Healthy Smoothies

tweety522

I keep forgetting to mention smoothies on the post cruise survey. Need to make a note to include that request for a new option next time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

We just got off the Coral today and I have my survey waiting in my email so I will mention it! We do green smoothies at home and while I enjoy the break from them while we're away, I do usually find myself thinking I would like one or two during the week as I know I'm not consuming nearly enough veggies when we sail!

We just got off the Coral today and I have my survey waiting in my email so I will mention it! We do green smoothies at home and while I enjoy the break from them while we're away, I do usually find myself thinking I would like one or two during the week as I know I'm not consuming nearly enough veggies when we sail!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

We are sailing on the Ruby next and I was wondering is there an area to get Healthy Smoothies using fresh veggies and or fruit?

They do it with fruits. Maybe you can ask the bartender to try the veggies for you. They love to try new things, especially if you share with them your idea.

Healthy smoothie? Seems like a contradiction in terms considering how many carbs in the form of sugar are in those things. I guess I am with a few others. I'll take a few extra carbs with my vodka and water. :D

Greek yogurt or protein powder (neither of which is available on Princess), kale and frozen berries. No added sugar but carbs are a necessary part- the largest part- of food.

I, too, miss my morning smoothies when cruising, and it’s a great idea to mention them on a post-cruise survey. If they can offer a made to order omelet bar with loads of oil, they should be able to have a smoothie bar, too.

It's been a couple of years, and I can't remember if it was on the Regal or the Royal, but at breakfast they had a small section of the buffet where they were making smoothies. There was an extra charge, I think $5. I didn't pay that much attention as I wasn't in to smoothies at the time. Now I have a smoothie for breakfast quite often.

Kale... GAH!!! What is it with kale these days? If I want a smoothie I fill the blender with peaches, a little milk, maybe a dash of vanilla, and... a bit of sugar. Yes, sugar. Not a lot but enough to add a bit of extra sweetness. I am not putting kale into my drinks or my food. Blech... :eek:

Kale is tasteless in a smoothie when masked by berries. It’s a spinach smoothie I can’t abide. There is nothing that covers up that taste. But don’t fret. Kale will soon be passé, and we’ll then be blending chard and watercress smoothies.

Now that's funny right there. :) I totally agree with you. One fad comes in as another fad fades. Anybody for a "fidget spinner" or a "pet rock"?

Kale is tasteless in a smoothie when masked by berries. It’s a spinach smoothie I can’t abide. There is nothing that covers up that taste. But don’t fret. Kale will soon be passé, and we’ll then be blending chard and watercress smoothies.

I'm the opposite - I can always pick out the kale taste no matter what else is in the smoothie, but spinach completely disappears for me! I must be ahead of the times - I already add chard to my smoothies to mix up my greens, lol :cool:

We grow lots of kale too. We have a food dehydrator and we dry the kale in it. Then pulverize it in a blender or food processor. Make great kale powder that we add to shakes. We store it in glass jars.

Reduces the "kale taste" but gives us some of our greens.

• 10 months later...
Thanks for all the posts about smoothies. Some of you are very creative :). I'll see if I can get some to blend one for me and I will add it to the survey also.

Reviving an old thread here. We are going on our first 10 night cruise in October, and that is a long time to go without our green smoothies. We will be in a suite, so maybe the suite breakfast cook would do a custom smoothie?

Has anyone successfully brought an immersion (stick) blender on board and used it in their cabin?

Thanks.