3-Day Sky to the Bahamas

BirdTravels

Hi there! Thanks for doing this - I'm supposed to be on this sailing this coming Friday, any chance you could get your feelers out for me and see if they seem to have any idea what the plan is with Irma? Thanks so much!

The crew doesn't know anything right now. And Irma continues to change paths as a major hurricane.

NCL does a very good job in keeping its guests safe and comfortable. Guest don't always appreciate this. Last year, there was a near riot on the Breakaway when the captain changed itinerary after embarkation.

If Irma continues on its most likely path, it will be directly over the Bahamas on Saturday as a major hurricane. Today

May be the last Sky visit to GSC for a few weeks.

The crew doesn't know anything right now. And Irma continues to change paths as a major hurricane.

NCL does a very good job in keeping its guests safe and comfortable. Guest don't always appreciate this. Last year, there was a near riot on the Breakaway when the captain changed itinerary after embarkation.

If Irma continues on its most likely path, it will be directly over the Bahamas on Saturday as a major hurricane. Today

May be the last Sky visit to GSC for a few weeks.

Yes.. this is what we figured. Going for a bachelorette party. We figure worst case scenario we hang in Miami as long as we can, best case scenario, were on a ship with an open bar. Our attitude has kinda been as long as the booze is flowing, we don't care where we're going!

Yes.. this is what we figured. Going for a bachelorette party. We figure worst case scenario we hang in Miami as long as we can, best case scenario, were on a ship with an open bar. Our attitude has kinda been as long as the booze is flowing, we don't care where we're going!

Yes! Many people started at the top of the drink menu and tried to get to the bottom before sailaway.

If the hurricane heads to the Bahamas, the ship will go west somewhere.

Irma has been turning east, so hopefully it will stay clear of the Bahamas.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for posting this! Very much looking forward to visiting GSC on our rerouted Escape cruise in December. One question, everyone always says that GSC is a tall private island and that the UBP works and there is complimentary food, etc. But this map talks about billing drinks to your ship account? They aren't changing to a Harvest Caye model, are they???

Good Morning GSC! Calm seas today. We are lucky, 6 for 6 getting to GSC. Irma may change things in a week

255d9c09df9e377b4b5bef5a01c2e21a.jpg

62643d206c27bfb64a3c74d62476a8bf.jpg

8aec9d044127edac6399118d5f8b81d8.jpg

ca94d2c8aeb7cd33333cb715744fada1.jpg

e30c6e2a9481387f2ff57ceb944b9016.jpg

4fad9f49b15278f9cd5d35e992217178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for posting this! Very much looking forward to visiting GSC on our rerouted Escape cruise in December. One question, everyone always says that GSC is a tall private island and that the UBP works and there is complimentary food, etc. But this map talks about billing drinks to your ship account? They aren't changing to a Harvest Caye model, are they???

For the Sky, it is the open bar

For other ships (escape, breakaway, Epic, etc) your UBP works like on the ship. If you don't have a IBP, you pay by the drink,,,, like on the ship

For the Sky, it is the open bar

For other ships (escape, breakaway, Epic, etc) your UBP works like on the ship. If you don't have a IBP, you pay by the drink,,,, like on the ship

Ok, great! Thanks for clarifying. I do always forget that some people choose to sail without the UBP...