Future of sip and sail considering new AIBP price

NoWhiners

Cheers, Big ears :D

Yeah, I know, I should be on the stage...first one out of town.

Princess has signed me up as the resident lunatic, I will be performing fleet wide on a ship near you !! :p:eek:

Oo roo.

Bearing in mind here in the UK we are never offered the sip and sail pass, the fact that Princess may consider increasing cruise price, would certainly impact on us.

We have used Princess for many years to cruise the Caribbean. Why don't they offer the sip and sail to UK customers solely for these sailings. never seen a sip and sail offer on Princess UK website for any cruises

q

We have used Princess for many years to cruise the Caribbean. Why don't they offer the sip and sail to UK customers solely for these sailings. never seen a sip and sail offer on Princess UK website for any cruises

Hi

Probably for the same reason that we lose our deposit when we cancel no matter how long to final payment. Also, to get a fare drop we have to pay a £100 admin fee and we only get one drop.

Why do they do it - I would imagine because they find they can still fill their ships with UK passengers in spite of this

I am afraid we have to just grin and bear it. Saying that we do have two cruises booked for next year with the £1 p p deposit offer. So if there is a price drop, we can just cancel and rebook losing only £2.

q

Hi

Probably for the same reason that we lose our deposit when we cancel no matter how long to final payment. Also, to get a fare drop we have to pay a £100 admin fee and we only get one drop.

Why do they do it - I would imagine because they find they can still fill their ships with UK passengers in spite of this

I am afraid we have to just grin and bear it. Saying that we do have two cruises booked for next year with the £1 p p deposit offer. So if there is a price drop, we can just cancel and rebook losing only £2.

It's about time that we have the same conditions as the good folks in the USA. I usually book my cruise using my FCC'S that I buy on board.

So come on Princess start giving us the same conditions and offers this side of the pond

It's about time that we have the same conditions as the good folks in the USA. I usually book my cruise using my FCC'S that I buy on board.

So come on Princess start giving us the same conditions and offers this side of the pond

Until the size of the U.K. Market reaches the size of the domestic NA market, it will never happen.

Annie

Ah yes, I forget that the prices aren't the same for the rest of the world :) On the Australia/NZ thread they are quite up in arms over the huge increase in cost. I don't blame them at all--it is like a 30% change for them.

I can't figure out why S&S isn't offered in the UK--is it a legal thing? (I know the rules are a bit different there, like for deposits that are non-refundable)

But raising cruise prices across the board to cover drink packages seems wrong, since not everyone drinks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

ML

try 46%

try 46%

Wow--that's even worse. Time to perfect those smuggling techniques :D

They could also offer the S&S at an additional cost that is still well below the regularprice for the drink package, ie $25 per person per day

This would be a great option!

ML

I'll drink to that, no 'Sip and Sail' ever offered to us booking on Princess, even on overseas Princess ships.:evilsmile: Not fair when your fellow passengers if North Americans have got it.:evilsmile: