I would not mind a cruise to nowhere

DMH15

NCL used to have cruises to nowhere. I tool a 2-nighter on the Dawn. Then the rules changed or so and those types of cruises disappeared.

With lack of ports I sure would not mind a week at sea in the Haven.

Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All cruiselines had to stop doing the cruises to nowhere effective spring 2015 due to new US Border rules or something like that.

We were on one of the Breakaway's last CTNs and had great time and it was our first time on the Away class ships.

We are still sad because there are times when we feel like going off the island to cure our "Rock Fever" and the CTN cruises fit the bill. Instead we have to find last minute cheapo 7 day cruises.

The 2015 Escape 10 day TA from Southampton was awesome. All sea days. I would do it again in a heart beat.

We were on it also. Great time but will not do a maiden voyage again - there was no fanfare on the sparkling new ship.

What the OP was talking about was the CTNs - cruises to nowhere - usually lasted overnight or 2 nights - from and back to the same port. We did CTN twice from NYC.

All cruiselines had to stop doing the cruises to nowhere effective spring 2015 due to new US Border rules or something like that.

We were on one of the Breakaway's last CTNs and had great time and it was our first time on the Away class ships.

We are still sad because there are times when we feel like going off the island to cure our "Rock Fever" and the CTN cruises fit the bill. Instead we have to find last minute cheapo 7 day cruises.

Hi Bluesea777, we were also on the last few CTNs and one with you! Hope all is well.

We miss the CTN as well and would love to see NCL come up with a solution or a work around. Even if they make it a north east weekender out of Portland with one stop in Nova Scotia or Boston with a stop in Nova Scotia I'm sure it would be a hit with those of us in the north east.

NCL used to have cruises to nowhere. I tool a 2-nighter on the Dawn. Then the rules changed or so and those types of cruises disappeared.

With lack of ports I sure would not mind a week at sea in the Haven.

I would love a 7 - 14 day cruise to nowhere. I love sea days. Some people like a port every day.

In three weeks I will be on a TA that had to cancel St Thomas and Sain Marteen. I wish they had replaced them with 2 more sea days.

Although we cruise for the ports, a do-nothing relaxing cruise to nowhere would also be welcome from time to time.

FYI, if anyone is interested in why the U.S. no longer requires cruises to nowhere . . . . https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6405

Yea to NCL for hiring the most US citizens on POA. #MA.,GA

(jk of course :'))

. Just off breakaway 9/17 sailing. Had a Haven suite. 5 sea days felt like a cruise to nowhere due to shortened port time. Loved it. Most relaxing time ever. Haven area almost empty all the time. A few children in the pool on day 1 after that, only saw them in the halls and main areas. Purchased a spa pass. Always full, could only get heated loungers on day one. The attendents were clearing towels off saved seats. Basically one activity at a time. Spa/saunas or heated seats. I think that's fair. Wouldn't call people chair hogs, but it is right not to save seats. Don't think I'd get the pass again though. We had Jacuzzi tubs and a sauna for use right in the Haven. I'd do the whole thing again in a heartbeat.

One of my best memories is a the cruise to nowhere I took with a dear friend on the POA when she first arrived in San Francisco. Sailing out under the Golden Gate was amazing. We had such a blast. Sadly my friend lost her long battle with cancer a few years later at age 49. Wouldn't trade those memories for anything.