Premium beverage package gone up to 68.99 per day -

Mish415

Celebrity has three packages, basic, classic and premium. (I might be wrong on the exact names - need more coffee)

Anyways, I'm not familiar with the basic but the classic is any drink up to $9, beer up to $6 and "basic" bottled water. That's what comes as part of booking balcony or above and is $55/ day if purchased.

For a $10/day upgrade you can get the premium which is ANY drink up to $13 and canned pop and premium (pellegrino) bottled water- ANY size.

For the classic and premium if you want a drink above the limit you just pay the difference between $9 or $13 and the price of the drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You must add a gratuity of 18%.

so when i log into my reservation on the royal for 11/25, the AIBP is GONE and not replaced by anything yet. Wonder if i called if i could still get the old price..........:')

From what I have read from others, your package may not be gone, but you have to look in a different place (under bev packages, not just in your cruise personalizer? Not sure about that).

And 1 person posted he was very angry about this change and called to complain. A supervisor offered him OBC to make up the difference in new vs old package cost--he turned it down :D

Maybe you can call and ask for old price since they sprung this on us pretty quickly? They will say no, but might give you OBC.

Good luck

ML

Princess has become a clone of Holland America regarding policy. This is a Carnival thing.

HAL have a mirror drink package with exception that they offer two tiers of all inclusive, one for drinks to $9.00/15 drink limit and a premium package with drinks to $15.00/15 drink limit. Price: 72.67/day with tip !!!!

Princess' also has mirrored HAL's policy to pre-pay excursions.

HAL requires that all passengers 21 and over sharing the same cabin must purchase the all inclusive plan if anyone in the cabin purchased a plan.

Its all or none on HAL.

Is it the same now on Princess ?

Princess has been officially assimilated,

"Resistance is futile":o

So far the answer is no. One can buy the package and the others (21+) in the cabin do not have to buy it. I did notice that the limit is now $12 (was $10) which to me indicates they are raising the prices. i also noted that they now give a 25% discount on wine bottles where before it was 40%. It appears they have raised the price of the package $5/day to $59.99 plus gratuities. Before it was cheaper to buy it before one sailed and now I have no idea if it is cheaper before sailing or the day of sailing on the ship.

Celebrity has three packages, basic, classic and premium. (I might be wrong on the exact names - need more coffee)

Anyways, I'm not familiar with the basic but the classic is any drink up to $9, beer up to $6 and "basic" bottled water. That's what comes as part of booking balcony or above and is $55/ day if purchased.

For a $10/day upgrade you can get the premium which is ANY drink up to $13 and canned pop and premium (pellegrino) bottled water- ANY size.

For the classic and premium if you want a drink above the limit you just pay the difference between $9 or $13 and the price of the drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You must add a gratuity of 18%.

The only place the gratuity comes into play is for the $10 you pay to upgrade.

It's $10 + 18% so $11.80 to upgrade.

Otherwise the gratuity is included in the classic package that's included with a balcony cabin and the drink price limits (just as on Princess) are before gratuities.

I just checked the Celebity website - the Standard package is $45/pp/day + 18% so just under $54. The Classic is $55 + 18% so just under $66/pp/day and the Premium is $65 + 18% so just under $78/pp/day.

Celebrity used to charge more than Princess for drinks but with this latest change it's looking like that is changing.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

Last week before the increase was the cost of the Australian package AUD$72.16 (some as the other markets. Or was the price last week actually AUD 57.49.

The price has been $59AUD since it was made available here in Australia there is no gratuities added just a flat $59. The new price is $86.99AUD which is the same as the US price with gratuities converted from USD to AUD.

Otherwise the gratuity is included in the classic package that's included with a balcony cabin and the drink price limits (just as on Princess) are before gratuities.

I just checked the Celebity website - the Standard package is $45/pp/day + 18% so just under $54. The Classic is $55 + 18% so just under $66/pp/day and the Premium is $65 + 18% so just under $78/pp/day.

Celebrity used to charge more than Princess for drinks but with this latest change it's looking like that is changing.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

Yes, I know. I was just pointing out that the prices you listed in the other posts did not include the mandatory addition of the 18% gratuity.

The price has been $59AUD since it was made available here in Australia there is no gratuities added just a flat $59. The new price is $86.99AUD which is the same as the US price with gratuities converted from USD to AUD.

Thank you for the explanation. It looks like you are getting hit twice. Once for the 20% increase in the package costs and then the addition of the gratuity that was not charged previously.

Thank you for the explanation. It looks like you are getting hit twice. Once for the 20% increase in the package costs and then the addition of the gratuity that was not charged previously.

Not sure about being hit twice, gratuities are not charged on Australian ships as they are built into the fare and I guess for drinks they are built into the price of the drinks. So if that is the business model they are running then the previous package would have had the gratuities built in already as that is the way the market works down here.

Just got off the CB yesterday and BOGO $1 was not offered anymore. A bartender said some ships still have it.

Golden Princess operating in Australia no longer has the buy one get one for $1. There is a near mutiny on the ship.:evilsmile: Plus the big AIBP increase, it is a mutiny.

Golden Princess operating in Australia no longer has the buy one get one for $1. There is a near mutiny on the ship.:evilsmile: Plus the big AIBP increase, it is a mutiny.

Aside from the price increase of AIBP, "heated discussions"'of guests with the bartenders on our sailing also included the planned exclusion of 1.5L of bottled water and canned soda from the AIBP

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I know. I was just pointing out that the prices you listed in the other posts did not include the mandatory addition of the 18% gratuity.

Also, the classic package on Celebrity comes as part of booking your cabin, so if prices go down you can re-fare the cabin without losing the drink package. (We've done this so I know it can be done)

On Princess if we re-fare we lose the Sip and Sail.

Comparing the two Celebrity seems to be a better value.

We are not big drinkers but like the freedom of trying new things .

Aside from the price increase of AIBP, "heated discussions"'of guests with the bartenders on our sailing also included the planned exclusion of 1.5L of bottled water and canned soda from the AIBP

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not surprised at all.

Princess may need to re-think these two.