3-Day Sky to the Bahamas

BirdTravels

Love the cabin and the activities seem entertaining activities. I'm going on a 3 day in February and I have been battling if I should upgrade to an oceanview. I have an inside cabin but I figured the 3 days will go by so fast. I usually get a balcony for my 7 days.

Love the cabin and the activities seem entertaining activities. I'm going on a 3 day in February and I have been battling if I should upgrade to an oceanview. I have an inside cabin but I figured the 3 days will go by so fast. I usually get a balcony for my 7 days.

We sailed last November in an inside cabin. It was tiny! If we ever sail the sky again I will definitely upgrade to a balcony! Wall to wall bed and lived out of my suitcase for 3 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for all of this! We're on the Sky in three weeks and am loving all of this! Enjoy your day!

-----------------------------------------

NCL Sky - September '17

Disney Fantasy - November '14

Disney Magic - November '13

Coral Princess - August '09

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - May '08

Holland America Oosterdam - March '06

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; color: #232323; -webkit-text-stroke: #232323}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Carnival Fantasy - March '99

Thanks for the dailies, BirdTravels! We are on the same cruise in Nov. and I always try to plan my meals around what's going on! Please find out if the Suite area at Great Stirrup Cay has been completed (or estimated completion date), if you can!

Have a great cruise and come back new! (Oh, wait, is that someone else's slogan?)

Thanks for the dailies, BirdTravels! We are on the same cruise in Nov. and I always try to plan my meals around what's going on! Please find out if the Suite area at Great Stirrup Cay has been completed (or estimated completion date), if you can!

Have a great cruise and come back new! (Oh, wait, is that someone else's slogan?)

Havens area is still under construction. Ship's crew don't know and island staff won't project completion.

The rooms nearest the lagoon are concrete shellls

f4c8141406314a98c70a0cb18e80d3d3.jpg

f0a62fbb0b0136d99728701a875005ca.jpg

Something new. Maybe zip line???? Speculation.

509c9687f05cbbe7db51f13e43ebfe72.jpg

Using ship's free WiFi, please update if the new plan/hardware are in place ... promised fleetwide this summer ;p

Not so free and not so good. I'll qualify this by saying that we sail on NCL 4-5 times a year and always have an unlimited plan. We have seen ships improve service with cache servers and increased bandwidth. Sky is not one of them. The internet manager, who does not speak English well, says that they have been upgraded. Not.

Can't upload photos most of the time. Skype audio and FaceTime audio works sometimes. We had much better service on the Breakaway and Jewel earlier this year.

87070d51dd87805512045c42b5ea734c.jpg

Not so free and not so good ... internet manager ... says that they have been upgraded. Not.

Can't upload photos most of the time. Skype audio and FaceTime audio works sometimes ...

Thanks, lovely pictures using an iPhone & Tapatalk ... Very good info/reference sheet on WiFi & the optional Speednet App, didn't have that on the Gem. Are you connected to BTS/roaming cellular signal on the island or the (relayed, I believed) ship's WiFi signal to the tower on the beach ? (seemed like they've deployed a way to do a (microwaved as we do among our facilities at work, line of sight.) Couldn't believed how strong the inTRAnet signal was then.

Looks like setting up for zip-line, don't recall seeing that this May but recalled reading about it. We are scheduled to hit GSC again in about 2 months, knock on woods. Irma is now a Cat-3, likely Cat-4 by the time it reach the Caribbean Sea later this week; and, close enough to the Bahamas to do some damages ... hope those structures are sturdy enough against tropical wind.

Enjoy your day & watch out for the seagulls ... they loved to share the free BBQ lunch while you are not looking.