Star Collector-Osaka to Seward question

GidgetWidget

I have checked the roll calls for this cruise, none yet. If anyone goes on this cruise I would love feedback on the excursions in Miyoko and Kushiro. We have booked the Seward to Japan crossing for September 2018 and already thinking of excursions. Thank you for your input!

Rolls calls are not as active as on the larger ships with 3 or 4 thousand people. If you don't see one, start one. With no more than 300 passengers, it's possible you won't get any responses.

Are these new ports for Windstar? At least they're fairly new and few here have been with the line. I would suggest reading up on the Ports of Call forum here as well as TripAdvisor.

I have checked the roll calls for this cruise, none yet. If anyone goes on this cruise I would love feedback on the excursions in Miyoko and Kushiro. We have booked the Seward to Japan crossing for September 2018 and already thinking of excursions. Thank you for your input!

I would expect the roll calls to be for the individual cruises rather than for the collection. That Star Collector is made of the Grand Japan plus Japan and North Pacific Crossing. The ports you mention are on Japan and North Pacific Crossing. I'm thinking of taking that cruise back to back with the following Alaska Cruise.

There isn't a roll call for that yet either. There are pretty few 2018 Windstar roll calls started - the downside perhaps of sailing on lovely small ships. With thousands of people on large ships, if 1% are on Cruise Critic and participating in a roll call, you have 10's of people on the roll call. On Windstar ships, 1% would be 2 people if Star Legend was full and it probably won't be full on a TransAtlantic.

Rolls calls are not as active as on the larger ships with 3 or 4 thousand people. If you don't see one, start one. With no more than 300 passengers, it's possible you won't get any responses.

Are these new ports for Windstar? At least they're fairly new and few here have been with the line. I would suggest reading up on the Ports of Call forum here as well as TripAdvisor.

A search on all the boards for Kushiro finds posts on Kushiro in the Ports of Call: Asia board and mentions on some recent roll calls for 2017 cruises.

Miyoko seems to be a very uncommon port. The only mentions a search finds are this thread and two others where it is the name of a person and not about the port. Perhaps try trip advisor or a general web search.