German guests, NCL wants you!

Jbrattoncruise

I'm sure this will get a lot more attention in the coming days/ weeks.

I'm interested in seeing the logic behind the decision to make NCL premium all-inclusive for German guests. How is this fair? I have my ideas but I'm sure many of you would just like to prove them incorrect, so I'll let everyone else discuss.

And go.

I don't want to take credit from anyone. Look under #norwegianescape on a popular social photo sharing app.

What do you mean you don't want to take credit from anyone? It's not like we are a bunch of Anderson Coopers vying for a news Emmy or something. Post the info already. Jeesh.

German here!

Crew Gratuities included, wow, that is good deal along with the UBP and the included drink-gratuities.

They were running a promo with the option to choose from WiFi, UDP, UBP or OBC. We booked a M6 and an interior room and got the UBP with drink-gratuities included. That was one reason we booked NCL.

NCL is rather unknown here in Germany, along with Carnival, Royal Caribbean etc.

Popular cruise ships are "Mein Schiff (1-4)" or everything AIDA...

Edited by AllureOfVacation

I realize that places have had the choice of two promos. That is different. This promo for German guests is all-inclusive. Icluding gratuities. Including coffees.

It's just confusing to me.

How many different promos can NCL create? UDP, SDP... UBP, corks and caps, GAI?

UBP plus grat (and bottle of water for each pax in stateroom each day), DSC.

A good offer but not as premium as all perks, which probably has to remain an Haven perk.

No mention of which cat. the offer is valid for? And coffees included in the German All Inlcusive (GAI is a nice one), is that also new or did I miss out?

Edited by FreestyleNovice

NCL is rather unknown here in Germany, along with Carnival, Royal Caribbean etc.

Popular cruise ships are "Mein Schiff (1-4)" or everything AIDA...

German is the third served language on European sailings on board NCL, after English and Spanish. Agreed NCL isn't a market leader but I wouldn't call NCL unknown.

This is the first I have ever seen of speciality coffee being included in any beverage package on NCL. The promo doesn't mention specialty dining?

Also, I'm sure the currency exchange would work out in the favor of those paying with US dollars, but it still just seems unjust to me.

Please, genuinely, someone give me an example of special pricing for a certain group of citizens to drive business? My small brain can't recall any.

This is obviously no offense to German guests. I love Germany, and it's (her?) citizens. :)

I don't think it is a promotion but rather the new permanent way to sell cruises in the German speaking countries(Austria and Switzerland are included in that as well).

For most people it won't be such a great deal. I can see at the moment how less and how cheap drinks many of the guests with promotional UBP consume. The now included service charge was something German guests so far could get refunded which is probably not possible in the future.

Interesting will be if there are any exceptions, very last minute bookings, >20 days long cruises, ...

This is the first I have ever seen of speciality coffee being included in any beverage package on NCL. The promo doesn't mention specialty dining?

Also, I'm sure the currency exchange would work out in the favor of those paying with US dollars, but it still just seems unjust to me.

Please, genuinely, someone give me an example of special pricing for a certain group of citizens to drive business? My small brain can't recall any.

This is obviously no offense to German guests. I love Germany, and it's (her?) citizens. :)

NCl regularly offers rates in the UK not available in other regions and solo deals are often regional. They offered a load of insides on the Epic cheap a few weks back for Jan Feb cruises.

The choice offers have been different since day 1 Dec last year.

Europe prices sometimes vary by region there were some spanish special deals recently.

If you was a specific example go look at star TA prices on the solo thread.

Edited by insidecabin

Interesting will be if there are any exceptions, very last minute bookings, >20 days long cruises, ...
No restrictions mentioned in the accompanying text, but the bookings don't start until December 7th, for cruises sailing after January 1.

Nothing on the NCL.de website for the moment. I suppose they will post more details when the promo actually starts (and we can check the prices they are offering compared to NCL's other offices).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Agreed, this is pretty bad.

Someone will surely flounce in and say "well, cruisers are welcome to do the research at all the various sites and currencies and price out what package is best for them". While that's true in theory, in practice it's just NCL holding out on people.

"how is this fair?"

Is the AARP discount unfair? Veterans discount? And you realize that sometimes particular state residents even get discounts with cruise lines, retailers, etc., right? Some colleges/universities offer in-state or legacy tuition discounts. Let's not forget loyalty perks (e.g., Latitudes Program). Why do you expect everyone to get the same cost and promos?

It's how the world works. Good for NCL for aggressively going after a market they want to woo.

Edited by weltek