Port of Miami to DisneyWorld transportation

NJLVW

Good Morning. I have searched and can not find what I am looking for. Hoping for some suggestions for those that may have done this or at least know what and how to do it.

We cruise out of Miami and will be going to DisneyWorld after the cruise. Not rushed. I am looking for options to get from Port of Miami to DisneyWorld. I was trying to check out rental cars however not sure where we would be picking up a car or dropping it off. I thought maybe there was bus transportation although so far I am unable to find what we need. Open to all suggestions!

Thank you

Hi, there is an Alamo and an Avis located at the Car Car Centre in Disney World. There is a free bus to the Transportation Ticket Centre, but then you would have to get on the monorail or a bus to one of the parks and then take a bus/train/boat to the hotel. So I would suggest taking a cab, but personally, I love the monorail and it's just apart of the Disney experience for me. If you're staying at a hotel with the monorail, that will make it much easier for you.

You can also drop off the car at MCO airport. Disney will transport you for free on the Magical Express bus. Just call WDW or your travel agent to add it your reservation. Just say you're carrying on your bags. As long as your staying at a WDW operated hotel, you're good to go. Just call and say your dropping off a rental car and need the shuttle service.

Another place you can drop off the car is the Hilton in Downtown Disney. You can check-in at your Disney hotel and drive back and drop it off there and take a bus from Downtown Disney to your hotel.

Wouldn't recommend the bus. Rental car for me would be the best bet. Otherwise, you can fly out of Miami to Orlando and take the Disney Magical Express bus for free from MCO. American/Delta both fly from here to MCO and Silver Airways from FLL. I took out spirit because... no.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DisneyDatknee

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer a free shuttle service between their MIA airport location and POM. If you get a better deal from someone else at MIA the cab fare to the airport is $27+tip or you can Uber for under $20. The drive from Miami to WDW takes about 4+ hours, depending upon how fast you drive and traffic.

Thank you both very much.

DisneyDaknee if we were starting in Disney, Car Care Center works quite well for us. That is where we usually get car rental from. I have never rented one area to return to another. Although, we are going in reverse from Port of Miami and didn't know where we would pick up a car rental there. If it weren't Alamo did not know where to drop it off. Good thought about flying as I never really thought of that. I will check into it. Although, I am someone who just wants it to be easy. I do not want to complicate anything. That being said if getting a rental car is the easiest with a shuttle service from the port we may just drive.

JohninDC as I mentioned we will be in no rush. Taking our time is ok. We would just be extending my week and extra few days. So, 4+ hours would be ok for me as long as DH doesn't mind doing the drive. lol

I have found the flight home after the cruise would be from FLL and it doesn't leave until after 6:30 in evening and I just do not want to sit at the airport all day. We are DVC and also AP so I figured we could extend my vacation a few days go to Disney fly home from Orlando. Always get great flights and times. I still have quite a few months to make a decision on this.

Again thank you

I just did a one way rental with Alamo and returned it to the Dolphin Resort on Disney property. National also has a desk here.

The drive from Brickell Ave to Disney World usually takes us around 3 hours 45 minutes. We do the turnpike for most of the drive.

I just did a one way rental with Alamo and returned it to the Dolphin Resort on Disney property. National also has a desk here.

The drive from Brickell Ave to Disney World usually takes us around 3 hours 45 minutes. We do the turnpike for most of the drive.

Thank you. Where do you get the car in Miami? I know Alamo is also at the Car Care Center in Disney so we would be good for the return of the car. Just trying to figure out where we go to pick up a car??

Thank you. Where do you get the car in Miami? I know Alamo is also at the Car Care Center in Disney so we would be good for the return of the car. Just trying to figure out where we go to pick up a car??

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer a free shuttle service between their MIA airport location and POM; show the driver your reservation paperwork to board the bus at POM.

I live on Brickell and have both picked up at MIA and at the downtown office in the Intercontinental Hotel. I only rent when I'm doing one way and flying home since I actually have 2 cars here!

If it was me, I would take an Uber to the Intercontinental hotel for around $5 and rent from there. (I don't believe they are open on a Sunday,) That's just a personal thing. I'd rather save the time rather than shuttle all the way to the airport. Then again, sometimes it's cheaper to rent at the airport, so I will end up there.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer a free shuttle service between their MIA airport location and POM; show the driver your reservation paperwork to board the bus at POM.

Good to know. Thank you. Will start checking prices from MIA. For some reason I thought I had to pick a location to go to outside of airport and I had no idea where to look. I will probably phone them to get myself accurate information for timing for the pick up & drop off. Now to convince DH that we are driving to Disney. :D. I think the excuse will be "well honey better flights home"! lol

So far can't convince DH to drive. :( However he is willing to go on any other type of transportation. :D I have done a little research and have found there are a few airlines that fly to Orlando from either Miami or FLL. YAY! Now to check out all the times and see what makes the most sense. I will keep you updated when we have made a decision which way to go. Thank you for all your opinions. It is always quite helpful!

So far can't convince DH to drive. :( However he is willing to go on any other type of transportation. :D I have done a little research and have found there are a few airlines that fly to Orlando from either Miami or FLL. YAY! Now to check out all the times and see what makes the most sense. I will keep you updated when we have made a decision which way to go. Thank you for all your opinions. It is always quite helpful!

AA flies directly from MIA to MCO and it's a very quick and easy flight. Done it a few times.

Another option you can check into is Amtrak to Orlando and then uber to Disney. It take a while to get there via train but it may end up being cheaper than buying the flights.

The drive is very very easy and given the amount of time to check in, security etc.. it won't save much time flying. Flying will also likely be much more expensive.

But yes plenty of airlines fly to Orlando. American Airlines offer the most flights. Its a quick flight, less than one hour, usually around 40mins or so. Spirit and Silver Airways are the two other options out of FLL. Delta has MIA-MCO as well, but I believe it might only be on Saturdays.

So far can't convince DH to drive.

Show him the prices for the airline tickets, include the fare to get to the airport, mention the time to check in and clear security, the time it takes to board and get off the flight, the time it takes to wait for your bags at MCO, and the cost/time it will take to get from MCO to WDW. He should rethink his opposition to a one-way rental. ;)

Show him the prices for the airline tickets, include the fare to get to the airport, mention the time to check in and clear security, the time it takes to board and get off the flight, the time it takes to wait for your bags at MCO, and the cost/time it will take to get from MCO to WDW. He should rethink his opposition to a one-way rental. ;)

You have a point!!! We aren't going to be in a hurry. I think he figures we are on vacation let someone else do the driving. lol

You can also look at Red Coach (First Class Bus Service)

They have an 11:30a - 5:00p bus that is normally costs $40-$60 per person.

The "First Class" buses have 27 seats, and the "Business Class" buses have 38 seats. (For comparison, Greyhound has 50 - 55 seats, so the Red Coach buses have a lot more space per passenger).

The website is redcoachusa.com

You can also look at Red Coach (First Class Bus Service)

They have an 11:30a - 5:00p bus that is normally costs $40-$60 per person.

The "First Class" buses have 27 seats, and the "Business Class" buses have 38 seats. (For comparison, Greyhound has 50 - 55 seats, so the Red Coach buses have a lot more space per passenger).

The website is redcoachusa.com

Thank you. I been trying to get information from them but so far no luck. I may be too far out to inquire for a booking. I will keep everyone updated.

Thank you. I been trying to get information from them but so far no luck. I may be too far out to inquire for a booking. I will keep everyone updated.

Contact them via Facebook or messenger - we heard back from them within a few hours.

We are planning to use them next May - too far out to book yet.

• 4 months later...

Just want to update everyone. As you have all been so helpful in my research. I just booked flights to Orlando. We will take transportation after cruise to FLL fly SW to MCO. I am going to be booking Magic Express so they get our luggage and deliver directly to our hotel. When I did all of my calculations on time taking bus, car, train or plane I came to the decision that flying for us made the most sense. DH really did not want to drive 3-4 hours in an area he didn't know. The bus transportation with stopping at different stops made our 4 hour to possibly 6 hours. By flying in yes we will have to go through security but it is an hour at most flight. So the inconvenience of sitting at the airport, security, boarding and arriving the time frame was about the same. So.... flying won! LOL. Thank you again for all the help. Now I just need to book our flights to get to MIA & home from MCO.

• 3 months later...

Here is my update from our vacation. We took SAS from the Miami cruise port to FLL airport. Flew SW to Orlando. Easy check in and flight. We were staying at Disney so Magic Express picked us up and Disney picked up our luggage and brought it directly to our room. Yes, I would do it again. The flight was maybe 40ish minutes from take off. The longest wait was for SAS to wait to fill his van. That probably took over an hour. I do appreciate everyone's responses to my original post and thought for anyone else looking to find the best option from Miami or FtLauderdale to Disneyworld. I do recommend flying. We did book early once the flights were available and they were inexpensive compared to what I was finding for car rental, bus or train. Plus, for me less stress...:)