Solo ESCAPE 9/23/17

CruizinCutieJulia

Arrived at terminal B, standing line waiting for security and to check-in to board the beautiful Norwegian Escape, it occurred to me that I haven't seen too many reviews or live threads from solo travelers.

And while I can't promise to be as exciting or hilarious as Escape reviews that have come before me... I will be checking in throughout the week and updating on the studio cabin experience, etc.

Please let me know if y'all have any questions or would like me to look into something specific for you.

My current situation:

afd021c8d5c59f0243bdbbdf09c96ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So... you wake up early haul a$$ to the port stand in line at security all to get a group 1 boarding pass.

Got it. Check.

Get to the waiting room and scope out the entrances and coax employees to give out the door information and the waiting game begins...

UPDATE: on the ship. The race to the Vibe line has been won and I received my golden ticket!! It really was a stampede.... whew!! [emoji125]🏼*♀️

Can you explain exactly what you get with VIBE?

Access to a private area, nicer padded loungers, they only sell as many passes as there are seats, private bar with same staff and hot tub and misting area.

The 2 Rommells and Vinnie all from the Philippines are up there throughout your vacation and really make you feel special. They learned everyone's names and drinks as soon as they came in today- had special ship information and plenty of time to stand and talk with anyone who wanted to chat. 0c62eced5d728c37240dd52deee75f4c.jpg

So... you wake up early haul a$$ to the port stand in line at security all to get a group 1 boarding pass.

Got it. Check.

Get to the waiting room and scope out the entrances and coax employees to give out the door information and the waiting game begins...

UPDATE: on the ship. The race to the Vibe line has been won and I received my golden ticket!! It really was a stampede.... whew!! [emoji125]🏼*♀️

You were group 1 and was that boarding after latitudes members or are you platinum? Was it at Guest services?

You were group 1 and was that boarding after latitudes members or are you platinum? Was it at Guest services?

Yes I was boarding group 1, boarded after haven and platinum/whatever latitudes peeps. I was probably the 15th person in line in group 1, everyone around me wanted Vibe passes and there were a lot from terminal c too which I forgot we would be competing with!!

About 6 people after me they put out the "sold out" sign!

Vibe passes, restaurant and beverage package sales are still at headliners, but there were Norwegian staff in the terminal telling people it was guest services.

Looking forward to hearing about your solo experience. Are you in a studio cabin?

Yes a studio cabin for me! I think if I were doing it again that I would probably pay the double occupancy for a regular room or balcony just because of the organization challenges in the studio.

One thing I dislike is that there aren't any drawers, just the sliding closet and a few cubbies. It's not easy to organize cruise casual things that don't needs to be hung or I only had 6 hangers total. There isn't a quick place to easily grab underwear or tanks and tees that are stacked.

Other than that it's all one person needs. Glad to just be one person because the toilet room is a little claustrophobic with the door closed [emoji15]

I'll try to get some pictures posted for y'all soon!

Just a word on Vibe as I sit here enjoying the view right over the water with the gentle waves rolling by, Rommel just brought me a fruit skewer and a chilled towel to cook off...

This definitely wouldn't make or break my trip as I've heard other people saying. It was a stressful boarding experience and I would have much rather prepaid and gotten on the ship like a normal human.

It's a beautiful day sailing past Cuba and while they say it's supposed to be partly cloudy, there is a little haze on the horizon and the sun above is shining brightly. Heading out to freshen up for the CC meet and greet shortly and then some wandering around the ship to take in the sights.

Yes I was boarding group 1, boarded after haven and platinum/whatever latitudes peeps. I was probably the 15th person in line in group 1, everyone around me wanted Vibe passes and there were a lot from terminal c too which I forgot we would be competing with!!

About 6 people after me they put out the "sold out"

I am sailing in solo cabin in March. Will be following along!

How much is vibe pass? Trying to decide between it and spa. Pax how mañy people in vibe?

About 6 people after me they put out the "sold out"

I am sailing in solo cabin in March. Will be following along!

How much is vibe pass? Trying to decide between it and spa. Pax how mañy people in vibe?

Vibe pass costs $99 for the week. I think they only sell maybe 75 passes.

Yes a studio cabin for me! I think if I were doing it again that I would probably pay the double occupancy for a regular room or balcony just because of the organization challenges in the studio.

One thing I dislike is that there aren't any drawers, just the sliding closet and a few cubbies. It's not easy to organize cruise casual things that don't needs to be hung or I only had 6 hangers total. There isn't a quick place to easily grab underwear or tanks and tees that are stacked.

Other than that it's all one person needs. Glad to just be one person because the toilet room is a little claustrophobic with the door closed [emoji15]

I'll try to get some pictures posted for y'all soon!

There are large wicker baskets under the bed, which I use for my tanks, tees and shorts (and dirty clothes). And ask your room steward for more hangers...he should be able to get you as many as you need.

Have a great time!

There are large wicker baskets under the bed, which I use for my tanks, tees and shorts (and dirty clothes). And ask your room steward for more hangers...he should be able to get you as many as you need.

Have a great time!

Thanks for the tip!!

The CC community always comes on strong when needed. My luggage is currently under the bed, I wonder how far bad I drove the baskets shoving that under there?? LOL

CC meet and greet was a lot of fun. Nice to meet the officers and Andre the CD.