price hasn't been updated since 2014. Can anyone confirm that Princess still indeed offers cider onboard? I'm debating on whether to get the beverage package for an upcoming trip, and if they don't stock cider, it makes my decision far simpler since I do not drink beer. It doesn't have to be strongbow but I need something!

Thanks!!

We are just off the Island PC Partial Transit. The AIBP on board was offered for sale up to the 4th to last day of the cruise. From the Patter: "Package can be purchased any day of the cruise and will be effective from the time and day of sign up. The All Inclusive Package can be purchased no later than 4 days prior to the voyage ends."

That would be a great change to the fleet of Princess. Sometimes, the sea days are at the end, and it would be beneficial. The AIBP is a great tool.....and not just to drink yourself silly with alcohol.

The spreadsheet is awesome! Thanks for sharing. One question though - I notice that the strongbow cider price hasn't been updated since 2014. Can anyone confirm that Princess still indeed offers cider onboard? I'm debating on whether to get the beverage package for an upcoming trip, and if they don't stock cider, it makes my decision far simpler since I do not drink beer. It doesn't have to be strongbow but I need something!

Thanks!!

I was on the Grand to Alaska earlier this year, and they had Strongbow. At least, they had it at the pub lunch - I didn't check at any of the bars.

That would be a great change to the fleet of Princess. Sometimes, the sea days are at the end, and it would be beneficial. The AIBP is a great tool.....and not just to drink yourself silly with alcohol.

His post was from last year.

Here is the current wording of conditions.

Not proratable.........

"Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing. Terms and conditions will apply".

• 3 weeks later...

Effective September 18, 2017 the AIB Package changed to $59.99 per person per day plus a 15% gratuity. It now includes beverages up to $12 instead of $10, either 20 or 25% off ALL bottles of wine, it was bottles under $100 before, it is now limited to 15 alcoholic drinks per day and DOES include Princess Cay. It's all updated on their web site.

68.99 per person per day is CRAZY high, jesus.

Effective September 18, 2017 the AIB Package changed to $59.99 per person per day plus a 15% gratuity. It now includes beverages up to $12 instead of $10, either 20 or 25% off ALL bottles of wine, it was bottles under $100 before, it is now limited to 15 alcoholic drinks per day and DOES include Princess Cay. It's all updated on their web site.

Add up the cost of nice coffees, teas, water bottles, wines and spirits. Not hard to get value.

I've not sailed with Princess so my guestimates could be way out but, from what I've read, coffees start around $3 and go up to about $5. Teas are about $2.50

So, somewhere between 14-23 coffees a day would give you value. 28 teas would just about break even - per day. I drink a lot of tea but even at my thirstiest I'd struggle to down 15.

Would you not be better off with the coffee card? That includes unlimited tea and is a hell of a lot less than $68 a day.

Of course it is your money and if you see value in it then there's no problem. Does seem a lot of money for tea, coffee and water (which, I understand, you can bring aboard with you if you so wished) though.

Obviously this doesn't cover wines and spirits. I guess you could make it work but $68 a day for 2 people for 7 nights is $952. Wow.

Each to their own of course.

I've not sailed with Princess so my guestimates could be way out but, from what I've read, coffees start around $3 and go up to about $5. Teas are about $2.50

So, somewhere between 14-23 coffees a day would give you value. 28 teas would just about break even - per day. I drink a lot of tea but even at my thirstiest I'd struggle to down 15.

Would you not be better off with the coffee card? That includes unlimited tea and is a hell of a lot less than $68 a day.

Of course it is your money and if you see value in it then there's no problem. Does seem a lot of money for tea, coffee and water (which, I understand, you can bring aboard with you if you so wished) though.

Obviously this doesn't cover wines and spirits. I guess you could make it work but $68 a day for 2 people for 7 nights is $952. Wow.

Each to their own of course.

A coffee card won’t buy alcohol and water.

May be a tad harder now under the new program. :(
In the past, all but a few wines by the glass, some drinks at Bellini's, the 50th Anniversary cocktails, and a few whiskeys were over $10.00. The prices of a number of regular cocktails have been approaching $10.00. I fully expect the next round of drink price increases to push many drink prices over the former $10.00 limit. This will probably continue to make the package viable for those who bought the AIBP before and a good incentive for the Sip n Sail promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 months later...

Great spreadsheet.

Can anybody please provide or advise where I can get an updated list of beverage prices. I am cruising Alaska on September 16, 2018 on the Emerald Princess and I am trying to work out if its worth getting a drinks package.

Thank you.

We sailed Emerald in October and November and the prices were still pretty much the same. The only change I saw with the PBP was that it included a few things that used to be too much under the AIBP. For instance the limit used to be $10 but is now $11. Emerald had the new Whiskey Adventure in Wheelhouse and I was able to get Bulleit Rye which was $11.

A minor change in drink pricing won't affect whether or not the package is "worth it" for you. I loved having the package but drank far more than I would have otherwise. I got it as a perk. For me it's way to costly to tempt me to purchase the package. Then again, without the package we always use the BOGO and the rumor is that the BOGO is going away. I certainly hope that it really is nothing more than a rumor.

We sailed Emerald in October and November and the prices were still pretty much the same. The only change I saw with the PBP was that it included a few things that used to be too much under the AIBP. For instance the limit used to be $10 but is now $11. Emerald had the new Whiskey Adventure in Wheelhouse and I was able to get Bulleit Rye which was $11.

A minor change in drink pricing won't affect whether or not the package is "worth it" for you. I loved having the package but drank far more than I would have otherwise. I got it as a perk. For me it's way to costly to tempt me to purchase the package. Then again, without the package we always use the BOGO and the rumor is that the BOGO is going away. I certainly hope that it really is nothing more than a rumor.

The USD limit/cap is $12 Thrak, not $11. AUD limit/cap is $16aud..

It does add a very few of the drinks that used to be excluded including a few more wines by the glass at Vines, and another whiskey or two...

• 10 months later...
On 2/21/2017 at 9:28 AM, cruisincdns said:

Here is the post where I have included the updated Princess AIBP Calculator with updated pricing and other information. Thanks to CC member 'kelly94942' who created this great calculator.

Thanks,

Paul

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52294548&postcount=20

This beverage calculator is no longer being maintained or available.