*epic - posh beach club questions

SailLaVie

I've just booked the November 25th sailing on the Epic and was hoping somebody who has been in the Posh area recently can give me some information about it? I've read mixed things on it. Is it worth the extra money? Is H20 not just as good being adults only during the day? I know there aren't any hot tubs like in the Vibe on Escape and Getaway, so is it worth the money?

Any comments will be appreciated... good and bad!

Thank you so much :D

The only way to guarantee entrance to Posh is by booking the Haven, and I see there are only 2 Haven rooms left for hat cruise. And yes, Posh and the total Haven experience is completely worth it. They may sell additional passes, but there is no guarantee of that, and if they do, it is extremely limited. Also, if you stay in the Haven, you can order food in Posh, If you are lucky and get to buy a pass, you cannot.

I was extremely happy with posh- I like comfy chairs in shade for lounging and the padded clam shells were perfect. Post is much quieter than spice and the service there was excellent. Posh for total relaxation- spice for the party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of quiet and relaxation! But sometimes I like to party. LOL I guess I could try and if I get it, great... if not, great I'll go to Spice ;)

The only way to guarantee entrance to Posh is by booking the Haven, and I see there are only 2 Haven rooms left for hat cruise. And yes, Posh and the total Haven experience is completely worth it. They may sell additional passes, but there is no guarantee of that, and if they do, it is extremely limited. Also, if you stay in the Haven, you can order food in Posh, If you are lucky and get to buy a pass, you cannot.

Unfortunately, my budget does not allow a Haven suite. Maybe one day. Thanks for the info.

I've just booked the November 25th sailing on the Epic and was hoping somebody who has been in the Posh area recently can give me some information about it? I've read mixed things on it. Is it worth the extra money? Is H20 not just as good being adults only during the day? I know there aren't any hot tubs like in the Vibe on Escape and Getaway, so is it worth the money? Any comments will be appreciated... good and bad! Thank you so much :D

The Posh Club is wonderful!

But,,, because it is also the private sundeck for the Havens, they sell less than 10 passes to non-Havens guest. Unless you are an Ambassador, Platinum Plus, or Platinum member with priority boarding, don't bother trying.

Also, if you stay in the Haven, you can order food in Posh, If you are lucky and get to buy a pass, you cannot.

This isn't always true- we were not in haven and enjoyed delicious swordfish burgers which, ironically, were recommended by our bartender. :-D

The Posh Club is wonderful!

But,,, because it is also the private sundeck for the Havens, they sell less than 10 passes to non-Havens guest. Unless you are an Ambassador, Platinum Plus, or Platinum member with priority boarding, don't bother trying.

I will remain optimistic without being disappointed if I fail. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I won't run to get them though ;)

Posh is great - quiet and great bar tenders and service. However we found everyone in Posh was either a Haven guest or on a back-to-back. You'll have to be one of the first on the ship to get in.

Even if we don't get them, it won't be the end of the world. I'm just so happy to be able to cruise again this year. :cool:

We recently enjoyed our second "Posh Experience". We sailed the Epic Med in July and true we booked the Haven which was suites the first time around for our anniversary but mainly because my DH loved Posh so much. It is worth it for the serenity except for the Med cruise it was really quiet. Sorry, I have no idea about the price for passes but if you can get on and grab some - do it!

This isn't always true- we were not in haven and enjoyed delicious swordfish burgers which, ironically, were recommended by our bartender. :-D

Agreed, but that is the official policy, and I wouldn't want people to go in expecting that. I saw one couple get turned down when they asked for a menu, since they had purchased passes on our cruise. They were upset too, since they said guest services mentioned there was food available up there when they purchased the passes. But maybe some bartenders bend the rules, or maybe he realized his error after making a recommendation.

We recently enjoyed our second "Posh Experience". We sailed the Epic Med in July and true we booked the Haven which was suites the first time around for our anniversary but mainly because my DH loved Posh so much. It is worth it for the serenity except for the Med cruise it was really quiet. Sorry, I have no idea about the price for passes but if you can get on and grab some - do it!

What a wonderful way to spend your anniversary :)

Agreed, but that is the official policy, and I wouldn't want people to go in expecting that. I saw one couple get turned down when they asked for a menu, since they had purchased passes on our cruise. They were upset too, since they said guest services mentioned there was food available up there when they purchased the passes. But maybe some bartenders bend the rules, or maybe he realized his error after making a recommendation.

Seems petty to me to restrict non-Haven Posh pass holders from ordering food. If you can do it for one guest in Posh, do it for all.

We were lucky enough to get posh passes last year on the Epic and loved it! Worth every penny for us to be away from the crowds. Awesome view of all the goings on on the main deck. We did order food, our favorite server Ida offered it to us each day. We never asked for a menu just told him what we wanted. We even brought a bottle of wine up that our steward had given us and they chilled it for us to enjoy that evening. When you get on the ship run to guest services! I really hope you get the passes, enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems petty to me to restrict non-Haven Posh pass holders from ordering food. If you can do it for one guest in Posh, do it for all.

I agree, it does. Maybe since I think it comes from the Haven restaurant that is only available for Haven guests??? Not sure why.

We were lucky enough to get posh passes last year on the Epic and loved it! Worth every penny for us to be away from the crowds. Awesome view of all the goings on on the main deck. We did order food, our favorite server Ida offered it to us each day. We never asked for a menu just told him what we wanted. We even brought a bottle of wine up that our steward had given us and they chilled it for us to enjoy that evening. When you get on the ship run to guest services! I really hope you get the passes, enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know my son wants to get the passes as he LOVED the vibe passes we had on the Escape this year, but I did not get my money's worth. I was too interested in activities and just walking around the ship. I'll tell him to run ahead, cause I'm not 100% sure it'll be worth it for me. Thanks for the advice... and fingers crossed, we'll have great weather and a great cruise. :cool:

I agree, it does. Maybe since I think it comes from the Haven restaurant that is only available for Haven guests??? Not sure why.

Yeah, seems strange. I figure if they allow it for one, it should be for all. Anyone paying the money for those passes should get all the perks. I think that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to upgrade to Haven through their bidding process. You pay the money, but you don't get the freebies. :confused:

I think that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to upgrade to Haven through their bidding process. You pay the money, but you don't get the freebies. :confused:
Not everyone who books the Haven directly gets all of the promos. With NCL now charging suite/Haven guests the 18% on the UBP and SDP, suite guests are given the option to take some, all, or no promos at all.

You still get all of the suite/Haven benefits no matter how you end up in a suite (direct or upgrade/bid).

I do agree that everyone in POSH should be treated the same. TBH, I didn't know that they (officially) weren't.

Yeah, seems strange. I figure if they allow it for one, it should be for all. Anyone paying the money for those passes should get all the perks. I think that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to upgrade to Haven through their bidding process. You pay the money, but you don't get the freebies. :confused:

If you bid to the Haven, you get access to everything the Haven does, Posh, Haven restaurant, priority seating at shows, etc. what you don't get would be the additional free at sea perks. So if your booked cabin earned you two choices, you wouldn't be upgraded to 4.

Not everyone who books the Haven directly gets all of the promos. With NCL now charging suite/Haven guests the 18% on the UBP and SDP, suite guests are given the option to take some, all, or no promos at all.

You still get all of the suite/Haven benefits no matter how you end up in a suite (direct or upgrade/bid).

I do agree that everyone in POSH should be treated the same. TBH, I didn't know that they (officially) weren't.

See, I guess this is what bugs me about the Haven.... the cost is ridiculous and then they want to nickel and dime you for gratuities and taxes. If I wanted to upgrade my balcony to Haven, they wanted about another $2000-$2500/pp. I figure if you pay for the Haven, they should include ALL costs in the price. If I'm paying upwards of 8 grand (CDN $$) I don't want anymore costs! But that's just me. ;)