Thermal Spa-epic

samantha1904

Thermal Suite passes are sold for the duration of your cruise. At the discretion of the spa staff and if full-length passes are not sold out, the spa may sell daily passes. These are usually only on port days when the ship is empty (i.e., never of sea days). If you purchase the pass online, there will be a discount over what you would pay onboard. The Epic has one of the nicest Thermal Suites in the fleet. Buy a pass. Enjoy.

Thermal Suite passes are sold for the duration of your cruise. At the discretion of the spa staff and if full-length passes are not sold out, the spa may sell daily passes. These are usually only on port days when the ship is empty (i.e., never of sea days). If you purchase the pass online, there will be a discount over what you would pay onboard. The Epic has one of the nicest Thermal Suites in the fleet. Buy a pass. Enjoy.

I bought passes for upcoming cruise online. Will be therapeutic after 8 hr tours of Italy. Looking forward to thermal lounges. Thermal therapies are supposed to be good for DH' s stage IV prostate cancer. It will be his birthday present:D

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Getaway and Escape and bought the pass for both ships. They were very similar, but I did like Escape a tiny bit more than Getaway. Why do you say Epic has one of the nicest thermal suites in the fleet? I'm curious as I'm boarding Epic in November and I've bought the pass again. I like the peace and quiet that one usually finds in there. ;) TIA

I bought passes for upcoming cruise online. Will be therapeutic after 8 hr tours of Italy. Looking forward to thermal lounges. Thermal therapies are supposed to be good for DH' s stage IV prostate cancer. It will be his birthday present:D

I'm sorry to hear about your husband.... I hope you enjoy your cruise and the thermal suites. :)

I was on Getaway and Escape and bought the pass for both ships. They were very similar, but I did like Escape a tiny bit more than Getaway. Why do you say Epic has one of the nicest thermal suites in the fleet? I'm curious as I'm boarding Epic in November and I've bought the pass again. I like the peace and quiet that one usually finds in there. ;) TIA

Epic has an open air balcony looking over aft of ship

A few padded loungers out there but can be difficult to find vacant one during busy times

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few things,,,

On the BA and GA, the moved the saunas to the interior so you're in a box. On the Escape, the have a window. On the Epic, there are large picture windows to watch the ocean pass by.

As mentioned, the aft balcony.

The saunas and steam rooms in the locker rooms in addition to the coed areas.

The separate relaxation rooms.

A few things,,,

On the BA and GA, the moved the saunas to the interior so you're in a box. On the Escape, the have a window. On the Epic, there are large picture windows to watch the ocean pass by.

As mentioned, the aft balcony.

The saunas and steam rooms in the locker rooms in addition to the coed areas.

The separate relaxation rooms.

I did LOVE the windows in the sauna rooms on Escape. Was in there when we sailed out of one of the ports and it was gorgeous.

So, they have separate rooms? That might be good as the only loud people I encountered in the suites before were guys drinking beer. They were so loud, they chased a lot of people away that day, including myself.

So, they have separate rooms? That might be good as the only loud people I encountered in the suites before were guys drinking beer. They were so loud, they chased a lot of people away that day, including myself.

On Epic, there is only one relaxation room. We've found it to be generally quiet. On Dawn, DH found the separate Men's relaxation room to be just as you described. (Epic has us spoiled.) Also on Dawn, I had to request the in-house TV commercials in Women's area (which played continuously) be muted as the remote was not in the room. OTOH, the conversation levels in the Epic spa hot tub can get very loud.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

On Epic, there is only one relaxation room. We've found it to be generally quiet. On Dawn, DH found the separate Men's relaxation room to be just as you described. (Epic has us spoiled.) Also on Dawn, I had to request the in-house TV commercials in Women's area (which played continuously) be muted as the remote was not in the room. OTOH, the conversation levels in the Epic spa hot tub can get very loud.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I like being spoiled ;) I'm so looking forward to my cruise in November and the Thermal Suites! Funny that your husband said the same thing. I have no problem with people drinking and having a good time, but I do not think alcohol should be allowed in the TS just because it's a place for peace and relaxation and alcohol generally creates the opposite. I can't even imagine what those commercials would have been like.

And yeah, trying to talk over the noise of the jets can be difficult. I'm always in there alone, so I generally tend to be very quiet. People stare if I talk to myself. LOL

I bought the thermal suite pass for my sailing in November. Three questions I have....what are the hours? Do they provide alcoholic beverage or can I bring some in? A nice glass of wine would be enjoyable while relaxing! And is swimwear required? I don't want to walk in there and people be in their birthday suits!

I bought the thermal suite pass for my sailing in November. Three questions I have....what are the hours? Do they provide alcoholic beverage or can I bring some in? A nice glass of wine would be enjoyable while relaxing! And is swimwear required? I don't want to walk in there and people be in their birthday suits!

opening hours not sure

no alcoholic beverages provided

iced water only

if they allow you to bring in a glass of wine from external bar make sure is in plastic glass-am sure you can imagine dangers of broken glass in area where people in bare feet

swimwear required in co ed areas

trying to remember whether there are same sex saunas etc on Epic where you may encounter people of your same sex without their swimsuits!

Epic has my favorite spa at sea. Hours were longer than I imagined (open later than I thought but I can't remember exactly. Might be 11pm).

You can bring in drinks- plastic glass as previous poster stated.

There are beautiful floor to ceiling glass sauna and steam in same sex area. You might encounter no bathing suite, but most wore one. Loved the loungers facing aft! So envious. They tried to sell me salts for $19. Bring your own :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk