International Cafe Premium Tea (no punch)

pundang

Sorry, but I'm new to Princess and I drink a LOT of tea but never drink coffee. My wife likes the occasional coffee but also drinks a lot of tea. Are you saying that, if my wife buys a coffee card then she can also get me a tea at IC without it counting against her card? And the same goes for getting hot chocolate (daughter likes Hot Chocolate sometimes)?

To be honest, we will probably be taking our own tea bags so I would probably only be after hot water and milk (and a cup!).

Thanks

The unlimited part of the card is for the purchaser.

Will they deny you if you "get" drinks for others? Probably not.

The 15 punches can be used for anyone.

The unlimited part of the card is for the purchaser.

Will they deny you if you "get" drinks for others? Probably not.

The 15 punches can be used for anyone.

Ah, OK thanks. I guess I'll just have to pop up to the self service restaurant and make my own then. Don't want to break any rules.

D'oh! What an idiot. I could just buy the card in my name. I'd get unlimited teas (and brewed coffee - whatever that is) and I could use the coffee credits to get my wife a coffee.

Yep Burgmeister, that would work. The tea water in the International Cafe is quite a bit hotter than the water in the Horizon Court and makes a better cup of tea. We exchange our bar set-up for a couple of coffee cards. If we are traveling with folks who do not get the gratis cards, we give one to them. If we happen to have extra punches from cards from previous cruises, we randomly gift coffees to other passengers (got that idea from a Thrak posting some time back). From our point of view, the coffee card holds good value for our particular needs. My wife loves the camomile tea served in the International Court.

Sorry, but I'm new to Princess and I drink a LOT of tea but never drink coffee. My wife likes the occasional coffee but also drinks a lot of tea. Are you saying that, if my wife buys a coffee card then she can also get me a tea at IC without it counting against her card? And the same goes for getting hot chocolate (daughter likes Hot Chocolate sometimes)?

To be honest, we will probably be taking our own tea bags so I would probably only be after hot water and milk (and a cup!).

Thanks

there are plenty of Twinning tea varieties available at the Horizon buffet for free. So, you don't really need to bring your own tea bags, unless it's something super-duper premium that you think you must have.

I don't like coffee in general that much, and free unlimited coffee at the buffet wasn't all that yummy to me.

So, the specialty coffee card that we are talking about can be used for the unlimited PREMIUM tea (apparently, Mighty Leaf) and brewed coffee at the IC. We will mostly use it to buy gelato, but we'll also use it for premium tea and brewed coffee as well since it comes with the coffee card anyway.

Just bought this 30 oz tumbler for $5 at walmart.com for the upcoming trip for my tea!!!!

Ozark Trail 30-Ounce Double-Wall, Vacuum-Sealed Tumbler

Its not a super-duper premium tea that I drink but it is proper English tea (any of the Brit forumites will understand what I mean by that).

The closest I can usually find on a cruise would be "English Breakfast" but they tend to make a rather weak cup for my taste (but it will suffice if there's nothing better).

Having read this thread I definitely think a coffee card is the way to go even if my wife doesn't want all 10 of the coffees!

Excuse my ignorance but I don't know what this means.

Thanks for the tip on the water temperatures.

I believe some cabin categories get free liquor bottles in their in-room bars. Perhaps, he doesn't drink, so he exchanges the bar setup for a coffee card.

Having read this thread I definitely think a coffee card is the way to go even if my wife doesn't want all 10 of the coffees!

I think it's 15 specialty coffees and super-premium teas (from the Tea Tower) or gelato.

I sailed this week and the IC had Mighty Leaf mostly organic teas and a Vanilla bean that was not organic. You can ask for the tea bag only to bring to the dining room or where ever. You can buy the coffee card on board or for significantly less on ebay from someone ( elite tire) who trades their mini bar in for coffee cards and doesn't use both.

I sailed this week and the IC had Mighty Leaf mostly organic teas and a Vanilla bean that was not organic. You can ask for the tea bag only to bring to the dining room or where ever. You can buy the coffee card on board or for significantly less on ebay from someone ( elite tire) who trades their mini bar in for coffee cards and doesn't use both.

oh, that was another question I had. If we don't use up the card on a particular sailing and there are still punches left on it, would we be able to use it a year later? And would the unlimited premium tea still be included?

oh, that was another question I had. If we don't use up the card on a particular sailing and there are still punches left on it, would we be able to use it a year later? And would the unlimited premium tea still be included?

The unused punches on the card can be used on subsequent cruises for specialty coffees, but the fresh brewed coffee and unlimited teas are only available for the duration of the cruise for when the card was purchased (if one follows the rules as sometimes they do not mark the voyage on the card at time of purchase)

I believe some cabin categories get free liquor bottles in their in-room bars. Perhaps, he doesn't drink, so he exchanges the bar setup for a coffee card.

I think it's 15 specialty coffees and super-premium teas (from the Tea Tower) or gelato.

Ah, OK thanks. I didn't realise that perk was available to some cruisers.

The "super-premium" teas might not be to my liking but I don't mind using my own tea bags - just get water and milk.

15 coffees or gelato, I didn't fully get that. There doesn't seem to be any mention of gelatos on the details about the card on my account. But its good to know.

Are there any complementary drinks (hot or cold) available at the IC?

Are there any complementary drinks (hot or cold) available at the IC?
not that I noticed. Water was available.

15 coffees or gelato, I didn't fully get that. There doesn't seem to be any mention of gelatos on the details about the card on my account. But its good to know.

I know, I just found out about this as well.

No free drinks at the IC, other than water.

As for gelato - only available on certain ships. The ships we cruise on the West Coast don't have gelato that can be obtained by a punch on the coffee card. In fact most don't have gelato at all IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just the way people were posting it was sounding it was covered

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is covered if you have the coffee card, or the AIBP. It will NOT cost a punch of the coffee card. Like fresh brewed coffee, fresh brewed tea is unlimited for the duration of the cruise for which the coffee card was purchased for.