Epic cirque show - is it worth the price?

SailLaVie

I've been trying to decide if the actual show is worth the extra cost. I don't care about the food, whether it's good or bad. I'm paying for the show, but it's almost the cost of a full Cirque show that I've seen a number of times in big venues. I'm wondering what it will be like on a ship? Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I am travelling with my son (25) and daughter (10).... They've both seen the full Cirque shows and not sure if they'll be disappointed with this one?

TIA

We saw the show on the Getaway. Both of my daughters had seen the show in NYC before (within the last year or two). I asked my DD12 which she preferred. She said that although the one is the show is bigger and "people float all around," she enjoyed the one on the ship "better" because she was right up on the stage and it was "right there." [We paid for the floor seats - and the venue on the Getaway is fairly small room.] She was also able to meet/pose with some of the characters (in their costumes) before the show as well.

My DD17 enjoyed the show as well, but would not be a good comparison to use to your 25 yo son.

As adults, my DW and I had not formerly seen any Cirque shows, but we did enjoy it, and thought it was worth it. We were on vacation, and it was enjoyable to do something as a family.

I am a huge Cirque fan and have seen shows in Vegas and recently my DD and DGD treated me to Toruk here in Sacramento. I love the shows no matter which Cirque company is putting it on. For me, it is worth the price no matter what the venue as each brings its own character. Shows are subjective and one can't guess if someone will like something or not. Dinner is served pre-show and some of the characters walk around for picture ops of course! I would buy the tickets for the floor and enjoy the show.

I unfortunately can't give your first hand information, but everything I've read says the show is worth it. I've just bought my tix -- I'm glad you can use one of your dining package nights and just upgrade slightly more for the tix.

We plan on doing the same..how much was the upgrade?

I've been trying to decide if the actual show is worth the extra cost. I don't care about the food, whether it's good or bad. I'm paying for the show, but it's almost the cost of a full Cirque show that I've seen a number of times in big venues. I'm wondering what it will be like on a ship? Any and all information is greatly appreciated. I am travelling with my son (25) and daughter (10).... They've both seen the full Cirque shows and not sure if they'll be disappointed with this one?

TIA

I was just on the Epic in May and saw the Cirque show and it was worth every penny in my opinion! Definitely the best show I have seen in all of my 22 cruises. If you are able, spring for the floor seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have it scheduled for our upcoming cruise in November. Using the dining plan, and paying for the upgrade, it is relatively inexpensive. I'm a little worried about the food, since I am picky and don't eat seafood. But I figure if we are still hungry after the show, there are tons of options to get other food. I'll let you know if I think it is worth it after our cruise.

I see I am clearly in the minority here, but I find NCL's Cirque Dreams show to be a pale shadow of Cirque de Soleil shows in cities.

It is certainly not terrible. In addition, sitting up close definitely adds interest.

i'm sure that most readers realize that Cirque Dreams and Cirque de Soleil have no relation to each other, except for the word "cirque" in their corporate titles. In my opinion Cirque de Soleil is the clear winner for originality, variety, performer skill and overall presentation.

I see I am clearly in the minority here, but I find NCL's Cirque Dreams show to be a pale shadow of Cirque de Soleil shows in cities.

It is certainly not terrible. In addition, sitting up close definitely adds interest.

i'm sure that most readers realize that Cirque Dreams and Cirque de Soleil have no relation to each other, except for the word "cirque" in their corporate titles. In my opinion Cirque de Soleil is the clear winner for originality, variety, performer skill and overall presentation.

I have to agree. Also I agree with the post about trying to get a seat in the balcony. We arrived early to get in line to get a good seat. The way they sat people was to fill up one long table from front to back, and then fill up the next table. People who arrived much later than us got front row seats. In addition, we were sitting on the 'aisle' where I thought at least I would be able to see through the open space of the aisle. But when the show started, the performers would line up in the aisle waiting to go on the stage, and I had a wall of people to try to look around.

Having never been there before, we had to idea how the seating would be arranged. I suppose you COULD ask for a different seat at the time, but we didn't know we needed to.

This was several years ago on Epic. Things may have changed since then, but that was my experience.

Did cirque on Epic a few years ago. If on main floor, try to get seat facing stage.

Strained neck trying to watch.

Folks are making mistake by trying to compare this to "Soleil". Considering the limitations of the stage area and the fact they are doing this on a "moving target" I

thought they did a pretty good job.

Thought the dinner was okay. Nothing to get excited about.

In no way does it compare to any of the Cirque shows. To try to make that comparison, of course it would be a disappointment.

But for a great show on a cruise ship.....It is one of the best shows I've seen on any cruise ship and it is worth the money. The food is good too! My whole family, who has seen normal Cirque shows felt the same way. I felt like everyone in the theater really enjoyed it. It is vacation dollars well spent.

I unfortunately can't give your first hand information, but everything I've read says the show is worth it. I've just bought my tix -- I'm glad you can use one of your dining package nights and just upgrade slightly more for the tix.

Thanks

We saw the show on the Getaway. Both of my daughters had seen the show in NYC before (within the last year or two). I asked my DD12 which she preferred. She said that although the one is the show is bigger and "people float all around," she enjoyed the one on the ship "better" because she was right up on the stage and it was "right there." [We paid for the floor seats - and the venue on the Getaway is fairly small room.] She was also able to meet/pose with some of the characters (in their costumes) before the show as well.

My DD17 enjoyed the show as well, but would not be a good comparison to use to your 25 yo son.

As adults, my DW and I had not formerly seen any Cirque shows, but we did enjoy it, and thought it was worth it. We were on vacation, and it was enjoyable to do something as a family.

Thanks for the information. I'm sure my daughter would enjoy it, not so sure about my son. She enjoyed the Illusionarium on Getaway, so it would probably be worth it to her.

I am a huge Cirque fan and have seen shows in Vegas and recently my DD and DGD treated me to Toruk here in Sacramento. I love the shows no matter which Cirque company is putting it on. For me, it is worth the price no matter what the venue as each brings its own character. Shows are subjective and one can't guess if someone will like something or not. Dinner is served pre-show and some of the characters walk around for picture ops of course! I would buy the tickets for the floor and enjoy the show.

Thanks for the information.

I was just on the Epic in May and saw the Cirque show and it was worth every penny in my opinion! Definitely the best show I have seen in all of my 22 cruises. If you are able, spring for the floor seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the information. I think I would go for floor seats if I book it. My girl would love to be up close, though I realize there's never any guarantee.

We have it scheduled for our upcoming cruise in November. Using the dining plan, and paying for the upgrade, it is relatively inexpensive. I'm a little worried about the food, since I am picky and don't eat seafood. But I figure if we are still hungry after the show, there are tons of options to get other food. I'll let you know if I think it is worth it after our cruise.

Because I booked a sail away balcony (it was half the price) I do not have the dining plan this time. I thought about paying for it, but with all the extras, my fairly cheap holiday isn't so cheap anymore. LOL

I'm like you... a bit picky and I don't eat seafood, but lots of other options after if we are still hungry.

Which sailing are you on in November? We are on the 25th!

I'm worried it will pale too, but I guess a 10 yo will still enjoy it.

I didn't know for sure they weren't affiliated, but I did wonder. Thanks!

I have to agree. Also I agree with the post about trying to get a seat in the balcony. We arrived early to get in line to get a good seat. The way they sat people was to fill up one long table from front to back, and then fill up the next table. People who arrived much later than us got front row seats. In addition, we were sitting on the 'aisle' where I thought at least I would be able to see through the open space of the aisle. But when the show started, the performers would line up in the aisle waiting to go on the stage, and I had a wall of people to try to look around.

Having never been there before, we had to idea how the seating would be arranged. I suppose you COULD ask for a different seat at the time, but we didn't know we needed to.

This was several years ago on Epic. Things may have changed since then, but that was my experience.

Thank you for the information. I'm worried about bad seating. Our last Cirque du Soleil show wasn't great because of the lady beside me who was partially seated in my seat and the 6'6" dude in front of me who was a WALL. I'm 5'3" and couldn't see past him to save my life.

Did cirque on Epic a few years ago. If on main floor, try to get seat facing stage.

Strained neck trying to watch.

Folks are making mistake by trying to compare this to "Soleil". Considering the limitations of the stage area and the fact they are doing this on a "moving target" I

thought they did a pretty good job.

Thought the dinner was okay. Nothing to get excited about.

Sounds a little like my last experience. Thanks for the information. Do you really get a choice where to sit though? Sounds like they put you where they want?

In no way does it compare to any of the Cirque shows. To try to make that comparison, of course it would be a disappointment.

But for a great show on a cruise ship.....It is one of the best shows I've seen on any cruise ship and it is worth the money. The food is good too! My whole family, who has seen normal Cirque shows felt the same way. I felt like everyone in the theater really enjoyed it. It is vacation dollars well spent.

Thank you for the information. I think I'm going to book it. Is there a discount on the first night like they offered on Getaway for Illusionarium, do you know?