Scooter Rental Comparisons

ladylyn915

I apologize for the duplicate thread - I somehow posted about scooters on the Florida departure board

This is the first time I plan to use a scooter on my upcoming cruise.

Does anyone know why Special Needs at Sea rents The Pride Go Go Sport for $208 including insurance and Scootaround charges $275 for what I think is the same product?

I'm a believer in 'you get what you pay for'. Is there any reason there is a $67 difference?

Thanks

Lin

I apologize for the duplicate thread - I somehow posted about scooters on the Florida departure board

This is the first time I plan to use a scooter on my upcoming cruise.

Does anyone know why Special Needs at Sea rents The Pride Go Go Sport for $208 including insurance and Scootaround charges $275 for what I think is the same product?

I'm a believer in 'you get what you pay for'. Is there any reason there is a $67 difference?

Thanks

Lin

Are you certain the quotes are both for the same scooter ? Scooteraround's quote out of Florida might actually be for a Pride Victory and not a GoGo Sport.

Personally I have always found a negligible difference between price but a significant difference in service. Been a long time customer of CareVacations and stayed with them when Scootaround bought them out.

For reference this past March I rented a Pride GoGo Sport from Scooteraround out of Port Canaveral. Rental cost for scooter plus insurance was $215.00. For the $7.00 more I rented from Scootaround as I'm part of their loyalty program and my next rental will be free.

This is the description Scootaround sent via email. The price was $175 + $90 insurance + $10 cancellation fee. Special needs just gave me a total quote that included insurance over the phone and said it was a Pride Go Go Sport. Do you think maybe Special Needs just has older equipment?

Scooter – Transportable: Pride Go Go Sport - 3 Wheels

Weight Capacity: 325 lbs.

Overall Width: 21.25”

Overall Height: 36”

Overall Length: 43”

Weight with battery: Approx.120 lbs

This is the description Scootaround sent via email. The price was $175 + $90 insurance + $10 cancellation fee.

Scooter – Transportable: Pride Go Go Sport - 3 Wheels

Weight Capacity: 325 lbs.

Overall Width: 21.25”

Overall Height: 36”

Overall Length: 43”

Weight with battery: Approx.120 lbs

I suggest you go back to Scootaround to recheck the $90.00 insurance quote. Looked back through my 2016/2017 rentals for a Pride GoGo Sport and it was $40.00 for all 3 Scoot around rental agreements.

SpecialNeedsatSeas as well as Scootaounrd both offer a standard cancelation period for not charge. Scootaround's $10.00 cancelation fee is in addition to its standard cancelation terms . The $10.00 fee is optional but the nice thing about it is that allows you to cancel without penalty outside the period of the standard cancelation terms.

Important to note that depending on your homeowner's insurance and or terms of the credit card use you already be covered for Theft and or Damage for the mobility scooter . Which would mean insurance may not be necessary to be purchase through either vendor.

. Special needs just gave me a total quote that included insurance over the phone and said it was a Pride Go Go Sport. Do you think maybe Special Needs just has older equipment?

Called SpecialNeedsatSeas and asked them for a quote for a 7 day cruise out of Port Canaveral Florida. Rep told me the quote was for a "Pride GoGo". Asked if that was a Pride GoGo Sport ? Rep advised if was for the bPride GoGo and not the Pride GoGo Sport. I than went back and asked specifically what the model was and was told the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus same as show in its website. The website does indeed show a photo of the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler Plus which is not the same as the Pride GoGo Sport. For reference there are a total of 7 models of scooters in Pride GoGo series so it's important to make certain that you comparing like models.

Models can vary depending on the port as well as the inventory of scooters that both companies have available as each port.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I wonder if you are reading too much into a price difference. Companies set their rental fees based on their costs plus, and there are lots of reasons different companies would have different costs at different ports. When I rented, I just went with the better price (which happened to be Scootaround at that port at that time) and had no problems with the scooter. Also ask if that insurance covers damage or theft and if you have to pay a deductible - that is anotherr possible explanation for the price difference.

xxooCruiser - Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that research. Firstly, I should have mentioned I am cruising out of Miami on an 8 day cruise.

The Scootaround website indicates that there are two types of insurance offered. Equipment Proctection Plan (EPP) Basic - $5 a day ($45) for damage with a $50 deductible. EPP Plus - $10 a day($90) for damage and/or loss with a $50/$250 deductible.

I did ask Special Needs if the included insurance was for damage AND loss. I was told yes. However, I did not ask about the deductibles as mamasylvia mentioned. I will call them.

I have contacted three of my CC companies and they would not provide coverage for the scooter. I will check my homeowners policy.

Special Needs did not offer a cancellation fee. But, when I spoke to Scootaround, and asked about the $10 fee, the rep did not give me any indication there was any free cancellation period.

Finally, you are right, there are definite differences in the Go Go Elite Traveller Plus and Go Go Sport. But, I don't know that those differences would be important to me. I can walk but I have bad knees and an arthritic back so long distances are problematic and this ship is big! As long as the scooter functions, I will be happy. I only plan to take it off ship on Grand Turk and Curacao.

My next moves will be to check with my Homeowners Insurance Company and call Special Needs to find out about the deductible.

Again thanks for all the insights.

I wonder if you are reading too much into a price difference. Companies set their rental fees based on their costs plus, and there are lots of reasons different companies would have different costs at different ports. When I rented, I just went with the better price (which happened to be Scootaround at that port at that time) and had no problems with the scooter. Also ask if that insurance covers damage or theft and if you have to pay a deductible - that is anotherr possible explanation for the price difference.

You are absolutely right! I over-think everything. As I already mentioned I will check with homeowner insurance company.

> there are definite differences in the Go Go Elite Traveller Plus and Go Go Sport

Here is something else you can overthink. lol Have you ever used a scooter before? If so, what did you like or dislike about it? If not, consider this a learning experience and research both models. Some features that may or may not matter to you: weight capacity, top speed, range (usually given in miles but bear in mind those numbers are under OPTIMUM conditions and you may not get close to them in real life), onboard charger (much easier to use on a cruise than a scooter you have to remove the battery from to charge it), seat height (my folding scooter has a seat height of only 22", which is kind of like sitting on a low stool). If it automatically brakes when you release the throttle, is there a "freewheel" mode and how hard is it to engage/release? Does it have a reverse gear? you may find that you prefer one model's features, or you may find that they are very similar and you really don't care which one you rent. IAC, remember this is only for the duration of the cruise, you aren't married to it ;) and you will learn what features matter to you so you can focus on them for your next cruise.

BTW, I totally agree that a scooter will make your cruise easier and more pleasant. I rented a scooter for my first cruise in 2013 and it was a godsend - my poor husband didn't have to push me everywhere so HE could enjoy the cruise too, and I loved the independence of not having to depend on anyone else to get me where I wanted to go. Even now, I can't get my 53-lb scooter in or out of the car, but that is ALL my husband has to do for me - I set it up, scoot around, and fold it to go back in the car when we are done. And I can only stand for a minute or two so that tells you just how easy and fast setup/folding is!

Mamasylvia - Thank you for your insights! My only experience with scooters are those at the large box stores like Costco and Walmart. I did go back and check both scooters on the features you mention ( I had no idea what freewheeling was-lol). There does not seem to be any real difference for me - at least not for an extra $70.

In reading both Owner manuals, I see they should not get wet. I was planning to put it out on the balcony, but we may be dong a lot of disassembling since I'll have two of my granddaughters in our stateroom and there may not be enough space at night.

Mamasylvia - Thank you for your insights! My only experience with scooters are those at the large box stores like Costco and Walmart. I did go back and check both scooters on the features you mention ( I had no idea what freewheeling was-lol). There does not seem to be any real difference for me - at least not for an extra $70.

In reading both Owner manuals, I see they should not get wet. I was planning to put it out on the balcony, but we may be dong a lot of disassembling since I'll have two of my granddaughters in our stateroom and there may not be enough space at night.

You are not allowed on all cruise lines (I believe) to store anything on balconies, including scooters. Additionally, due to SOLAS regulations, you will not be able to store it in the hallway. Do you believe that you will have enough room in your stateroom? If not, you should attempt to address that issue now, rather than later.

In reference to Post #8 from Mamasylvia both the Pride GoGo Elite Traveler and the Pride GoGo Sport have :

• An adjustable seat height - 4 positions - that's the reason that the rental providers ask for the end users height so the seat can be preset .
  • The seat also has a manual swivel lever. Just reach under the seat on the right side when seat. Lift and hold the lever while you turn the seat to the position required. This comes in very handy getting on/off the scooter and if you want to remain seated on the scooter when at a table.
  • Both scooters do not have a magnetic braking system. This is basically the only breaking system that provides an automatic stop . Both Pride Scooters break by the end user ceasing to press the level. Once the lever is release the scooter rolls to a stop. The faster the speed prior to stopping the longer the roll. So you need to allow for this as otherwise you'll crash into things.
  • The battery for both scooters can be charged on board. In fact the new models have a charging socket on the tiller as well as the black battery box. The one on the tiller is nice so that you do not have to bend down to plug the charger in the battery case.
  • Both have forward and reverse levers.
  • Both have "freewheel" mode - There's a yellow lever on the rear wheel section. Move the lever to the "UNLOCKED" item for "freewheel" mode. Move the lever to the "LOCKED" icon for the drive mode.
  • Both scooter can be broken apart to fit into the trunk of car or taxi. Fast forward to the 54 sec. mark of this link

Other helpful information:

Embarkation Day: The rental scooter will be deliver to the cabin onembarkation day and must be left in the cabin on disembarkation day. If you usethe ship's wheelchair assistance on embarkation day note that you will bedropped off in a public area . If not taken directly to your cabin and droppedoff in a public area than once cabins are available to passengers someone fromyour party will have to go to the cabin to get the scooter if you're unable tomake the walk. The scooter rental contract states that the scooter will not bedelivered until 2:00 PM . It's also important to note that rental equipmentdelivered to the ship is not given priority loading by the cruise line as shipssupplies take precedent. Therefore the scooter might not appear in the cabinuntil closer to the sailing time though it was deliver to the port by 2:00 PM.

Disembarkation Day: The rental scooter must be left in the cabin ondisembarkation day. The cruise line will not provide wheelchairassistance/pickup from the cabin. The night before a location for wheelchairassistance for disembarkation will be published in the daily cruise newsletter.You can ride the scooter to that location but than someone from your group mustthan take the scooter back to cabin for pickup from the rental company.

If you have not booked an accessible cabin than depending on the type ofscooter required due to weight capacity it may not fit through the stateroomdoor. All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Dueto the safety and escape way requirements established by SOLAS (Safety of Lifeat Seas) regulations, it cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or anyother public area. Ignoring these regulations can and does impede thesafety of others whether disabled or abled bodied moving about the hallways notto mention impedes the safety of all on board the ship in the event of anactual emergency. Even if the cabin attendant tells you it's Ok it's NOT !I for one will contact the ships security to have the scooter removed if one isobserved left in the hallway.

Scootersor any personal items for that matter CANNOT be stored on balcony.

After you obtained the scooter you should go to the dining room to check thelocation of your assigned table if traditional dining has been chosen. Reasonyou need to check that there is a good path to drive the scooter to the table.Once at the table you can transfer to a chair and the wait staff will than parkthe scooter in area that will not hinder others in the dining room. If there'san issue than go to the Matre'D and request a change in table location.

Scooter keys are not unique as car keys. Scooter keys are universal and a scootercan easily be mistaken. Therefore I suggest you bring an extra luggage tag forthe scooter to identify your rental scooter.

The most common scooters rented by SpecialNeedsatSeas and Scootaround (formerly CareVacations) are the Pride Go Go Elite Traveler or the Pride Go GoSport which both have a very low under clearance of 1.5". Therefore it'snot unusual that the scooter will get hung up on the gangway joints. Under nocircumstance should you allow the ship's personnel to force push the scooterover the joints which is their first reactive response. The scooter needs to beplaced in freewheel mode and than rolled over the joints. If you aren't able towalk down/up the gangway than a person from the ship's crew must guide thescooter up/down the ramp while another pushes the scooter up/down the rampwhile. If you're able to walk up/down the ramp it's recommended that you do sowhile the scooter is than freewheeled pulled up/down the ramp. If the scooterisn't placed in freewheel and the crew force pushes the scooter over ********** joints the scooter can be permanently damaged and since it's a rentalyou will be responsible for the repair costs or possibly the completereplacement cost.

If there are any tendered ports you will only be permitted onto the tender ifthe tender has roll-on capabilities. Also note regardless of whether it's adocked or tendered port Captain has the discretion to not allow wheelchairs andscooters from exiting the ship as safety of the passengers is always the utmostconcern.

Thescooter does not stop a dime. It has a rolling stop. The slower the speed priorto stopping the shorter the roll. The faster the speed the longer the roll.Therefore you need to always be aware of this so as not to run into otherpassengers and or objects.

You may encounter thresholds going toand coming from an outside deck that the scooter can get hung up on which makesit difficult to clear. You at times will have to scout out other routes thathave a better leveled doorway threshold.

Elevators will also be an issue withscooters as able-bodied passengers will just jump in front of you to get intothe elevator first no matter that you were there first. It's not just kids. Ihave found that adults are often worse than the lids on-board. At peak timesyou're best to take the elevator that's further from your destination as itwill be less congested.

Get on the first elevator that has openspace for the scooter regardless if it's going the opposite direction of whatyou want. What goes up must come down and vice versa.

You are not allowed on all cruise lines (I believe) to store anything on balconies, including scooters. Additionally, due to SOLAS regulations, you will not be able to store it in the hallway. Do you believe that you will have enough room in your stateroom? If not, you should attempt to address that issue now, rather than later.

Thank you

If the scooter does not fit in the room we will disassemble it. I will definitely not put it on the balcony and I never even considered leaving it in the hallway. I follow rules. This is all new to me. But, by gathering information here and online, I will be well prepared before I get on the ship :confused:

Wow - You are thorough! Thank you so much for all the info. As I said, there isn't much difference in either rental scooter.

Other helpful information:

Embarkation Day: The rental scooter will be deliver to the cabin on embarkation day and must be left in the cabin on disembarkation day. If you use the ship's wheelchair assistance on embarkation day note that you will be dropped off in a public area . If not taken directly to your cabin and dropped off in a public area than once cabins are available to passengers someone from your party will have to go to the cabin to get the scooter if you're unable to make the walk. The scooter rental contract states that the scooter will not be delivered until 2:00 PM . It's also important to note that rental equipment delivered to the ship is not given priority loading by the cruise line as ships supplies take precedent. Therefore the scooter might not appear in the cabin until closer to the sailing time though it was deliver to the port by 2:00 PM.This is good for me to know - I would have thought it was not delivered - thanks!

Disembarkation Day: The rental scooter must be left in the cabin on disembarkation day. The cruise line will not provide wheelchair assistance/pickup from the cabin. The night before a location for wheelchair assistance for disembarkation will be published in the daily cruise newsletter.You can ride the scooter to that location but than someone from your group must than take the scooter back to cabin for pickup from the rental company.

This is fine - I can walk

If you have not booked an accessible cabin than depending on the type of scooter required due to weight capacity it may not fit through the stateroom door. All scooters and wheelchairs MUST be stored in the stateroom. Due to the safety and escape way requirements established by SOLAS (Safety of Lifeat Seas) regulations, it cannot be stored in the hallways, stairways, or any other public area. Ignoring these regulations can and does impede the safety of others whether disabled or abled bodied moving about the hallways not to mention impedes the safety of all on board the ship in the event of an actual emergency. Even if the cabin attendant tells you it's Ok it's NOT !I for one will contact the ships security to have the scooter removed if one is observed left in the hallway.

The scooter will fit through the door and it WILL NOT be left on the balcony or in the hallway.

Scooters or any personal items for that matter CANNOT be stored on balcony.

After you obtained the scooter you should go to the dining room to check the location of your assigned table if traditional dining has been chosen. Reason you need to check that there is a good path to drive the scooter to the table.Once at the table you can transfer to a chair and the wait staff will than park the scooter in area that will not hinder others in the dining room. If there's an issue than go to the Matre'D and request a change in table location.

Good idea - thanks. They can put it anywhere. I can walk to it

Scooter keys are not unique as car keys. Scooter keys are universal and a scooter can easily be mistaken. Therefore I suggest you bring an extra luggage tag for the scooter to identify your rental scooter. Excellent Idea!!

The most common scooters rented by SpecialNeedsatSeas and Scootaround (formerly CareVacations) are the Pride Go Go Elite Traveler or the Pride Go Go Sport which both have a very low under clearance of 1.5". Therefore it's not unusual that the scooter will get hung up on the gangway joints. Under no circumstance should you allow the ship's personnel to force push the scooter over the joints which is their first reactive response. The scooter needs to be placed in freewheel mode and than rolled over the joints. If you aren't able to walk down/up the gangway than a person from the ship's crew must guide the scooter up/down the ramp while another pushes the scooter up/down the ramp while. If you're able to walk up/down the ramp it's recommended that you do so while the scooter is than freewheeled pulled up/down the ramp. If the scooter isn't placed in freewheel and the crew force pushes the scooter over ********** joints the scooter can be permanently damaged and since it's a rental you will be responsible for the repair costs or possibly the complete replacement cost.

Ok. So, I will walk down and up and my husband will have to pull up/down ramp ( not sure he is going to like this;) )

If there are any tendered ports you will only be permitted onto the tender ifthe tender has roll-on capabilities. Also note regardless of whether it's adocked or tendered port Captain has the discretion to not allow wheelchairs and scooters from exiting the ship as safety of the passengers is always the utmost concern.

N/A - no tenders

The scooter does not stop a dime. It has a rolling stop. The slower the speed prior to stopping the shorter the roll. The faster the speed the longer the roll.Therefore you need to always be aware of this so as not to run into other passengers and or objects.

Makes sense

You may encounter thresholds going to and coming from an outside deck that the scooter can get hung up on which makes it difficult to clear. You at times will have to scout out other routes that have a better leveled doorway threshold.

Elevators will also be an issue with scooters as able-bodied passengers will just jump in front of you to get into the elevator first no matter that you were there first. It's not just kids. I have found that adults are often worse than the lids on-board. At peak times you're best to take the elevator that's further from your destination as it will be less congested.

Get on the first elevator that has open space for the scooter regardless if it's going the opposite direction of what you want. What goes up must come down and vice versa.

Good Advice!

Thanks again for taking the time to share this information. It is entirely possible I may be wasting my money and the scooter winds up in my cabin for the entirety of the trip because it is more trouble than it's worth. Which is why I want to spend as little as possible. I knew the elevators were going to be a challenge, but the on/off ramps seem more daunting now. I'll be sure to pack a cane - just in case!!

Wow - You are thorough! Thank you so much for all the info. As I said, there isn't much difference in either rental scooter.

The most common scooters rented by SpecialNeedsatSeas and Scootaround (formerly CareVacations) are the Pride Go Go Elite Traveler or the Pride Go Go Sport which both have a very low under clearance of 1.5". Therefore it's not unusual that the scooter will get hung up on the gangway joints. Under no circumstance should you allow the ship's personnel to force push the scooter over the joints which is their first reactive response. The scooter needs to be placed in freewheel mode and than rolled over the joints. If you aren't able to walk down/up the gangway than a person from the ship's crew must guide the scooter up/down the ramp while another pushes the scooter up/down the ramp while. If you're able to walk up/down the ramp it's recommended that you do so while the scooter is than freewheeled pulled up/down the ramp. If the scooter isn't placed in freewheel and the crew force pushes the scooter over ********** joints the scooter can be permanently damaged and since it's a rental you will be responsible for the repair costs or possibly the complete replacement cost.

Ok. So, I will walk down and up and my husband will have to pull up/down ramp ( not sure he is going to like this;) )

Your Husband will not have to pull the scooter up or down the ramp. RCCL staff will do that. RCCL personnel are generally very good getting people with any type of mobility equipment as well at the passenger safely up/down the gangway. It will all go well. The Security Officer at the gangway actually supervises the process.

Scooters may not stop on a dime but they can stop pretty durn quick. Definitely check out youor rental scooter's capabilities but I have had children run in front of my scooter several times and I was always able to avoid hitting them.

I hope you don't let fear of faint possibilities keep you from enjoying the benefits of a scooter. I have had VERY rare elevator difficulties, and in fact people usually DO stand back and motion me to go in first. (End of muster drill is an exception, of course - that's every man for himself. lol) Do practice backing with the store carts - they aren't exactly the same as scooters but they are similar enough that you can get a feel for what is involved in backing onto the elevator (which is generally easier than backing off - Norwegian Pearl was an exception because the whole back wall was a mirror). And of course you want to spend some time playing with your rental scooter to learn its own quirks. Also, if you don't already have an accessible cabin, GET ONE. You will be very sorry if you try to have you and scooter and granddaughters in a non-accessible cabin. First, rental scooters may not be something you can disassembl,, and second, even if you can disassemble it, you will still have to find a place to put the pieces!

I have never heard anyone report that the rental scooter was not in their cabin when they were allowed in. My understanding at the time I rented a scooter (which admittedly was 4 years ago) was that the rental company took the scooter directly to the cabin, they did not simply leave it with other ship supplies. If I got into my cabin and did not find the scooter I had rented, I would call the rental company IMMEDIATELY so if there was a problem, it could be fixed before sailaway.

If you can keep your husband from playing macho, he *probably* won't have to push the scooter up/down gangways. Nearly always, ship personnel will jump in and either start pushing or offer to., even though all the cruise lines say they only offer on/off assistance for embark/disembark. I also have perfected a pull/scoot technique for ramps that are just a little too steep for my scooter, where I run the throttle with my right hand and pull us along with my left. Probably looks silly but it works. ;)

The threshold problem is possible but your rental can probably manage average thresholds. Look at them as you go over and you'll quickly develop a feel for what you can sail over and what might be a problem. Our suite on the Pearl 2 weeks ago had TWO unpleasant thresholds that I had to fight over every time I scooted out of or into the suite! But the suite was so wonderful I'd do it again in a heartbeat. lol

Your Husband will not have to pull the scooter up or down the ramp. RCCL staff will do that. RCCL personnel are generally very good getting people with any type of mobility equipment as well at the passenger safely up/down the gangway. It will all go well. The Security Officer at the gangway actually supervises the process.

Thank you! We are taking Carnival - but I guess they will be just as accommodating.

Thank you! We are taking Carnival - but I guess they will be just as accommodating.

In reference to Mamasylvia's Post #15 where it's stated " Nearly always, ship personnel will jump in and either start pushing or offer to., even though all the cruise lines say they only offer on/off assistance for embark/disembark." For clarification what's meant by when a cruise lines states that it only provides assistance on embarkation and disembarkation days is that the cruise line will only provide wheelchair assistance with a ship's wheelchair on those days. If the passenger needs that type of assistance during the cruise than that individual must either bring their own or rent one. For example the following is clearly stated on Carnival's website:

WHEELCHAIR ASSISTANCE

Each terminal has a limited supply of wheelchairs used to transport guests onto and off the ship, so we are unable to loan you our wheelchairs for the duration of the cruise. If you need wheelchair assistance for boarding the ship, please contact one of our representatives once you arrive at the cruise terminal. Assistance will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. For assistance with debarkation, instructions on where to meet can be found in the Fun Times onboard newsletter distributed on the last evening of your cruise.

If you require the regular use of a wheelchair during the cruise, you will need to bring your own or rent one from a service provider. For your convenience, we have listed two wheelchair rental companies below:

Scootaround 1.888.441.7575

Website: https://www.scootaround.com/cruise-rentals external-link-icon.ashx?h=11&w=13

Special Needs at Sea 1.800.513.4515

Of course, you are free to select your own provider. Carnival does not endorse specific service providers. Consequently, you assume the risk of utilizing these third party services and are subject to their terms and conditions. Any issues that may arise regarding your rental, including refunds, must be handled directly with your chosen service provider.

Edited by xxoocruiser

You are very welcome, ladylyn. As you can probably tell, I am a HUGE fan of mobility scooters. Both rental scooters and my personal scooter have made such a difference to my life that I want to see everyone who needs mobility assistance find whatever is best for their own situation. But it's one of those issues where you don't know what to ask until you have used one. ;) And it's definitely a case in which the more you know ahead of time, the more realistic your expectations will be and the less likely you are to encounter unpleasant surprises. When is your cruise? I hope you'll come back and tell us how it went for you!

We are on Carnival Vista Aug. 26. We are a family of 16 and while many of have cruised many times, it is the first time we are all traveling together[emoji3]❤️❤️❤️[emoji2][emoji4]I cannot wait to have everyone together. I will definitely report back! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh, travelling with family can be wonderful! The Alaska cruise we just finished, our adult children and DH's brother and wife cruised with us. It was such a joy to all be together! Although I made sure everyone felt free to pursue their own interests as well, I think you can have TOO much togetherness! It worked, we were all still speaking at the end of the cruise. lol

I have a question for Princess cruisers. We are going on a cruise in Nov. and we have a mini-suite with a queen bed configuration. Where in the room can I get a scooter in?. It is a smaller Scout scooter. Has anyone else had this room and a scooter?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I have a question for Princess cruisers. We are going on a cruise in Nov. and we have a mini-suite with a queen bed configuration. Where in the room can I get a scooter in?. It is a smaller Scout scooter. Has anyone else had this room and a scooter?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

What Princess Ship ?

Is it an Accessible Mini Suite ?

What brand/model scooter?

Oh, travelling with family can be wonderful! The Alaska cruise we just finished, our adult children and DH's brother and wife cruised with us. It was such a joy to all be together! Although I made sure everyone felt free to pursue their own interests as well, I think you can have TOO much togetherness! It worked, we were all still speaking at the end of the cruise. lol

Yes, these are my sentiments exactly. There are enough of us that we can all pick and choose activities that someone else will also want to do. My rule of thumb - no matter who I am traveling with - is to try and have dinner together to hear about each other's day. And, sometimes even that doesn't always happen.