Ocean Cay delayed until (at least) March, 2019 ....

Dr. Cocktail

Even though I'm really disappointed by this news, thank you for sharing so people are aware.

This was the port I was most looking forward to and it annoys me that I haven't had so much as one email about this change.

I have to do some serious thinking now about whether or not I still want to cruise Seaside. As much as I love St Martin, it now means the itinerary includes 2 cruise ports we've already been to. Given the expense of flying half way around the world to get to the Caribbean, we like to try something different.

Does anyone know my rights regarding the non-refundable deposit, if I decide to cancel due to this change of itinerary?

TIA

Tia ... you will have to check the Terms and Conditions for your area, I have been advised by MSC that I can change the date of our Xmas sailing to one in the future but would have to pay the same or a higher fare if we decided to change. Here we lose the Deposit as you do if we cancel.

Change of itinerary would not get the deposit back as it is not classed as a "significant change"

Thanks for the reply Sidari. Browsing through my terms and conditions it appears my cancellation policy is similar to yours.

I'm feeling quite disappointed, as this Port was a swinging decider between this cruise and a few others. With my cruise still a whole 15 months out, this cancellation feels quite different to a last minute weather change. Also, I'm annoyed that MSC have not yet been forethcoming about the change and used good customer service skills to suggest alternative options.

Oh well, no point in moaning about it on Cruise Critic I guess. I just need to do some serious thinking and decide where to go from here.

Thank you for the update. We're booked on the Seaside in the Royal Suite for March 23. 2019 and we just received the email from our TA that the itinerary was changed. Ocean Cay is not longer on the March 2019 itinerary. We too, are a little disappointed since we've been to all of these ports (except for Puerto Rico).

We're booked in the Yacht Club and so we're going to try to look for another sailing with availability in the Yacht Club. We were looking forward to Ocean Cay.

Thank you for the update. We're booked on the Seaside in the Royal Suite for March 23. 2019....We're booked in the Yacht Club and so we're going to try to look for another sailing with availability in the Yacht Club. We were looking forward to Ocean Cay.
Your sailing is currently the furthest date out that is currently available to make a booking. Sailings starting on March 30, 2019 have not opened up yet. We too were looking forward to Ocean Cay on our January 2018 sailing and especially the section that is reserved for those staying in the Yacht Club. Contemplated cancelling, but decided to go through with it to enjoy the brand new ship and if all goes well, we'll just re-book for 2020.