Greenwich instead of Tower Bridge for JR 2018 - disappointment!

almostnewtocruise

Miriam,

I understand your decision to cancel - this is no longer the cruise you want. I also am disappointed with Azamara about lack of communication.

But I don't understand your comment about the sail out time being delayed by 30 hours. Original sail out was 6 pm on Sep.10. New sail out time is 2:15 am on Sep. 11. To me, that's a delay of 8 hours. We board, spend the evening with first night activities, and the ship will begin sailing in the early morning. According to the new itinerary, our arrival at Bordeaux is 12 hours later than the original plan.

At least that's the way I read the updated itinerary. Does anyone else read it the way Miriam does?

At this point anything is possible. But while the embarking venue has been moved by "less than 4 miles", the sail out time has been moved ahead by 30 (!) hours. Hard to believe it's only because of those "unexpected" tides.. Especially as Google just told me that tides are totally predictable and well known decades ahead. :)

miriam

Miriam,

I understand your decision to cancel - this is no longer the cruise you want. I also am disappointed with Azamara about lack of communication.

But I don't understand your comment about the sail out time being delayed by 30 hours. Original sail out was 6 pm on Sep.10. New sail out time is 2:15 am on Sep. 11. To me, that's a delay of 8 hours. We board, spend the evening with first night activities, and the ship will begin sailing in the early morning. According to the new itinerary, our arrival at Bordeaux is 12 hours later than the original plan.

At least that's the way I read the updated itinerary. Does anyone else read it the way Miriam does?

Oh, I hope and wish your reading is the right one! (this is the way I read it the first time too :)) Now this is the way I see:

the old itinerary said : 10 Sept - Tower Bridge - embark - depart 6.00 PM

the new : 10 Sept - Greenwich - embark (no sailing hour)

old : 11 Sept. At Sea

new : 11 Sept Greenwich (London) tendered depart 2.15 AM..

old : 12 Sept. Bordeaux. arrive 8.30 PM

new : 12 Sept At sea

See my point? Technically you should be right as 2.15 AM always "belongs" to the next day. But pay attention to the fact that the "depart at 2.15 AM" doesn't follow the embarking on the 10th, but rather the day of 11 Sept. And it says that on Sept 11 we will still be in Greenwich - being "tendered".. (surely no need for that if we had already sailed after midnight?).

But I will be more than happy to know that I read it wrong!

By the way, the arrival to Bordeaux is now planned for like 15-16 hours later than before.

And no, I haven't cancelled. If I had I wouldn't still be here complaining.:)

Before I knew about the changes (and very very recently!) I managed to get tickets for the Harry Potter plays for the 9th of September 2018 (the day before our planned cruise). Whoever knows anything about these plays in London knows that's getting tickets to them is not a small achievement. So now our tickets and this cruise are connected forever, IF we had had been notified about the changes on time - as we should have been - then we wouldn't have committed ourselves to this specific date.

Hoping to hear that you are right..

miriam

I’ve just had a look at the itinerary and certainly on first reading it looks to me as if the ship leaves Greenwich at 2:15am on 11 September, but I agree that the fact that is says tendered that day gives rise to doubt. Maybe they’ve put tendered there as a warning that embarkation is by tender, as there isn’t room against 10 September.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve just had a look at the itinerary and certainly on first reading it looks to me as if the ship leaves Greenwich at 2:15am on 11 September, but I agree that the fact that is says tendered that day gives rise to doubt. Maybe they’ve put tendered there as a warning that embarkation is by tender, as there isn’t room against 10 September.

Or maybe they just didn't want to have 2 consecutive days "at sea" while the former itinerary had just one... ;)

Miriam, I completely understand your disappointment. This thread makes for very sad reading particularly as it comes shortly after the upset of those having to deal with the changes to their Transatlantic cruise in terms of both the date and the itinerary.

As a Londoner I agree with Mrs Miggins that Greenwich is a fabulous location BUT possibly doesn't have the cachet of Tower Bridge to someone who doesn't live here.

I work in communications and know from experience that people can be very forgiving of unexpected and unwelcome changes if they are informed in a professional and timely manner.

Like you, I am also a big fan of Azamara and am looking forward to my next cruise with them next month but Head Office really needs to get a grip. They are letting down loyal cruisers like you very badly

Miriam, I completely understand your disappointment. This thread makes for very sad reading particularly as it comes shortly after the upset of those having to deal with the changes to their Transatlantic cruise in terms of both the date and the itinerary.

As a Londoner I agree with Mrs Miggins that Greenwich is a fabulous location BUT possibly doesn't have the cachet of Tower Bridge to someone who doesn't live here.

I work in communications and know from experience that people can be very forgiving of unexpected and unwelcome changes if they are informed in a professional and timely manner.

Like you, I am also a big fan of Azamara and am looking forward to my next cruise with them next month but Head Office really needs to get a grip. They are letting down loyal cruisers like you very badly

I agree with you 200% about telling people being forgiving of unexpected and unwelcome changes if they are informed in a professional and timely manner.

I own a company that does direct mail coupon magazines. Because of Hurricane Irma our post office closed on September 8 which was the day the magazines were scheduled to be delivered by the trucking company to the post office. Needless to say no delivery. Then the main post office plant lost power. The magazines were delivered to the plant(main post office) this Monday and were delivered yesterday. I PERSONALLY called all 70 of my advertisers and explained what happened. I also tried to make a little joke saying people would probably have used them for toilet paper had they been in the homes mailboxes the week earlier............the week of the end of the hurricane. Only one client ended up being a PITA but all the others thanked me for the call and were happy they were a week late. I truly believe my taking the time to call them with assurance and an apology did the trick. While I am not saying Azamara is in a position to personally call each client affected by changes there is such a thing as certified mail where a person must sign for the delivery of a piece of mail. All the ill will could have been avoided with an apology and communication. When I have a client that is a PITA and complains I learned this from my old retail days. I apologize and say what would you like you me do? They usually then ask me for nothing. They just wanted to vent. Even offering someone a $50 OBC would help a little with the sting in this case or a free dinner at one of the specialty restaurants. Azamara customer service needs to learn how to handle disgruntled consumers before word gets out and even new people won;t want to book. I tell clients a company can spend millions on advertising however one persons bad mouthing a business can do more harm than all those millions spent to entice business.

Good luck to you. I wish I could see the shows. I LOVE theatre

Kathy

Or maybe they just didn't want to have 2 consecutive days "at sea" while the former itinerary had just one... ;)

Miriam, I'm only guessing here, but it is quite possible you'll be leaving at 2.15am from Greenwich even if you are tendered. It isn't a very long tender ride and this will give guests a longer stay and more chance to visit the centre of London if they want to. Also luggage delivery to the ship for a tender port may take longer? I'm not sure what time muster will take place. As mentioned above by Host Grandma tides I think may very well have a big part in it too. Not only for London, but Bordeaux which is tidal as well. Perhaps you are having to arrive later than the eight and a quarter hours rework because you missed the tide times. As I say, just a guess and I'm trying to think of it logically now the embarkation point has been changed. Not giving you any more comfort I'm afraid. At least you'll be going up the Garonne in the light of day and it isn't a Tilbury departure. Just trying to put a positive spin on it!

Phil

Hmmm, I don't want to hijack the thread into a discussion of timing and semantics but we will still be in Greenwich at 12:01 am on Sept. 11. Therefore I believe that the departure is at 2:15 am on the morning of Sep. 11 which means a delay of 8+ hours.

Under the new itinerary, we begin the morning (after 12:01 am) of Sep. 13 "At Sea" but it doesn't say that on the itinerary for Sep. 13. It says Bordeaux and the arrival time.

Regarding Bordeaux arrival time - our confirmation, dated July 24, 2017, says that we arrive in Bordeaux at 11:15 PM on Sep 12. (I have verified this several times already because of the coincidence with the new arrival time.) Hence the 12 hour difference I mentioned. So it appears that this is not the first change in timing. What's the date of your confirmation?

Oh, I hope and wish your reading is the right one! (this is the way I read it the first time too :)) Now this is the way I see:

the old itinerary said : 10 Sept - Tower Bridge - embark - depart 6.00 PM

the new : 10 Sept - Greenwich - embark (no sailing hour)

old : 11 Sept. At Sea

new : 11 Sept Greenwich (London) tendered depart 2.15 AM..

old : 12 Sept. Bordeaux. arrive 8.30 PM

new : 12 Sept At sea

See my point? Technically you should be right as 2.15 AM always "belongs" to the next day. But pay attention to the fact that the "depart at 2.15 AM" doesn't follow the embarking on the 10th, but rather the day of 11 Sept. And it says that on Sept 11 we will still be in Greenwich - being "tendered".. (surely no need for that if we had already sailed after midnight?).

But I will be more than happy to know that I read it wrong!

By the way, the arrival to Bordeaux is now planned for like 15-16 hours later than before.

And no, I haven't cancelled. If I had I wouldn't still be here complaining.:)

Before I knew about the changes (and very very recently!) I managed to get tickets for the Harry Potter plays for the 9th of September 2018 (the day before our planned cruise). Whoever knows anything about these plays in London knows that's getting tickets to them is not a small achievement. So now our tickets and this cruise are connected forever, IF we had had been notified about the changes on time - as we should have been - then we wouldn't have committed ourselves to this specific date.

Hoping to hear that you are right..

miriam

Hmmm, I don't want to hijack the thread into a discussion of timing and semantics but we will still be in Greenwich at 12:01 am on Sept. 11. Therefore I believe that the departure is at 2:15 am on the morning of Sep. 11 which means a delay of 8+ hours.

Under the new itinerary, we begin the morning (after 12:01 am) of Sep. 13 "At Sea" but it doesn't say that on the itinerary for Sep. 13. It says Bordeaux and the arrival time.

Regarding Bordeaux arrival time - our confirmation, dated July 24, 2017, says that we arrive in Bordeaux at 11:15 PM on Sep 12. (I have verified this several times already because of the coincidence with the new arrival time.) Hence the 12 hour difference I mentioned. So it appears that this is not the first change in timing. What's the date of your confirmation?

I can live with the delay of 8 hours.. Still the "Greenwich - tendered" on the new itinerary is, at best, misleading, even if maybe theoretically correct. I certainly doubt if there will be much "tendering" for the hour or so during which it may be still allowed (?) after midnight. The whole day of the 11th will eventually be "at sea".

We have actually 2 confirmations... As I mentioned before we had to rebook completely after we asked for the reduction of price (penalty and all). The dates are 21 July 2016 and 31 May 2017.

As far as the itineraries go , both confirmations are identical.

10 Sept - embark Tower bridge (depart 6 PM), 11 Sept - at sea. 12 Sept - arr. Bordeaux 11.15 PM. (!). Apparently the same as yours..

The new itinerary has arrival at Bordeaux on the 13.. at 11.15 AM . Yes, 12 hours later than the original. That's why I think that your interpretation of the itinerary is probably correct. No way we could make up for that many lost hours just in 12.

By the way, I can't decide if the fact that on the 24th of July this year (just 2 months ago!) they still sold this cruise with the old and (by then) incorrect itinerary makes me feel better or worse..

And , if I may ask, how did YOU hear about the changes? Have you or your TA been notified? Just curious..

Miriam

Like you, and apparently most other folks, we heard about it here. No notice yet to TA or us. As I mentioned before, we are also disappointed by the lack of communication but the changes are not enough for us to consider cancelling - so far.

BTW, we have disembarked from 2 Silversea cruises at the Tower Bridge. The first time was the day after the Olympics and it was impressive to watch the sun rise over the Tower and also see the Olympic rings hanging from the bridge. We think Greenwich will be a change of scenery, but that's just us ....

Best of luck to you while you consider your options.

I was informed (as a TA) weeks ago now. Sorry I have to lay some blame on your TA (or the consortium/host agency they belong to) for you not being informed about the change. Granted, the formal announcement was not made to TA's before the change was made online ( which is not right) but we were all informed.

I don't like the change of itinerary having us arrive in Bordeaux later and I plan to pursue the reason for it. I don't believe the tides have any bearing on it but I don't know. I'm going to have a wonderful time regardless. It's still a great itinerary!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was informed (as a TA) weeks ago now. Sorry I have to lay some blame on your TA (or the consortium/host agency they belong to) for you not being informed about the change. Granted, the formal announcement was not made to TA's before the change was made online ( which is not right) but we were all informed.

I don't like the change of itinerary having us arrive in Bordeaux later and I plan to pursue the reason for it. I don't believe the tides have any bearing on it but I don't know. I'm going to have a wonderful time regardless. It's still a great itinerary!!

Laurie, can you please find the original email in which you've been informed about the changes and tell us the date of it? I would like to share this information with my TA. I still totally believe that she hasn't been notified (as it apparently happened to others). But I would like to know if it indeed coincided with Irma (that was one of the explanations given to her).

Of course this doesn't matter that much.. As you said - the information has been given to you only after the website was modified. And probably many months after it had been decided.

( I am monitoring the website to see if/when the "3 days in Bordeaux" are changed. maybe never.. maybe nobody really reads or cares what we write here ;) )

miriam

I am sure Azamara do read Cruise Critic and they do take action in some cases. For example, when they were planning the huge refurbishments a couple of years ago, they released plans to put an Asian Fusion restaurant in the Windows Sunset Bar. There was a huge outcry against this on Cruise Critic, and the plans were dropped.

I am sure Azamara do read Cruise Critic and they do take action in some cases. For example, when they were planning the huge refurbishments a couple of years ago, they released plans to put an Asian Fusion restaurant in the Windows Sunset Bar. There was a huge outcry against this on Cruise Critic, and the plans were dropped.

And thus the issues with the home office that they only take action in those cases that suit them and not those cases when they mess up and refuse to admit their failings or apologize for their deception and unfair practices.

And thus the issues with the home office that they only take action in those cases that suit them and not those cases when they mess up and refuse to admit their failings or apologize for their deception and unfair practices.

I really doubt that Azamara, and its parent RCCL, purposely practices "deception and unfair practices." We have to remember that it is a for-profit business and also responsible for the safety of its guests. The company makes logical decisions based on many issues, security and tides just a very few. My understanding from a Azamara captain some 4 years ago, headquarters proposes cruise routes and cities to the captain about 3 years out. The captain, First officer and navigator then go over the route in detail: timing, safety, tides, security, "can we get there from here safely," etc. That study is then returned to headquarters for their review and critic, sent back to the ship and reviewed, then back to headquarters. Three years out! Things change over a three year period.

Captains/Masters also have great discretion and are responsible for ship and passenger safety. A captain may make the call that he doesn't believe one mooring/anchor location is beneficial for ship/passenger safety and selected another. Can occur a year out or a day out. Changes may or may not be relayed to the scribes who post schedules in a timely manner... Has happened to me several times on all cruise lines. Azamara deferred a port in Egypt for an additional day in the Sinai, Istanbul was changed as a departure port requiring airline and hotel changes, and now have had a one whole month date advance for a cruise (two years out). Life is an adventure. Nothing is given, especially anything dealing with the seas. "Bloom were you are planted."

I really doubt that Azamara, and its parent RCCL, purposely practices "deception and unfair practices." We have to remember that it is a for-profit business and also responsible for the safety of its guests. The company makes logical decisions based on many issues, security and tides just a very few. My understanding from a Azamara captain some 4 years ago, headquarters proposes cruise routes and cities to the captain about 3 years out. The captain, First officer and navigator then go over the route in detail: timing, safety, tides, security, "can we get there from here safely," etc. That study is then returned to headquarters for their review and critic, sent back to the ship and reviewed, then back to headquarters. Three years out! Things change over a three year period.

Captains/Masters also have great discretion and are responsible for ship and passenger safety. A captain may make the call that he doesn't believe one mooring/anchor location is beneficial for ship/passenger safety and selected another. Can occur a year out or a day out. Changes may or may not be relayed to the scribes who post schedules in a timely manner... Has happened to me several times on all cruise lines. Azamara deferred a port in Egypt for an additional day in the Sinai, Istanbul was changed as a departure port requiring airline and hotel changes, and now have had a one whole month date advance for a cruise (two years out). Life is an adventure. Nothing is given, especially anything dealing with the seas. "Bloom were you are planted."

Thanks for the reply. Of course itineraries change and that is clearly covered in the T's and C's. That's not where the unfair and deceptive practices are. It is how these changes are handled after the decision is made and how the company treats the affected ex passengers that are questionable.

Azamara appears to have a history of making changes and then not promptly notifying the affected passengers or TA's and sometimes not at all. Then when there is actually a notification, it is poorly put together with many errors and omissions as well as comments from the executive office not being followed.

It's not the changes that many of us are fed up with, it is how the changes are handled that is the problem. And, even after many people comment on the lack of transparency, the company continues to mishandle how changes are handled with nary a correction or apology for not following what they say will occur.

The sign of an excellent company is how changes are handled and conveyed to the customer and how errors are corrected and not allowed to continue for change after change after change.

Laurie, can you please find the original email in which you've been informed about the changes and tell us the date of it? I would like to share this information with my TA. I still totally believe that she hasn't been notified (as it apparently happened to others). But I would like to know if it indeed coincided with Irma (that was one of the explanations given to her).

Of course this doesn't matter that much.. As you said - the information has been given to you only after the website was modified. And probably many months after it had been decided.

( I am monitoring the website to see if/when the "3 days in Bordeaux" are changed. maybe never.. maybe nobody really reads or cares what we write here ;) )

miriam

Miriam

I live in Broward County/Ft. Lauderdale. The RCCL/Azamara corporate office is in Dade County/ Miami. Both counties are joined at the hip when it comes to anything. Here is the time line of Irma and power outages if this will help you. Most businesses including the U.S. Post office closed on Friday September 8. The major part of the hurricane was Saturday and Sunday the 9th and 10th and where millions of people me included lost power. It took FPL our power company until the very last of the people had power until September 16 one week later. I had mine back on Thursday the 14th. Most people had it back on Wed and Thur. A lot of businesses had power earlier. Since RCCL headquarters is located in an affluent area I would say they had power much earlier like the beginning of the week. So bottom line is if they are blaming the notification process on Irma you are correct it would depend on the date the TA's that say received it. At least you can kind of figure things out when you find out the when when the alleged notification was sent and when Azamara might have had no power to send anything based on what I said above.

Kathy

Just saw Lauries email below. We posted at the same time. So clearly they had power and it cannot be blamed on Irma. She did enough damage and caused enough havoc this is obviously not one of them

Edited by rabin1

miriam

The email was sent from azamara on Friday September 8th

I too thank Globehoppers for the reminder that many things can impact an itinerary that was designed years in advance.

Here's some background I've been sent re this particular itinerary:

While we have been able to do our operation in the past at Tower Bridge, the Port Authority no longer allows it. That is the reason for the change to Greenwich.

Also the Port Authority just provided the tidal charts for September 2018 and our schedule is subject to the tides in both the River Thames as well as the tides in the river going up to Bordeaux.

Now, instead of arriving in Bordeaux at 11pm (approx) we will arrive now at 11:15am the next morning.

I too thank Globehoppers for the reminder that many things can impact an itinerary that was designed years in advance.

Here's some background I've been sent re this particular itinerary:

While we have been able to do our operation in the past at Tower Bridge, the Port Authority no longer allows it. That is the reason for the change to Greenwich.

Also the Port Authority just provided the tidal charts for September 2018 and our schedule is subject to the tides in both the River Thames as well as the tides in the river going up to Bordeaux.

Now, instead of arriving in Bordeaux at 11pm (approx) we will arrive now at 11:15am the next morning.

Bonnie, am I right to understand then that our sail time would have changed even if we were embarking at Tower Bridge?

Bonnie, am I right to understand then that our sail time would have changed even if we were embarking at Tower Bridge?

Hi Laurieb, that's my understanding. There seem to be two separate issues according to the Port Agent and our Itinerary Department.

As for the OP's third issue, her TA not receiving notice, I'd suggest checking what email address the TA has set up as the email of record for her booking. Notices went out to all emails of record connected to this itinerary.

Globehoppers, thank you for a very informative post. Its very interesting hearing how itineraries are put together and reviewed. It helps to understand why and how changes come to be made.

Grandma...it does "help to understand why and how SOME changes come to be made"...not all. I have recently been impacted by TWO changes which had nothing to do with a port authority/tides or a decision by a Captain.

The 1st was the fall T/A on Quest for '18 which was impacted because the ship was let out to a charter. Date moved forward a month and new embarkation port in a different country. Learned about this via CC...and my TA NEVER got a notice/email...nothing until I alerted him. Offered same price for a cruise that was 3 nights less...many of us on this cruise felt that this entire event was a joke at best!! And many did not re-book the new cruise...especially since we were told at first that our existing cabins were to be "put up for sale" to others before we were able to make a decision.

2nd was the fall '19 T/P from Alaska to Japan...moved forward a month into August when there is concern re weather/storms etc. Reason for this?...not sure but some on CC thought it was because Alaska isn't selling well and Japan might sell better. Was told the same price would be honored...new invoice appears to be less $$ but that is because of some interesting "accounting"...the basic fare went UP by $100 pp but the port charges went down (but still the same ports of call????) ...my TA is still trying to sort that one out!!!! As we were told AZ would honor our existing price point.

I really like AZ as do you! But let's call a "spade a spade" and please try to understand that these changes...some made because of port authorities/tides and/or the desire to make more $$ on the part of AZ...need to be dealt with in a fair and up-front manner...and not hidden behind closed doors. Yes...these cruises are not tomorrow..but AZ has customers who make plans and pay $$ and deserve to be alerted to changes in a timely and fair manner! Do you not think this is a basic rule of good business practice? LuAnn

Grandma...it does "help to understand why and how SOME changes come to be made"...not all. I have recently been impacted by TWO changes which had nothing to do with a port authority/tides or a decision by a Captain.

The 1st was the fall T/A on Quest for '18 which was impacted because the ship was let out to a charter. Date moved forward a month and new embarkation port in a different country. Learned about this via CC...and my TA NEVER got a notice/email...nothing until I alerted him. Offered same price for a cruise that was 3 nights less...many of us on this cruise felt that this entire event was a joke at best!! And many did not re-book the new cruise...especially since we were told at first that our existing cabins were to be "put up for sale" to others before we were able to make a decision.

2nd was the fall '19 T/P from Alaska to Japan...moved forward a month into August when there is concern re weather/storms etc. Reason for this?...not sure but some on CC thought it was because Alaska isn't selling well and Japan might sell better. Was told the same price would be honored...new invoice appears to be less $$ but that is because of some interesting "accounting"...the basic fare went UP by $100 pp but the port charges went down (but still the same ports of call????) ...my TA is still trying to sort that one out!!!! As we were told AZ would honor our existing price point.

I really like AZ as do you! But let's call a "spade a spade" and please try to understand that these changes...some made because of port authorities/tides and/or the desire to make more $$ on the part of AZ...need to be dealt with in a fair and up-front manner...and not hidden behind closed doors. Yes...these cruises are not tomorrow..but AZ has customers who make plans and pay $$ and deserve to be alerted to changes in a timely and fair manner! Do you not think this is a basic rule of good business practice? LuAnn

+1000, well put LuAnn. And as far at the "tides" only being provided recently. Did some research and tides are predicted with accuracy 50 years or more in advance and past tides can be known with great accuracy back hundreds and thousands of years and this change is actually for 2 different ports. So is that story which am sure was told to Bonnie by the home office just another Red Herring to avoid the likely fact that all of the planning before the cruise was put on sale was not properly calculated?? And, as LuAnn accurately stated the 2018 TA debacle was created by Azamara to increase profits, nothing to do with tides, port clutter or any other items beyond Azamara's control. The tides issue reminds me of another cruise line that has for the past few years modified port time in Miramar due to tides issues just after final payment and cancellation penalties have kicked in. Very healthy discussion regarding the facts that tides tables are available years in advance and people are justifiably upset about the loss of full days in port. This continues unabated and is sure to lose them customers but, that cruise line persists even though they have been found out as such a small number of cruisers are on CC and most people simply believe the false excuse.

And, don't forget the fact that Bonnie was told to inform the CC people that the affected cruises would be back on the website the end of the week when they were cancelled. All customers want and expect is the truth when it is firmly known and not some red herrings or information that quickly proves to not have been true.

Edited by rallydave

The email was sent from azamara on Friday September 8th

Miriam

I live in Broward County/Ft. Lauderdale. The RCCL/Azamara corporate office is in Dade County/ Miami. Both counties are joined at the hip when it comes to anything. Here is the time line of Irma and power outages if this will help you. Most businesses including the U.S. Post office closed on Friday September 8. The major part of the hurricane was Saturday and Sunday the 9th and 10th and where millions of people me included lost power. It took FPL our power company until the very last of the people had power until September 16 one week later. I had mine back on Thursday the 14th. Most people had it back on Wed and Thur. A lot of businesses had power earlier. Since RCCL headquarters is located in an affluent area I would say they had power much earlier like the beginning of the week. So bottom line is if they are blaming the notification process on Irma you are correct it would depend on the date the TA's that say received it. At least you can kind of figure things out when you find out the when when the alleged notification was sent and when Azamara might have had no power to send anything based on what I said above.

Kathy

Just saw Lauries email below. We posted at the same time. So clearly they had power and it cannot be blamed on Irma. She did enough damage and caused enough havoc this is obviously not one of them

Laurie, thanks for the date.. and Kathy, thanks for the Floridian perspective about Irma! :)

OK.. so let's see.. If "my" email had been indeed sent on the same date as Laurie's, it would have been just before Irma struck. There is still a possibility that my TA office wouldn't have seen it on the same date as they too are located in Florida. More specifically in Boca Raton (no idea how affected THEY were by Irma?). Maybe they were already closed .

I'll ask her to check again the mails from the 8th and later.. But, as I am hardly the only one here who learned about the changes from CC, I sincerely doubt if they will find anything.

To Bonnie.. First, thank you very much for coming on the thread and trying to clear things up. I really appreciate it!

Still, I wish I could believe that the lack of communication has something to do with a wrong email address (or something simple as that). We are talking about quite a large agency through which we've done a number of bookings with Azamara. Both us and the agency have been on Azamara files for quite a while

Also, I wish you could find out how come that there were people (Azamara "insiders" :)) who knew such a long time ago about the change of venues, while all the rest of us did not. When exactly did the London Port Authority notify Azamara that the Tower Bridge is "out"? Why wait until the 8 of September (apparently after the website has been already partly modified) to let at least some of the TAs know about the changes?

You know, maybe these changes per se are indeed inevitable.. Either because of changed regulations by a third part or because somebody screwed up by not checking the tides on time. But the communication part could have been dealt in a much better way. That's for sure.

And it's time to change the "3 days in Bordeaux" on the website.. :)

miriam