Christmas Day at Port: What to do???

let's go cruising

This is our first visit to St. Croix, so we would REALLY like to get to see something of the island. We are huge fans of hiking or other eco activities. A fort tour? Not so much.

BUT St. Croix is our Port-of-Call on Christmas Day. This happened four years ago when our port was Barbados. We walked to The Boatyard. It is a long walk, but we remember this day very fondly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I feel safer with either a scheduled tour, or just walk.

Thank you, all!

This is our first visit to St. Croix' date=' so we would REALLY like to get to see something of the island. We are huge fans of hiking or other eco activities. A fort tour? Not so much.

BUT St. Croix is our Port-of-Call on Christmas Day. This happened four years ago when our port was Barbados. We walked to The Boatyard. It is a long walk, but we remember this day very fondly.

Does anyone have any ideas? I feel safer with either a scheduled tour, or just walk.

Thank you, all![/quote']

4f6da1b67a36895686e2766374797176.jpg

Found this rainforest hike on cruise critic. I haven't seen it on this site but was thinking of trying it since the reviews are good on cruise critic. 4f6da1b67a36895686e2766374797176.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

4f6da1b67a36895686e2766374797176.jpg

Found this rainforest hike on cruise critic. I haven't seen it on this site but was thinking of trying it since the reviews are good on cruise critic. 4f6da1b67a36895686e2766374797176.jpg

Sorry I meant I've seen it on ship mate not cruise critic lol

This is our first visit to St. Croix' date=' so we would REALLY like to get to see something of the island. We are huge fans of hiking or other eco activities. A fort tour? Not so much.

Thank you, all![/quote']

You could hook up with CHANT for a walking tour (340-277-4834). I bet they will be open.

Christmas is also carnival season, just follow the music for a good time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This idea intrigues me! Tell me more!

Renee

Which part? I'll try both lol.

CHANT is the local historical society in Frederiksted, they will take you on a walk all over town and tell you all about the history of everything. They are wonderful people and it's very cheap, I believe about $20.

Carnival kicks off right before Christmas, they will probably still be setting up when you arrive. The official schedule is not out yet but basically, from about December 20th until January 10th it's constant music and parades.