NCL Jade mini suite MA-MX 11090

Mermaid1952

We have never sailed with Norwegian, and we were told we booked the last cabin available, due to we booked our cruise just a couple weeks ago.

We booked a mini suite balcony, and was just recently given the cabin number.

Does anyone know anything about this cabin, meaning good view, noise, bathroom amenities especially the toiletries provided? Do I need to bring my own hair blow dryer?

Cabin 11090 on the 11th deck of the Jade.

Why is our category MA- MX? What does this mean?

I appreciate any input anyone can give us!

Regards, ken and Mary Ann

I can tell you a few things. A hair dryer will be provided. Standard toiletries like shampoo, body wash, and small bars of soap will be provided. View will be fine. Noise.... well, maybe you don't want to think about that part. You're right below the buffet, so there may be noise of chairs and tables moving around from early morning to late evening. I've never experienced it, so I can't tell you how bad it will be, but maybe someone else can chime in with first-hand experience.

We have never sailed with Norwegian, and we were told we booked the last cabin available, due to we booked our cruise just a couple weeks ago.

We booked a mini suite balcony, and was just recently given the cabin number.

Does anyone know anything about this cabin, meaning good view, noise, bathroom amenities especially the toiletries provided? Do I need to bring my own hair blow dryer?

Cabin 11090 on the 11th deck of the Jade.

Why is our category MA- MX? What does this mean?

I appreciate any input anyone can give us!

Regards, ken and Mary Ann

You should have an excellent starboard view. I cannot tell you if you will be along the pier at any of your ports (mostly because you didn't state your cruise date).

Because you booked a mini-suite (NO full suite amenities or privileges), your bathroom will have a tub/shower, with a liquid soap and shampoo dispenser (sliding glass door). The sink has a liquid soap dispenser. A hairdryer will be in the room (often in a drawer).

As for the MA-MX category... it would seem that you booked either the Sale Away rate (no perks?), or an MA (highest mini-suite category) Guaranteed (with Perks?... you didn't state).

If you tell us the words or letters listed next to PROMO CODES (upper right hand corner of your invoice), almost any CC regular poster can explain those to you.

The great thing about deck 11, and your location mid-ship, is how quickly you can get to the pool deck, Garden Cafe, and/or the fitness center/Spa areas. O'Sheahan's (casual dining) is a quick 3 decks below you!

I hope I have helped some. Feel free to ask more specific questions if you need!

You should have an excellent starboard view. I cannot tell you if you will be along the pier at any of your ports (mostly because you didn't state your cruise date).

Because you booked a mini-suite (NO full suite amenities or privileges), your bathroom will have a tub/shower, with a liquid soap and shampoo dispenser (sliding glass door). The sink has a liquid soap dispenser. A hairdryer will be in the room (often in a drawer).

As for the MA-MX category... it would seem that you booked either the Sale Away rate (no perks?), or an MA (highest mini-suite category) Guaranteed (with Perks?... you didn't state).

If you tell us the words or letters listed next to PROMO CODES (upper right hand corner of your invoice), almost any CC regular poster can explain those to you.

The great thing about deck 11, and your location mid-ship, is how quickly you can get to the pool deck, Garden Cafe, and/or the fitness center/Spa areas. O'Sheahan's (casual dining) is a quick 3 decks below you!

I hope I have helped some. Feel free to ask more specific questions if you need!

Our sail date is October 6th for the 10 day New England/ Canada cruise. We originally booked a " sail away " guaranteed cabin, but called back and upgraded. So... I'm thinking possibly my reservation started out as a MA reservation but we then called back and paid more and it upgraded ( I think) to a MX reservation. A bathtub was very important to me. Lol!

I'm also finding I'm unable to book any spa reservations, as they are saying to book when we are on the ship.

I'm also finding that the excursions that would coincide with the time our ship is in port...especially prince Edward Island......are all at max capacity.

I was unable to get on several excursions I wanted due to no availability, and wondered why Norwegian did not offer a second group tour if it was so popular ?

anyway-

I'm also wondering if there is a possibility that we can bring our luggage to the ship and have them transfer it to our rooms, instead of us waiting in line to embark and dragging it along with us?

I am recovering from a total hip replacement, and my husband is having surgery on his foot after the cruise so neither of us are in shape to drag our luggage along.

We tried to get transfers at the designated hotel that Norwegian works with, but once again we were unable to because they had reached max capacity.

We were very disappointed we were unable to secure transfers.

I apologize for the length of my message-we've never sailed with Norwegian and things are very different with this cruise line then with any other one we have sailed with.

Thank you for any input you can assist us with!

Regards Mary Ann

You did help!

Thank you TexasGal!

Unfortunately I have more questions, and hopefully answered some questions you asked me.💞

I'm also finding I'm unable to book any spa reservations, as they are saying to book when we are on the ship.

Spa services are booked while on board, you can purchase a Spa Pass prior to boarding via online for the week. This will grant you access to the thermal suite (heated tile loungers, Thalassotherapy Pool, etc.) but does not include any services.

I'm also finding that the excursions that would coincide with the time our ship is in port...especially prince Edward Island......are all at max capacity.

I was unable to get on several excursions I wanted due to no availability, and wondered why Norwegian did not offer a second group tour if it was so popular ?

Have you looked into doing private tours check out the Canada ports of call board for recommendations. No need to do ship tours. PEI is a nice island we camped for a week once (long before there was a bridge to the island).

anyway-

I'm also wondering if there is a possibility that we can bring our luggage to the ship and have them transfer it to our rooms, instead of us waiting in line to embark and dragging it along with us?

This is normal procedure, hand off the suitcases to the porters and it magically arrives outside your stateroom sometime after Muster Drill. Perhaps there is something I don't know about the eastern ports if they don't have stevedores available. NCL often has a lounge available to store your carry on bags if you don't want to carry them before the cabins are ready.

We tried to get transfers at the designated hotel that Norwegian works with, but once again we were unable to because they had reached max capacity.

Try Uber to the port from the hotel, you might find it to be cheaper anyway.

we've never sailed with Norwegian and things are very different with this cruise line then with any other one we have sailed with.

Regards Mary Ann

Have a great time!

Our sail date is October 6th for the 10 day New England/ Canada cruise.

anyway-

Regards Mary Ann

We are on the cruise after yours. They changed all the ports times a few weeks ago because of endangered whales, so yours may be too. We had booked all of our excursions weeks ago and now, at least, one is at a time when we will not even be in port yet. I called the excursions desk about this and the person I spoke with said that because of the hurricanes, the Miami office was swamped (and closed for a few days), so perhaps all of the excursion were not available because the times were all wrong. Our times have not be corrected yet but the person assured me that they would get to us before we cruised. I will call again before that, but don't give up. Your excursion may well be available once everything is rescheduled.

Our sail date is October 6th for the 10 day New England/ Canada cruise. We originally booked a " sail away " guaranteed cabin, but called back and upgraded. So... I'm thinking possibly my reservation started out as a MA reservation but we then called back and paid more and it upgraded ( I think) to a MX reservation. A bathtub was very important to me. Lol! I would say that the MX was the purchased category, with MA the assignment category. And I'm now guessing that you booked under the "Distinctive Voyage" promo, also.

I'm also finding I'm unable to book any spa reservations, as they are saying to book when we are on the ship. I can only suggest a visit to the Spa seems to be in order.

I'm also finding that the excursions that would coincide with the time our ship is in port...especially prince Edward Island......are all at max capacity. You might try calling ShorEx, or visit the Excursion Desk, ASAP on embarkation day.

I was unable to get on several excursions I wanted due to no availability, and wondered why Norwegian did not offer a second group tour if it was so popular ? There will be some excursions available onboard (although they might not be what you want), if you don't get anything booked ahead of time.

anyway-

I am recovering from a total hip replacement, and my husband is having surgery on his foot after the cruise so neither of us are in shape to drag our luggage along. There is a place to drop off luggage at the Manhattan cruise terminal!

We were very disappointed we were unable to secure transfers. We've never tried this method. But, I imagine most passengers had made their reservations well before you booked your cruise, so capacity could easily have been reached.

I apologize for the length of my message-we've never sailed with Norwegian and things are very different with this cruise line then with any other one we have sailed with.

Regards Mary Ann

I hope your Hip recovery continues well. And, I hope your DH's surgery goes well later!

I hope your Hip recovery continues well. And, I hope your DH's surgery goes well later!

October 1, 2017

GG you and others have helped us so much! Thank you!

Only a few days left....

We will all be sailing under sunny blue skies ( keeping fingers crossed) in less than 5 days!

We will be spending the night (Thursday, the 5th) at the Holiday Inn Manhattan Financial district.

Maybe some of you will be there, too!

Regards- Ken and Mar

• 4 weeks later...